Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Is Alizée religious?

Blog Entries

Default Is Alizée religious?

I've never red anywhere about this. Is she religious? Has she ever talked about something like this? I'm asking because nowadays she's wearing a cross on her necklace.

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
    I've never red anywhere about this. Is she religious? Has she ever talked about something like this? I'm asking because nowadays she's wearing a cross on her necklace.
    http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...ous-preference

btw I don't think that everyone who's wearing a cross as a pendant has to be religious...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    btw I don't think that everyone who's wearing a cross as a pendant has to be religious...
    I agree.

Also I think she is about as religious as most of the people in Europe these days, she probably does believe in God in some way, and when there is some religious festivals in her hometown she attends it. But she doesn't go to church regularly or anything else, so she is probably non-practicing catholic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...ous-preference

I did NOT say that she must be religious, I've just asked a question. It's not the same.
    Sorry, but I've never seen anything about this theme, as for Lili.
    But I just asked... Don't cut my head off, please...

But there are people who wearing crosses because it's the latest fashion and so on. I just wanted to know that which group Alizée belongs to.

But thanks for the link.

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

why should I cut your head off? You asked a question and I remembered that I read something about it once in this forum and gave you the link because I was too lazy to write it down myself that's all.

Also I didn't say that you meant that she must be religious because of the cross... it was just something I wanted to say about that.

sorry it wasn't my intention to insult you or make you feel uncomfortable
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Everyone knows it's Windy docdtv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile "Show me my Teresa"

...Is she religious? Has she ever talked about something like this? I'm asking because nowadays she's wearing a cross on her necklace.
    Szia, Melle Katherine -

Alizée has never been religious, although I think she studied catechism, as is common on Corsica. Her husband Jeremy is Jewish, but ended his observance of the most important Jewish holiday, Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) after his mother passed away from cancer. My theory is that they got married in a Las Vegas, USA civil ceremony to avoid the issue of a religious marriage in France. Certainly before Vatican II, the Catholic Church did not recognize the validity of marriages it did not perform. If that remains so today, Alizée's life with Jeremy was always illicit in their eyes.

Naturally, on an island as rustic and traditional as Corsica, church holidays and other rites are deeply integrated into the culture. So it is natural that Alizée has always used her Facebook site to wish readers a happy day on traditional Corsican holidays. During the annual St. Erasmus festival on Corsica, the church blesses the fishing fleet. You may know that Alizée's grandmother worked in fishing, so it was especially appropriate when she took part in the 2010 celebration. (You can learn more about that occasion by clicking on the fish logo at the bottom of the page here*. )

Religious themes and stories provide a great opportunity for artistic creativity - even by non-believers. The American singer Joan Osborne is such a non-believer, who was raised as a Catholic and has exploited that religious background in her work. One example is a hit song of the 1990s called Saint Teresa. Because the music video for it used several symbols associated with Alizée, I was inspired to propose that a revised version starring Alizée be made. The idea is detailed here. You can even use the translation engine I embed at the top left corner of the page to read it in Hungarian!!!

At least twice Alizée has participated in the creation of a Christmas song by a large group. Both times her French-born Jewish friend "Tahiti Boy" (David Sztanke) was responsible for the writing. Both songs avoided religion, focusing instead on things like the seasonal weather and Santa Claus. By the way, about half of the most popular USA Christmas songs have been written by Jews! But just think, Alizée's songs were also written by a Hungarian!

I cannot tell you why she has been wearing a cross lately. Perhaps it is to better re-fashion her image as a French/Corsican girl, backing away from her 2010 portrayal of Edie Sedgwick. Or maybe her friends have shown her my crazy Web pages!!!

(*) I unearthed some interesting coincidences while doing a genealogy study of Alizée. Since I first encountered her the same year the movie The DaVinci Code was released, I had some fun on the page linked hinting at a Corsican sequel! And as I acknowledge on the page, Alizée's long-time theater and dance teacher helped me improve the story a bit.

It is obvious that Alizée is Roman Catholic I think that Alizée is lot like me actually. She believes in The Catholic Church, and she believes in The Sacrements. But she does not attend church every Sunday. And nor does The Holy Spirit direct her there. She has a higher calling. To reach those who are otherwise unreachable. Like a fallen Catholic like me. That may be part of the reason Alizée seperated from Jeremy. Her faith did not recognize her marriage. I also am a fallen Catholc. However when The Holy Ghost tells me to pray for her I do.
    Last edited by robertrhein; 6th April 2013 at 07:26.

In The Name of The Father, The Holy Ghost, and The Son Jesus Christ Our Lourde
    http://youtu.be/pkXIYgsvO0c
    Last edited by robertrhein; 6th April 2013 at 07:49.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's an interesting interview from 2003 where Alizée reveals her beliefs about God, Astrology, Aliens, Spirits aswell as other things.

http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....-Fan-2-2003-08

Btw she didn't mention it in this interview but she has always believed that there's a lucky star watching over.. she's mentioned it on numerous occasions.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....-Fan-2-2003-08

It seems the link I posted above isn't working, so here's a translation of that interview that Cooney posted over at AAm.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3064

Quote Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
    That's the one Deep, thanks. She's somewhere around her 19th birthday for this, though I'm not sure which side of it

Ok, running loosely without my dictionary:

Do you believe in extraterrestrials?

Yes, but I don't thin they're like ET. I don't see them as having a head and arms, like we always see in the movies or in cartoons. They've gotta look like Barbapoppa (a cartoon alien shaped like a blob). I think they're probably friendly. As far as their language, they'd speak in ultrasonic tones, like dolphins or like the aliens in the film "Mars Attacks." I'd love to meet extraterrestrials, but up til now, I never have met the third kind.

Do you believe in spirits?

I believe in spirits. I did a séance with my friends a couple years ago. We set ourselves up in a room. A spirit manifested itself and communicated with us through a glass that it would move about like letters of the alphabet. We'd ask it questions. It's responses were sometimes completely incomprehensible! When the cleaning lady came in, she freaked out. She immediately figured out with were invoking spirits. After the seance, we broke the glass we were using in a cemetary. Unfortunately, it was a wedding present given to my friend's mother! That in and of itself is a story, as it was quite valuable!

You weren't afraid?

A little bit, but I was reassured because my friends were with me.

Do you believe the stories in Voici?

No. I don't believe them. A Voici journalist wrote that I was dating Oliver, my manager, which is false! I imagine that what they write about other stars is just as bad.

Do you believe in astrology?

I've come to. I read my horoscope, but I don't really think about it. It doesn't influence my daily activities, even if it turns out completely accurate.

Do you believe in God?

Yes, I think there's a higher power, but I don't practice a religion. I did my communion, I went to catechism, but I don't say my prayers each night!

Do you believe in yourself?

No. Above all I'd say I still lack confidence in myself. After I come off stage from recording a TV program, I'm never happy with my performance, even if my entourage tells me it was good. I don't like seeing myself on TV, but I make myself do so to learn from it.

Do you believe you soon find a lover?

Yes, I hope so, because I don't always have one!

Do you believe in the end of the world?

Yes and no. I prefer not to think about it, really.

Do you believe in the power of anti-wrinkle creams?

Yes. Those creams don't get rid of wrinkles, but they slow their appearance.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Yes. I don't know anything about my past lives, but I'd like to be reincarnated as a boy. I don't know why, but sometimes, I react like a guy.

Do you believe in a comeback for WhatFor?

Of course! We promise success and marvels to all reality-television participants, and many are disappointed. To be successful on TV isn't always a gauge of success. That said, I hope for their sake that they will succeed upon their return to the stage.

Do you believe in love at first site?

Yes, it happened to me a couple years ago at school. I'd crossed paths with a boy I really liked, but I never dared approach him. He also took note of me, it seems. One day, we ran into each other by chance, and swear, something just happened between us. Therefore, I believe in love at first site!

Do you believe in hypnosis?

No, not at all. I may try it out of curiosity, but right now, I don't believe in it.

Do you believe the proverb "money can't buy happiness?"

That depends, because with money, one can make many people happy. Even if one is in good health and your friends love you, life can be difficult without money. Because of that, it's hard to say money can't buy happiness. It does, a little bit!

Do you believe you are loved for who you are, or because you are famous?

Both. I found out for myself very fast that it's not always the same around others since I became famous, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Do you believe that Lorie and Billy Crawford will be married by the end of the year?

Within the year? They don't have much time left. No, I don't think so, maybe next year! Yes, I hope they'll get married in 2004. I wish it for them, in any case!

Do you believe Star Academy Season 3 will be a success?

Yes, why? I'll happily go sing upon their stage, but I don't see myself going there.

Blog Entries

Thank you :3

Thanks for posting it here.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Yes she is religious.