Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's find the new Alizée! | The Eastern European Alizée Project 2013

Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar

Default Let's find the new Alizée! | The Eastern European Alizée Project 2013

As Scruffy mentionned in a thread at AAm the fact that the golden era of the first two albums is now long gone is a real problem when it comes to reach a new public . This reminds me that I forgot to tell you guys the project i've set up.

As you guys may know I'm a medical student from the university of bordeaux in france, but the thing is I've been sent to Romania as part of a european student exchange program until this fall (I'm forced to study in english and that also really improved my proficiency) . But as surprising as it may sound I'm starting to like this place (I can afford to live a few hundred meters away from the sea and eat everyday at the restaurant :p ... and students are allowed to take care of patients in hospitals as soon as the first year while you've got to wait till 3rd year in france) ... But I actually have the possibility of extending this trial period in romania so that I will stay 3 or more years here before coming back to France . Here comes my plan : I became friends with a german dude studying here who happened to be really interested in Alizée when I first lent him my HDD full of Zée stuff ... I can now safely say that he's a real fan even though he's relying on me to get news about her as he's not registered on any board. . .

I was really satisfied with having been able to turn a friend into a fan , just like I became one thanks to my girlfriend. So I decided to try my luck and was planning to do the same of one of the very few other french dudes in this foreing university with whom I happened to share a passion for airplanes and piloting ... And surprisingly he happened to be a fan of Mylène Farmer !! Although he had never been interested in Alizée, as he noticed that I was seeking to gather people around Lili he gladly joined us and even watched the 2004 concert with us a couple of times...

With time passing , and exams approaching I could see the guys distancing themselves a bit from our little fairy, there was this atmosphere of lassitude ... they felt like they were living in the past. ... and that's how we came up with a plan: make Alizée's spirit from the early years reborn from its ashes!

We realized that as we were all coming from quite wealthy families and that the average salary in romania is far lower than France or Germany's , the three of us had an enormous purchasing power . So we decided to save funds to prepare a "quest" for young local teenagers between the age of 14 and 17 around the region, we're not sur how we're gonna do it yet but we'll try to print massive amounts of fliers with pictures of Alizée on them, saying that we're looking for look alikes and we'll maybe hire gipsies to distribute them in our city but also in every little village in the area, inviting the girls to send pictures of themselves on a special email adress, or give us a call so we'll send somebody over to take pictures.

Of course , this will mean selecting less than a dozen of potential little Zées among maybe several hundreds of candidates.. That's why we're saving for the transportation costs, the printing, the studio we'll rent for the interviews.

But this isn't the end, out of this dozen of candidates we'll have to select one or two, and the look alike factor won't be sufficient, we'll hire a singing teacher and an english teacher for them (thankfully it's not really expensive here) and my friend and I will be teaching them french. Then after some language proficiency and singing tests , they'll go through a second selection to reduce the number of candidates to 5 . We will then start a course of intense singing and dancing lessons which might take up to a year.

If everything went well... we'll select one of them , while the four other will stay with us as dancers for the choreographies . We will get all the outfits we can get from the Gourmandises and MCE era ( Moi Lolita red dress, the blue/pink one from JPVA , the white/ red one from gourmandises, etc..) and start renting small concert halls where they'll perform in front of the romanian Alizée fans (which are surprisingly numerous ) .

We've estimated the expenses of the project to be of around 10,000 euros over a 15 months period but we hope to get some money back from the live performing and the youtube channel we'll set up if we manage to have Alizée's approval.

We've only started to save money for the project but we're all very motivated. Think about it, a french speaking new little alizée, wouldn't that be awesome ? ^^

Btw I know some people working for the local TV very well, what if we could make this happen ?

Okay, we're all very young, we've only started to save money so far, but I'd like to have your opinion on the project before playing to the new Graines de Stars copycat
    Last edited by lapinschous; 25th June 2013 at 05:59.
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

Sorry my good friend, however, this hunt to find a "future" Alizée has already been conducted. There were no possibilities then, as there are no viable candidates at this time. Good luck in your ventures my good Alizée friend. I spent Decades to find the superior Pop Artist.....that new Protoge looks a lot like Selena Gomez, who in USA and Mexico has had an argument about being The New Queen of Pop too.....but not even Selena can top The First Lady of Pop! ALIZEE JACOTEY!!! If you find a rival, Lapischous, send her pictures to me. But please do not send me pictures of Katy Perry trying to act like she is Alizée
    Last edited by robertrhein; 22nd June 2013 at 06:30.

Of course no one can replace her , but what we'll do is trying to come as close as possible .
    Miracles do exist, and with the necessary funds and some donations we'll achieve a lot I'm sure

If this is a success, then it might even benefit Alizée's popularity that is currently dying off... At the rate fans are leaving her behind , we must act ! And i'm positive this project will bring back the public's attention to Lili.

But of course we're open to criticism, please share your feelings on the matter !

Edit:

We'll print the first posters in two weeks, here's a prototype. We'll only print a couple hundred of those ones to test the public reaction and see how it looks like.
    My friends will be in charge on contacting the local newspaper to tell the population about our project. (It's really easy to appear in the newspaper here, just tell them that you're a foreigner and give them some money )

Btw: Fée-Nix is a pun , Fée means fairy in french, and Phénix ... well Phoenix.
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

My heart and mind are still as they were back in 2000.

btw guys and gals, if this is about a new pop artist search of some kind, then this thread does not belong in the Lili discussion section, no matter how many times you mention Alizée, or posters you print with her likeness on them ;-)
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Yes, Alizée seared my heart so deeply there could never be another. My heart still beats for Alizée. Just like it did the first time I saw her. On 04-25-2010. There could never be another even close to Lili. For me.....Anyway, wherever the thread goes is up to the mods. And to you Lapinschous, good luck in your endeavor. Many of us have conducted online and searches otherwise to attempt to find someone who is even close to her unrivaled natural beauty. And every search has come up empty. And that is just searching for someone close to her physical beauty, not to mention her style and her talent. No, God The Father, Creator of Everything did break the mold when He fashioned Alizée.....for in His Eternal Wisdom He Knew we mere humans could only handle one Lili....Only Alizée can happen only Once In A Lifetime........
    I have had some time now to think it over.....more than three years now.....this never was a phase I would go through....I loved ALIZEE the moment I saw her......and I love her more today than I loved her yesterday......if that were even possible. I have loved a lot of music in my long miserable life......but I have never loved anyone like I love ALIZEE JACOTEY from Ajaicco, Corsica, France born 08-21-1984 almost exactley 20 years after I was born.......
    Nope, once you have been struck by the best, utterly floored by The Greatest, the rest do not matter any longer. And I was so floored by Alizée I am still in utter awe and shock even to this day. When I saw her the first time she shot straight through my heart, soul, flesh, and bones.....still does today. Alizée does not need help retaining her fan base. The fans she has are now all die hard, true blue, lifetime fans, not the fair weather variety. Many people have spoken so highly of her, only to later find, thier hearts were far away from her.....she dont need those kind......and she loves her true fans, all of them. And her true fans, and her friends love her....
    Last edited by robertrhein; 22nd June 2013 at 22:55.

My friends and I after we were done with the university stuff directly went to a dancing school a few blocks away that we've heard of from local romanian students (reportedly full of beautiful highscool girls ) ... surprisingly we were very nicely welcomed there, a dancer speaking very good english even brought us tea !

We had a look at the girls training (well there wasn't many as the holidays have started) for about 20 minutes while talking about our project to the chick. .. well since we were always mentionning the name of Alizée, we had to show her some videos on an ipad , and when we played one the moi lolita live performance she instantaneously recognized the song and said that everyone knows it here but they all just forgot the name of the singer !

The good news is she gave us a list of all the dancing or singing school she knew of in the region and even invited us to see the girls from her school performing at the end of the holidays !

I'll keep you guys up to date!

(other good news is that we might be able to recruit a fourth guy from Norway who showed some interest in the project!! )
    SUBSCRIBE

From AAm

Quote Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
    I don't know how things go there but if you were to do the same thing in the US I'd recommend requiring the talent to have chaperones present at all times, and make sure none of you are ever alone with any of the girls. You never know what claims someone not chosen the winner might come up with. Of course, a cash settlement might be required. Just keep the atmosphere appropriate and there probably won't be any problems.
    Thanks for your concern guys, we thought about that... but again, what we'll be looking for in the numerous castings and interviews we'll do with each candidates will be that little spark in Alizée's eyes, that innocence, spontaneity that makes Lili all so special. We'll be looking at the facial features , bodytype, pitch of the voice , personality, honesty etc. but we'll also have to make sure that once we've put all our investment in time and money one those five definitive girls, they won't leave the project (We'll never dare to ask them to pay us back the dozens of singing or dancing lessons, so we will first make sure that we can trust them and their family) .

I'm not sure we'll have to worry about cash settlement or legal concerns because we're talking about 14 to 16 years old girls just like Alizée was at graines de stars and we've already decided that we won't give to the candidates any money during the selection process no salary whatsoever... We will be looking for girls motivated in the project, not in money. (But we might end up giving them pocket money once we'll have the 5 definitive candidates, and ofc we'll share the revenue if we manage to perform on stage after the first year of training.)

So yeah, that's really a quest to find a bunch of girls as close as possible to Alizée , even though it's pretty obvious we'll never find the exact same Lili , it's gonna be an interesting experience to give the opportunity to a few girls to embody the character created by Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, just like Alizée played that role 13 years ago. It's just about finding the right person to wear the Lolita suit :p

So since today is sunday and everything is closed, we won't be able to print the prototype posters, but Steffen (the german dude) will be getting the official visiting cards of the Fée-Nix project he got from a friend of his .

Then we'll chill out at the beach before the sun sets (yeah it's already 7 here), and we'll be looking for the highschool girl we met last week, she said she could introduce us to some of the most beautiful girls of the city ... so we'll give her some of our freshly printed visiting cards! ^^

...and then watch the Man of Steel !
    SUBSCRIBE

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
    We've estimated the expenses of the project to be of around 10,000 euros over a 15 months period but we hope to get some money back from the live performing and the youtube channel we'll set up if we manage to have Alizée's approval.
    wow. you must have a lot money to spare to make young girls "famous" for a few minutes...

I'm sorry but this project makes me feel quite uncomfortable. So you are looking for a "new" Alizée right? You take young girls and make them into "Alizées"?

First of all, you can't just copy a person, people should express themselves and not just copy someone for this kind of "casting". You might copy some habits or something you like from a person you adore but you can't copy a person. Unless you want to cast an Alizée double or something.

and when you found "her" or "them" - so what? I mean did it occur to you that these girls might have hopes? and more hope than just singing for one time a few french songs in front of some people? Don't you think some might be doing this because they expect to get "discovered", get a career or sth? Do you really think this might happen? There are a shitload of singing contests etc. stuff like this simply doesn't happen. And in the end you will stand there in front of girls with shattered hopes?

I'm sorry I don't wanna be rude but let's be honest... but this sounds too much to me like you creating little Alizée because you and your friend are frustrated that you can't be close to her yourselves...

Also thread moved.
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Alizée Newbie

From AAm

Thanks for your concern guys,
    You're welcome

Super Alizée Fan Melle Juliette's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those who dont read AA, my opinion...

Lapinschous,

maybe you dont mean nothing bad with this project, but I have feeling it can turn to weird way. The girls which you will find maybe for first time will be ok, to try to be as much possible as Alizée, but as I know todays generation... and sorry I must say it, half todays young girls are future bitches or future gold-diggers... honor to some exceptions...
    Then however the idea can be peaceful, but the most Europe has really bad meaning about people living in eastern Europe, and dont tell me not, cause I know it very well.

You wrote somewhere about you want to get Alizées approval... however I dont believe it will happen... but if yes... we know that sometimes Alizée is saying other things than things which she really want to say... by this I want to say, maybe she would give you approval, but in her mind there will be opposite oppinion.
    Just look... people still post the old stuff, however she clearly explained she never liked to be a "doll"... but she takes the situation "OK" cause it was part of her life... but still, I dont think its good to rewoke the memories on "old" Alizée, when she hardly tried and still try to find her own way and we should be with her and not still look to past. I see it many times on our A-Life page - on friday I posted photo from Fete De La Musique from 2003, and someone commeted "2003 - RIP Alizée". I know people liked most the G and MCE, but if they and YOU most here still want to live in the dimenssion of "old" Alizée, sorry but its really situation for thinking if you are fans of Alizée or just her old work.

So I think, the rewoking Alizées "old" musical life, using others people can more hurt her and her career...

and again from AA

Come on man, that's the whole point of the project , bringing the Lolita created by Mylène Farmer back to life ...

Well this is enough for me. This is not about Alizée and to "help" her career. This is about your weird dream to keep the "Lolita" alive.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

This is what I said about forums a LOOOOONG time ago: that there are fans of different mindset and caliber, too, with different thoughts and feelings, and emotions. This thing to revive a lolita, etc etc etc, is nothing more than a little anecdote for future forum members to hear about for amusement, as far as I am concerned. These are just forum things . . member things . . FAN things. If you miss Lolita, etc., then some will ask was it about Lili to begin with! Since you are looking for another one! For many fans it was all about lolita and hormones, and with that came some admiration, and then some respect, and lots of forum contributions, and fan meets etc etc etc etc etc. . . and on the other side, is simply this girl that got the 1 in a million shot to become famous and rich. Everybody got what they wanted. . . . Just don;t let all this stuff go to your heads guys and gals. I mean this with sincerity! If you want to find another lolita, by all means, knock yourselves out, get it through your system. Just don;t forget that Lili got thaqt one in a million shot, but more than that, she was 1 in a million to begin with. you won't find "pop stars" like her. God help that poor girl that gets sucked into the pop business and fame, and lets it all go to their head like Cyrus, or Britney, et al. One look towards Lili and you will see that you have never been looking at a "lolita." This talk about a "new Alizée" just makes people think of the shallowness and emptiness and worth of fan admiration, for 99.9 percent of it is dependant upon image and want and even hormones.