Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Describe Alizée's Voice!

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

Default Describe Alizée's Voice!

Since I heard Alizée's voice for the very first time, I've had many words to describe it. Wanted to share some with you.

Being absolutely serious now: it sounds as if it came from heaven. It's very sweet but at the same time it hasn't been exaggerated with sugar. Very, very womanly. When I heard it, I found it sorta unusual that a teenage girl had a voice like this, it sounded to me as though she were older...

Sexy. Sensual. (Never wanna leave you... ooh). Probably suits the fruits from the "Gourmandises" video.
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    Being absolutely serious now: it sounds as if it came from heaven....... Probably suits the fruits from the "Gourmandises" video.
    Indeed... simply put Alizée's voice is life.

Last edited by Ridingthewave; 19th January 2014 at 21:16. Reason: repost vid

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

srry double post
    Last edited by Ridingthewave; 19th January 2014 at 21:20.

It is difference between Lili Voice in 1999-2005 and 2007-8, 2010-2013.
    For me her voice was magical in first few years, in 2013 it is still damn interesting and great but somekind different, or it is just songs fault, i dont know.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Her first 2 albums were made for her vocal strengths (which aren't many) . . . but really all we need haha! In studio they can do wonders with her strengths, but live is a whole different story.

It is soft and alluring, but she is not a true vocal artist like a Auguilera or Dion. But she doesn't have to be . . . we know her strengths and weaknesses, and we love her just the way she is. She is doing just fine with her voice the way it is, and it has gotten better too! I miss what could have been if her voice would cover the whole spectrum of the octaves chart, ffs . . . .
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Everyone knows it's Windy docdtv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Singing in different languages

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Her first 2 albums were made for her vocal strengths (which aren't many)... In studio they can do wonders with her strengths, but live is a whole different story.
    I agree, but I still very much enjoyed her ("non-studio"?) En Concert DVD performances. Also, when she sings live in English, her French accent can be so strong it becomes the center of attention, and that does not help her.

Orion, has she ever tried to sing in Italian or Corsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Tario View Post
    For me her voice was magical in first few years, in 2013 it is still damn interesting and great but somekind different, or it is just songs fault, i dont know.
    In fact I agree but I dare to say it's due to the edition... Alizée's raw voice will not have sounded "magical". Also, I think that in UEDS her voice gets supernatural again. In another way (more mature one) but it does .

Orion, do you think she'd manage to improve her singing skills now?

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

__She can only improve her technique with what she has . . . there is a limit in octaves a person can reach due to their vocal chords, etc, so they improve on technique and breathing correctly to get more out of what they can manage (refine). For example, she cannot learn or practice to sing like an Auguilera type, which if you ever heard her live, you would be freaked out about how good she really is. Lili'e vocals cannot reach that level, or even close, and Lili would righteously agree with that. But like I said, it does not matter, because Lili has her style, and she is not known as a vocalist . . so, as pop singer, it is really moot, since it is all about lip-syncing and album engineering. If you look deep within the music industry gears and inner mechanisms, you will find that modern music is a complete transformation of what it once was, and what it meant to be a singer, etc. . . and here, I am only speaking of the marketing machine within the music business, mainly. It's a monster . . just ask MF ;-)

__as for whether she ever sang in Italian or Corsican, I can tell you for sure that she at the very least sang along to some Italian songs haha! But as far as I know she never tried to sing in Italian . . . but in school she did take Corsican language studies (as is mandatory). Anyway, if you mean professional, then no. . .
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Hmm, im just curious, what you can say about ''en concert'' in that voice thing, Orion?

Thank you very much, Orion. I realize how you can work on your voice depends on its kind. I just wondered if it's possible to "work out" the one that Alizée has, you know, to be really in charge of her voice, not her voice be in charge of her...

I dislike Auguilera music and I'm not gonna watch her live vids only to see how she deals with her voice. Dion's skills are indeed something worth looking up to, though.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tario View Post
    Hmm, im just curious, what you can say about ''en concert'' in that voice thing, Orion?
    __Well you can immediately tell that she is absolutely more comfortable singing low octave, slow, luscious vocals. You can also tell that there was no refined tone (even though she was running and jumping ;-)
    It's only because people ask that this stuff comes up. . . it's normal live voice in today's industry. Like almost everybody else she has her strengths and weaknesses, and she does not have that command of her voice singing live, and it's evident. It's ok though because she does not have to have that command, although it would get her more attention, certainly. She still has probelms executing certain vocals live . . she does not have that 'strength' to command a strong commanding voice (not steady, etc).

__ Jazzmin you can dislike Auguilera music, just like some people dislike Lili's music . . but Auguilera also covered some songs, and you can check those out live to see the difference in strength, and having a commanding voice.

We are ultimately only diving into the intricacies here, so there is no worries to keep focus on Alizée's lack of vocal strength as compared to others . . . they are all different, and the focus is on their albums. She will do just fine singing live!