Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Alizée's New Single ("Blonde")

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

Smile Opinions on Alizée's New Single ("Blonde")

I think it's good to create a topic in this section. Of course, many of us have expressed some of our thoughts in the "News" section but here I'd like to see more details of your opinion on the song itself.

So, as for my first impression, I was disappointed. I was irked by repeating "BLONDE" in the ends of so many lines. "Damn, ok, I get it, you're BLONDE. I remember the word now. Can you stop using it with such a frequency, please?"

Now, though, I'm more ok with this song. I mean, it isn't great but let it be.
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

This track dont have this magic like JEAm or ACC, or even ACDA but... Has stile, idk why but it is realy nice, i cant get it out from my head. Echo all the time, it is not bad... But idk why its echoing couse i like much better previous

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's no Moi... Lolita but I guess it's a catchy tune nonetheless. I'd say with the lack of success she's had with her last few singles/albums she most likely felt what's to lose and so she went out on a limb here and released something completely different and kinda fresh. I'm sure it will appeal to many young girls out there and why not??? Well her first two albums were actually aimed at young girls too and that's why she was so surprised to see so many adults at her concerts.. it's kinda ironic, but it's not her fault that so many others also fell in love with her. She is the child of the century.

Although very simple, it IS a catchy song. It is also addictive.

An artist needs a variety of music. This is a nice balance to some of her songs that are more serious and have deep meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave
    I'm sure it will appeal to many young girls out there and why not??? Well her first two albums were actually aimed at young girls too and that's why she was so surprised to see so many adults at her concerts.. it's kinda ironic, but it's not her fault that so many others also fell in love with her.
    You really think it will??? I mean, I don't deny it might achieve a commercial success but well, I AM in my late teens and my peers would rather dance to something like "I'm sexy and I know it" or "Gangam style" - they like to laugh off stupid lyrics, make fools of themselves and have fun this way (I hope I'm not sounding offensive - I tend to have fun on ridiculously stupid things; it's the only way in which I can put up with the absurd of the world ). Other than this, the majority seems to like 80s hits, songs that everyone knows.

In early teens, most people don't even see the stupidy of such songs (at least it was so at my junior high school) and listen to them not only to have fun at club or to laugh them off but they listen to them reguraly as they don't even know other genres. Want a proof? Turn on some music channel aimed at teens. You'll hear Rihanna, Shakira, Pitbull or some uknown one hit starlet singing about partying/fucking/being unhappy after breaking up with their love.

Another possibly important group of teenagers is a "subculture" of hipsters, emos etc. This one is likely to listen to Nightwish, Emilie Autumn etc., and they won't even touch a commercial, mainstream album by Alizée.

I think if the album reaches any target, it'll be rather some more adult group . And I'll be happy if that happens .

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Although very simple, it IS a catchy song. It is also addictive.

An artist needs a variety of music. This is a nice balance to some of her songs that are more serious and have deep meanings.
    are you serious!

seriously it sounds just like other songs from her, with same style! There is nothing new here except her blonde hair, and some DALS resonance that is not having any meaning to her album in terms of sales or popularity!

It is also NOT a catchy song! This song will only catch a gold fish . . no marlin! I wish it were the opposite for sure! But if she could get nothing from 50/60, Les colines" of . . . . . . . AMD . . . ffs . . . . it is what is has been for the past few years and albums. It just is what it is, my friend.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    are you serious!

seriously it sounds just like other songs from her, with same style! There is nothing new here except her blonde hair, and some DALS resonance that is not having any meaning to her album in terms of sales or popularity!

It is also NOT a catchy song! This song will only catch a gold fish . . no marlin! I wish it were the opposite for sure! But if she could get nothing from 50/60, Les colines" of . . . . . . . AMD . . . ffs . . . . it is what is has been for the past few years and albums. It just is what it is, my friend.
    Perfectly serious.

We obviously have different opinions. We will have to agree to disagree.

I'm not saying it is witty. However, it is catchy, and I do find it to be addictive. Although I do not think it will wear well over time (in other words, it will not have the staying power of a song like ML), I can see why she did it, and I think it was a decent gamble. Of course, I cannot predict the French response (which is the response that matters most to her), but I like that she made this attempt.

Look at "5." It was a breakup album. It was well put together, but there was not really a song that could cut through the fog of all the media that people are pelted with these days. When you are trying to get people's attention, one way is to stand out from the crowd. This song effectively does just that.

She recently won DALS. Millions of people at least now know who she is (again). Now this comes along. It does jump out at you. It's energetic, and has a progressive aspect to it (which I really like). People will notice it. Yes, some will not care for it. However, there are many that will simply enjoy it for the 3 minutes it plays, before the radio goes on to the next song. The bottom line is that enough people will notice it to keep her in the public eye to some extent.

To repeat myself, I think it was a good gamble. And yes, overall I do like it.

Last edited by Rev; 23rd March 2014 at 06:38.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Of course it will not have the staying power . . .. maybe if she released it in the fricken summer months, instead, it would have better chance. I still do not see this song as "catchy" . . . it's a simple pop song that you know will disappear. I hope not! But I listen to this song and I see it as being for female teens only. That's the other thing! It's too 'lollipopy', with even the child's voice. This song should have been more universal and mature to have given her the BEST chance at rewards. She said she was going back to her roots, but it did not have to mean lolipop roots . . . There is nothing that can tell me differently, unless a whole bunch of blonde girls push this single up the charts ;-)

But it's ok becasue it does have better music and vocals than the others. It's the one thing I am really happy about, in this new single. It's fresh, when considering her previous songs.

POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    But I listen to this song and I see it as being for female teens only. That's the other thing! It's too 'lollipopy', with even the child's voice. This song should have been more universal and mature to have given her the BEST chance at rewards. She said she was going back to her roots, but it did not have to mean lolipop roots . . . There is nothing that can tell me differently, unless a whole bunch of blonde girls push this single up the charts ;-)
    Again, as I said, I don't think it's for teenagers, even the youngest ones. Now that I'm thinking of it, I think the target group could be like under 11. It's stuff a girl-child might like, yeah, in this way it can be catchy. But someone explain to me how it would raise up her sales? (I know very little about marketing so please excuse my ignorance. ) Children will not attend her concerts, will not have money to go and buy a CD, will not vote in pop charts...

Personally, my favorite thing about the single is that Alizée changed the colour of her hair.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    Now that I'm thinking of it, I think the target group could be like under 11. It's stuff a girl-child might like, yeah, in this way it can be catchy.
    Well yeah that's what I was trying to point out before.. but yeah of course there will be people of all ages who might also like the song although it's most likely targeted towards a younger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    Children will not attend her concerts, will not have money to go and buy a CD, will not vote in pop charts...
    Well youngsters would attend her concerts with parents, hehe that's how many seats get filled and I don't think a CD once in a while would be too much to ask for either.
    Last edited by Ridingthewave; 24th March 2014 at 14:08.

^ Thanks, now I get your point

Loup des steppes VIP / Donator Fenris's Avatar

My two cents:

It's no masterpiece, but it's fresh, catchy and danceable.

I like it. First Alizée Song I listen to in a loop since UEDS-times. Although it's totally different from that stuff.

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    My two cents:

It's no masterpiece, but it's fresh, catchy and danceable.
    my thoughts exactly! It's simply a catchy feel-good song, a lot more mainstream then her previous two albums.

Also you have to keep in mind that now after DALS she has a lot of new fans and she needs something more mainstream for a wider audience...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    . . . .

Also you have to keep in mind that now after DALS she has a lot of new fans and she needs something more mainstream for a wider audience...
    I would not call them fans, though! They are admirers, and more people that know of her and her charm, but it does not equate to new fans as far as her music goes, or how mainstream her single is . . and it is not a good type of mainstream! Katy Perry "Hot and Cold" is good mainstream catchy fun song, but I don;t think this song from Lili is in that type of good mainstream music, that is fun and catchy. I wish to be wrong, but I have not been wrong befo9re when it came to this sort of stuff, sadly.

The great thing about this single, oddly enough, is that we are anxious and impatient and excited to hear the rest of this album! I can't wait!!! I single like this makes you wonder about an interesting album that is totally different from her last few. I just don't see how 50/60, les Collines Never Leave You, etc. can fail and this new single can be expected to do what the others failed to, when 50/60 is MUCH more catchy fun and more mature than "blonde." Or How about "Never leave you", that had a great sound and English lyrics to boot! That was catchy and fun, no!? And would fair better with this DALS crowd. . . .