Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blonde (2014-06-23)

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

She may have had a pretty bad ride, but like I explained in another thread a while ago, you cannot be too surprised at her lack of success. I was surprised when AMD . . a piece of music and sound that could only be founf in MF albums, and nowhere else. . . didn't get the attention it deserved. When that didn't happen, I could tell you that personally nothing would surprise after. I still don't understand what is wrong with French society when such great sounding music gets ignored. Then I wondered if it had anything to do with the lyrics, because as a international fan so did not understand the lyrics without a translator, it was amazing experience! Sometimes, when you translated a song into English it just did not present itself very well. SO maybe even though the songs sounded great, the French public didn't really care about "I'm not Twenty" or "I'm fed up", lyrics.

If her next album is simply about stories and not personal stuff. . . . I especially do not want to hear an album where we have to guess about who she is singing about or any other types of allusions. . . . That's all I can ask for. She does deserve more success, and that is simply my tiny opinion that I think will serve her well to stay away from the "my life" lyrics. We get enough of that in American music, ffs!

One last thing:

If she can pull it off, I would LOVE for her to do a cover for her next album of an oldie French song (think Ella Elle La type) done in a completely new way while retaining the soul of that song. Why!? Because it's an easy way to get a hit, fresh into the minds of the French public, no matter the age. I wuld love to see that happen . . but which song!? Something fun, and hip. I think I mentioned this last time too, but I can't let go of it . . . . I just hope!
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^

Yeah AMD is ffs a beautiful song and yeah Ella Elle La too and then there's Par Les Paupiers and the list goes on and on. I mean I was suprised that Veni Vidi Vici never had a say back in the day too.

Well thankfully we lived those days though cuz they ain't coming back!

You know what.. I discovered our angel back in November 2001 and someone told me I was a bit late to the party back then.. haha how wrong they were!

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    ^^

Yeah AMD is ffs a beautiful song and yeah Ella Elle La too and then there's Par Les Paupiers and the list goes on and on. I mean I was suprised that Veni Vidi Vici never had a say back in the day too. . . .
    For lots of international fans, there are lots of questions about those songs, their great sound, and WHY she was so quickly out of the people's consciousness! Was it the lyrics!? That's what I am left thinking. . . .

So, now with every new album, we are left translating the songs to the more mature lyrics maybe, but the sound is now gone that we came to flock to. . . I hope the new album, if any, will go back to sound engineering heights! Why? Because not understanding the lyrics, you are left with 2 sets of incredible sounds from the vocals and the music, and you have this seemingly alien experience compared to the person that understands French. You do not care what the lyrics are about when the music and vocals are like a symphony to you.

Once you start translating the songs, after a fair amount of time has passed, you then become 'altered' when you hear the music again with the added lyrical knowledge this time. . . . and wonder if the lyrics are what kill you or elevate you, as far as French speakers go.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

On the Télé 7 Jours article Alizée reveals that she will soon go to Japan (soon) to record new songs in Japanese and in French for the next album.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    to record new songs in Japanese

Japanse? Damn, i knowed that she like this things but... Damn, realy? It's same mix like english/french/spanish XD Im realy curious.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking that the chorus, etc, will be in Japanese and not really full Japanese songs. . . . . .

But I love Japanese culture , , and anybody that knows anything about me here during all these years, knows how crazy I am about the cherry blossoms . . or whatever kinda blossoms. . . .

I love Samurai, the sword and, of course, 合気道 , of which I am VERY well versed in. AND I love Alizée . . . . it's perfect!

Next I want her to go to Egypt and have a concert ion front of the Pyramids . . . . . . . . but that's another story, ffs.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

Quote Originally Posted by Tario View Post
    Japanse? Damn, i knowed that she like this things but... Damn, realy? It's same mix like english/french/spanish XD Im realy curious.
    Well, there's only few sounds that she cannot natively pronounce perfectly. If she practice a bit, it won't be a problem really. Spanish and Japanese, for example, are pronounce much alike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Next I want her to go to Egypt and have a concert ion front of the Pyramids . . . . . . . . but that's another story, ffs.
    that would be cool apart from all the construction going on and dirty nappies flying around in the background.

Japanese+ Alizée sounds damn exciting. I reeally hope she does a song in Spanish, tho. La Candida is one of her best songs . To talk a bit about her albums throughout her career, what are you guys talking about??!! Lack of success? Failure? I don't think any of her albums have really bin failure, def not total failure. If not done well in sales, been good for critics. If not done well in X, done well in Y (e.g. France, Mexico). Plus, I love all her albums, so none of them failure . I do think she shoulda had more success overall tho . At this point i hav lot of trust that, not matter when album come out, it will be good. It should just be released whenever is best

Alizée spent a day in studio

Blog Entries

^^

Damn she really needs to slow down and take things easy.. hope she isn't becoming a workaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNk6Mx View Post
    To talk a bit about her albums throughout her career, what are you guys talking about??!! Lack of success? Failure? I don't think any of her albums have really bin failure, def not total failure.
    I never mentioned failure, but the record label issues she's had aswell as management issues ( I've lost count of how many managers she's been through since Olivier Kahn left the scene back in 2004 ) along with the cancelled concert in Paris back in 2008 and lack of music video's.... tv performances.... single releases there have been compared to the old days kinda tells us she's had a pretty bad ride.

Of course none of that has been her fault though.

If not done well in sales, been good for critics.
    Yes even though UEDS wasn't recieved well by the public in general, I'm sure many people in the bussiness respect her.. whether it be for her talent, versatility, longevity, exuberance, style, charm, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    ^^

Damn she really needs to slow down and take things easy.. hope she isn't becoming a workaholic.

I never mentioned failure, but the record label issues she's had aswell as management issues ( I've lost count of how many managers she's been through since Olivier Kahn left the scene back in 2004 ) along with the cancelled concert in Paris back in 2008 and lack of music video's.... tv performances.... single releases there have been compared to the old days kinda tells us she's had a pretty bad ride.

Of course none of that has been her fault though.

Yes even though UEDS wasn't recieved well by the public in general, I'm sure many people in the bussiness respect her.. whether it be for her talent, versatility, longevity, exuberance, style, charm, etc, etc, etc.
    Lol yes. Seems like she should focus on DALS n then do album stuff.

Lol yes yes, I don't think it was you, but the words "lack of success" and "failure" were mentioned in this thread, but i was also speaking in general. There are many negatives like u say and some that she has definitely mentioned, but i bet she'd say that it's been a good ride overall (I think she has, or something like that) . And it really seems like things going to be better now. Things seem more in control, she seems more centered and def has more experience now

Yes and psychedelices "sucked" in France, but not in Mexico :>. She always wins something it seems never has a total loss

And that reminds me of...

DALS! She better win all the way there! Even more respect gained
    Last edited by LiNk6Mx; 18th November 2013 at 02:58.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

. . . . but the words "lack of success" and "failure" were mentioned in this thread, but i was also speaking in general. There are many negatives like u say and some that she has definitely mentioned, but i bet she'd say that it's been a good ride overall (I think she has, or something like that) .
    Most of the "failure" talk is about the actual fact that her albums have not done well, and not about her personal failure to deliver a respectful album, no matter if we like all songs or a few. She has certainly said that she would not change a thing and is grateful for her career . . . she knows she is lucky, but at the same time she stepped up and did her thing to get all the attention in the beginning. It was never something that could last, anyway.

And it really seems like things going to be better now. Things seem more in control, she seems more centered and def has more experience now. . .
    Well DALS has overtaken the excitement that Enfoires has given the fans. . . it is centered on her and her abilities and her supporters. It's one of those "15mins" that she has earned and is allowing fans to be more excited and positive about her future. Imagine without DALS. . . . .