Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Love struck fans bitten by the liilly bug

Default Love struck fans bitten by the liilly bug

Ok guys and girls something popped out at me in the last two weeks that couldn't be a fluke.

I was talking to another member (AAM and AF) about this yesterday and he pretty much came to the same conclusion as me.

I ran across Alizée back in Nov 2004 and of course I hit all the fan boards as a lurker trying to find out everything I could on our little girl.

As I went back around eighteen months and then moved forward on the different forums something really jumped out at me other than the mutual dislike of Jeremy Chatelaine. When November 2003 came and went and the news of Alizée's marriage to Jeremy became known there seemed to be a drop off in the number of posting members on these boards as the months went by. Then when it became known widely that Alizée was pregnant with her daughter Annili it was obvious that number of posting fans on these boards fell off the cliff as they say.

Well as the saying goes "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.?

Well what do you know all of a sudden Alizée finds herself a real serious boyfriend, Gregoire, and almost as quickly there is a mass exodus for the door on her fan boards.

Am I missing something here or am I just imagining this problem ?

I never realized the number of fans that are only hanging on her fan boards because they think they are in love with this woman and thought they had a shot at dating or even marrying her. It also seemed over the last two or so years as the number of tattoos increased on her arm the number of posting members decreased.

Damn, I never thought I would see so many fans throw in the towel as they say, because their fantasy has ended, now that Alizée has a real boyfriend and it isn't them.

Anyone else agree or disagree with what I'm seeing here?

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

You perfectly described "the lilly bug" phenomenon so I guess there's nothing to be added about the observation itself.

My opinion? I'm away from those feelings and what I can say as an outsider is... On the one hand, it's good. They say: "Always look at the bright side of life". Thanks to her beauty and charm she's gotten many fans. If it hadn't been for this, she might not have been able to release all her albums 'cause there would be hardly anyone to buy it. No label would allow her thus. On the other hand... I think it's sad that for many boys Alizée is/was only a crush they have/had on her and nothing more.
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Well, I have said many times that this is the net, and there are many people with personal issues, and they find an scape from the world here. It's a normal thing to occur simply based on numbers/odds alone! So many people in this world and it is not hard for some to find a common interest, and to be 'bitten' by the marketing and image and sex appeal etc etc etc etc. . . It's ok, though. It's normal and it's simply another part of www life. They come and go, and it does not make them bad. . . it just is what it is.

If someone were to see a very nice girl on the street and they suddenly had amazing feeling of love for that person (aka "love at first sight" thingy, etc), they would try to follow her for a sec or try to get a nerve to go up to her, but it would seem way too difficult a task so suddenly like that unless you had really gone over the top. . . . BUT, put that girl on a forum, with a mic in her hands and an image, and you have an easier way to cope with it to keep following that girl. From billions of people, it is natural that you will get an accumulation of that sort on forums . . before the NET, it was still there, but lurking in its own way until there was a way to release your passion (whatever it may be) and hence let it consume you or enjoy it in peace.

ALthough I am not here on those terms, I do understand it, and expect it fully to be a BIG part of these forums. Most times it's about a caring that develops for the person and it transforms into something else too. It depends on the person.

I defended Lili when she had her boyfriend, and then her husband. I not only defended her, I defended Jérém too! I even had to defend her yet-to-be-born child, if you can believe it!

On the subject of DALS, and Gregorie, etc. . . I think it`s a bit unfair to judge the forum traffic in that way in this case: there was more traffic because there was more things going on with the amazing potential that she could win . . . "what if!"

After it ended, there would naturally be less traffic. . . it's like coming off a high, and going cold turkey! But, yes . . it is a bug. . . and it happens here as it does in other aspects of life for other people and even things! Don't be surprised by it, rather, see it for what it is. The forum WILL get low attendance, and it WILL get high attendance, for what it is . .. and it is what people want it to be for them.

At the end of the day, I just hope people will have the character to not spite and judge to fine members of this forum. Sometimes its just a case of humans being. . .
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    I never realized the number of fans that are only hanging on her fan boards because they think they are in love with this woman and thought they had a shot at dating or even marrying her.

Damn, I never thought I would see so many fans throw in the towel as they say, because their fantasy has ended, now that Alizée has a real boyfriend and it isn't them.
    lololol this is hilarious. Sadly, it's gotta be true to a certain extent

I became fan in 2010, so I missed most of the Germy time, hehe. Still tho, I never really liked him. Quite the opposite, especially when I found out they broke up. Funny because the effect was opposite for me, although it was coincidental. I was away from forum for a good while while she was single (by the way, what is the exact/approximate date that happened? I've only an idea, not sure), but I still followed her plenty and pre-ordered 5 hat box . I don't mean to sound unappreciative of forum, but a forum is a forum. One can still follow without forum (obviously instagram, twitter, etc.). Still though, AF is grreat and allows fans more complete following (even creepy) . As for Greg situation, It seems good and I'm happy for her (altho he is the super lucky piece of..). He's this shrimpy bunny looking dude that I feel i could slap around lol, but I like him based on what I saw in DALS. No matter what, we don't know exactly what's going on in their heads and where this is going to lead, so no biggy for now. I would just like her to be happy. Maybe it's coincidence that there are less member on in diff forums. After the big kaboom of DALS, kinda makes sense. That took energy.. I could disappear from forum tomorrow for long time, but I'd still be megafan, or you know big fan. But ya, the "liilly bug" phenomenon, as you called it, exists.

Orion please don't take my post as criticism of anyone on this or any other of Alizée's fan boards. It is just an observation on behavioral patterns of board members over a period of time. Just the passing of time and the comings and goings of various persons as they spend their days, months and years learning about and discussing Alizée then all of a sudden they are gone in an instant never to be heard from again. I look at what she has accomplished on her own in the last year and wondered if those past fans who moved on over the years will ever realize that they are missing out on some of the most exciting up lifting times of Alizée's professional life in the last six years.

I have not been here long enough, or pay attention to those stats, however once I was "bitten" I was a goner....

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Orion please don't take my post as criticism of anyone on this or any other of Alizée's fan boards. It is just an observation on behavioral patterns of board members over a period of time. Just the passing of time and the comings and goings of various persons as they spend their days, months and years learning about and discussing Alizée then all of a sudden they are gone in an instant never to be heard from again. I look at what she has accomplished on her own in the last year and wondered if those past fans who moved on over the years will ever realize that they are missing out on some of the most exciting up lifting times of Alizée's professional life in the last six years.
    I never did take it as criticism of the fans of this forum . . . I was merely pointing out how things are in those situations. No worries :-)