Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Alizéepretationts (Interpretations of Alizée Songs)

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

Default Alizéepretationts (Interpretations of Alizée Songs)

There are still many details in her lyrics I still have no idea how to deal with. As they not always refer to Alizée herself (for example Edie Sedgwick stuff on UEDS), the rather do not fit in the topic with Alizée questions. And I think it would cool to share our ideas about Alizée songs! Maybe we can see some meaning we wouldn't see if everybpdy worked all by themself?

Misc questions:

1. What happened on December 14? "14 decembre" lyrics make me think of the evening Edie overdosed and then died... But it was on November 16, right???
    2. Another time reference that's bothering me: is summer, mentioned in "Eden Eden" a reference to some particular summer in Edie's life? Or is it just summer like any summer?
    3. What is "Psychédélices" (song) about? What do you think a neologism "psychédélices" means?
    4. What is "L'effet" about?
    5. Do you think "L'e-mail a des ailes" is about Laurent Boutonnat?
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

hmm, Jazz, it is good to look on ''alizee reflections site'' and on americas forum are many info about songs from first albums.
    But still its nice idea to talk about these songs here.

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

Hm, I bet I've already posted somewhere on AF that I like alizee-reflections a lot and think it's an awesome work, really . Nevertheless, it does not describe all the possible contexts, which is quite understandable because no human being could get them all at once (unless their name is Alizée ). And you can see every single song from different points of view. Hmm, alizee-america? I haven't thought of that, to be honest - but seems like it indeed contains some interpretations so I really need to check it out .

Mf-international also contains some analyses of Alizée songs . As far as I can remember, only of those written by Mylene, though.

I think it's good to have such a topic here anyway, even if there are alrrady some sites coping with meanings of her lyrics. It just would be nice to see people interested, the more, the cooler .
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

Alizée Newbie

a cool song/intro is dont fear the reaper by BOC. its very easy to play