Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Donations: help keep the forum online

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Default Donations: help keep the forum online

continued from
    Donations... read first post for total costs

It would be a great help if any of the members here would contribute just a few dollars a month. I simply donated 5EURO yesterday and hope that we can all pitch-in a few bucks to keep the cost down for members that donate monthly.

The concerts are supposedly on their way, and it would be a travesty for this forum to be down. We need this one extra push of energy and enthusiasm, and create a new vibe on this forum. We can revamp it to include new forum pages and discussion areas, or alter the ones we have now in a way that gives it a sort of rebirth into a new era. We can do anything.

If we have 1 member here, then this person would donate $100 to keep forum alive (for example) BUT if we have 100 members here then each member would donate 1 or 2 dollars only.

We need to know how many members are willing to donate on a monthly basis. . . if even for just a few months to keep this forum going for the concert stages.

PLEASE state here if you are willing to do so, so that I can count how many members we have donating, and we can then split the payment down . . the more people get on board, the less we have to donate!

Please think about it.

After all is said and done, I will personally let you guys know how much I will be donating a month. We just need to get organized a bit. It's how my brain works.

Thank you guys so much for at least considering this.

Stay true and stay happy.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wanted to donate to this forum but I just don't think I'm economically viable.
    Last edited by Ridingthewave; 14th August 2014 at 03:28.

Super Alizée Fan VIP / Donator Scruffydog777's Avatar

Of late, I seldom post here, but I feel it's important to Alizée to keep this forum going, so I donated 40 euros to help get the ball rolling. Hopefully AF will be able to bring their costs down in the same manner AAm did.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much!
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

Regardless of my previous post, I have been seriously contemplating about making a donation, but what I've seen in that link you've posted above doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I mean it seems that Finnishguy had donated 40 euros by the 3rd February 2012 in the last post but he still has no VIP Donator below his nick. Moreover Brian was actually told at one stage to stop donating by Riccardo... I mean c'mon what's that all about??? Then there's members such as you Orion and Scruffydog who have donated more money but nonetheless it still says "None" when I look at "Donations" below your avatars. Well I dunno, but I think other members here should know who is actually contributing, otherwise I feel others who want to contribute might lose faith.

Last edited by Ridingthewave; 24th August 2014 at 04:01.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

The donations counter under our AVs is a new thing and I do not expect it to show my previous donations or my current ones, nor do I care, RTW. It's just not up to date, nor do I like such a counter.

Also, at one point money ceased being a problem, as there were bigger problems to deal with.

I do not donate to get that green donator notice (you can have it), I donate and know it goes to where it is needed to keep the site open. I do not care about what the story was in 2012, as we are 2014 now. The large donation counter at top gets updated manually, as everything else, I believe, so it will not be up to date for a while at times.

Lastly, if you do not have money to donate, then please do not. Like I said though, if there are 100 active memebrs here, what wold be the probelm with 100 members donating 1 or 2 dollars! It's just an example. Donate if you want, only.

I'll try to get more info on the donations ticker, et al, clarified.

take care!