Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blonde (2014-06-23)

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

"DALS hype" had never anything to do with this album, imo. . . . ever! No matter the months. Just because some other performer might win, it would not equate to more followers later. . . . unless it were someone totally new and got sound, valid exposure. That was not the case here. I understand that DALS might've given her a boost in the consciousness of the people of France, but they did not need to see Lili win DALS to buy her albums. That's how it is when you pump out albums like a Pez dispenser!

She certainly has the down to earth quality that is missing from current performers out there, but there are simply so many things at play here that even had there been a boost in sales due to DALS exposure, it would've been simply a blip on the radar, and nothing that could bring back 2003-04, for example, or suddenly make this album way more popular than her previous, on account of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    . . . They said they would think about it.
    There was nothing to think about! There were only questions to ponder like: is the album good enough!? People that viewed DALS and cheered for Lili, mostly did not care about any future albums she would release . . about as much as the regular consumer, anyway. Fans cheered and voted for thier own, and others remained unbiased in their voting and cheering. . . . that's DALS. That she got exposure over a fairly wide viewing audience in France, could not help her music career, in terms of album sales.
    This talk about the album release being 7 or so months too late . . that the new season of DALS is here now, is pure horse shit, WADR! Certainly the DALS tour would keep the torch alive or feed the enthusiasm, right!? Wrong . . because it is all meaningless to what you guys seem to have been expecting from an earlier release of the album.

The hype was good for her . . the exposure in that arena . . . but the album is on another playing field, where a popular album would have boosted her DALS participation/ratings, but not the other way around, sorry to say.

. . . . the songs on the album will determine everything. It's great to hear Alcaline!! It's the kind of song that you could rely on to help sell an album for her. People from DALS exposure to her would search for her album online, and hear this song and would either like it, or not. They wold decide to DL it or not, or to buy the album or not. . . just like the regular consumer.

Mon Planeur!!!! come on people . . . don't need any DALS hype. The song remains the same!
    Last edited by Orion; 2nd July 2014 at 06:41.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

3300 copies... it's sad, but i'm full of hope, that Alizee still will be record (UEDS and 5, great CDs, but poor sales too) ! In my opinion Blonde is her worst (or second worst, just did't decide which is worse - Blonde or Psychedelice) album (but there are songs which i like of course)

English translations of Seulement pour te plaire

http://www.alizeeart.com/english-tra...-blonde-album/

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan CarlosInOZ's Avatar

i don't know where you go to see the stats you Guys go on about, not that it
    means that much to me, there's No Way that sales are lower than on previous releases.
    No Way brother ! Triple maybe.

English translation of "L'amour renfort".

http://www.alizeeart.com/english-tra...-blonde-album/

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosInOZ View Post
    i don't know where you go to see the stats you Guys go on about, not that it
    means that much to me, there's No Way that sales are lower than on previous releases.
    No Way brother ! Triple maybe.
    Yes, they are lower.

581 album downloads, 2773 physical CDs sold.

alyzzé on napster

Alizée Interested

Charts in France

Album Download: Entry12
    Album Physical: Entry 19
    Album: Entry 20

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

it's not France but she jumped from No. 72 to No. 19 in the Belgian (Wallonia) album charts... that's her highest ranking there since MCE..
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    it's not France but she jumped from No. 72 to No. 19 in the Belgian (Wallonia) album charts... that's her highest ranking there since MCE..
    Nice jump. I'm curious about the quantity of albums that sold

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

A year or so ago I said how she should hold a concert in Belgium . . . . at the triage lavoir de peronnes haha . . . oh well if only they were both ready at the same time. Imagine ACC (fits perfect with the building's past and present state) sung at the grand opening, along with her current single(s) to boot!

mmmmmmmm if only! The songs dictate evreything. . . it is what will sell this album! ANY sort of exposure from other events in the not-to-distant-past (ie.DALS) would only work if the songs on the album were good enough to merit attention that does not simply wither and dissipate afterwards. That is the whole point of everything folks! The music. . . it has been that way ever since ML. Hopefully it picks up the more her songs are heard even in snippets.

Alizée Forever!