Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Massive Anti-Gay Marriage Protests in Paris. Your opinion

Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar

Default Massive Anti-Gay Marriage Protests in Paris. Your opinion

Here's what's happening in France...
    What do you guys think about same sex marriage?

There is a surprise in the video

edit: * forgot "protests" in the title
    Last edited by lapinschous; 5th April 2013 at 22:05.
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

I don't like those subjects but I'm still anti.
    veni, vedi, vici!

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

if people love each other why shouldn't they marry? What does it matter if it's a same-sex marriage or not?
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    I don't like those subjects but I'm still anti.
    And why exactly are you anti?

I personally don't really care to be honest, if two people love each other and want to be together and if for some personal reason they want to be married... it's none of my bussines, so why should it bother me.

As long as it doesn't affect me personally, I don't really care about what other people do very much, so why should I be against something that doesn't affect me in any way.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

. . . they can at least have civil unions, but that's not what concerns me at all. People need to realize that they have the same feelings heterosexuals do . . they laugh, cry, get angry and fall in love. The main concern for me is that there are more and more homosexuals every year, and it is growing larger. Now think about it . . what is going on with the human chromosomes/DNA to cause so much mutation!? That should be a concern for all,and we have to stop thinking in terms of whether or not they can marry, but more so whether or not homosexuality is something that can be genetically fixed. You see that many homosexual men feel and act like women ( how they act, talk and their feminine persona) . .. biology and the study of chromosomes and dna tells us that there is something off here. This is not about judging, it is simply about figuring out why. At least 55% of people surveyed in the U.S. say they either know of a gay person close to them (ie.friend, etc) or they have a gay/lesbian in the family. 10 years or so ago I think they said it was 45% (not sure). It's just something that worries me for the right reasons and not the wrong ones that have to do with judging and marriage, and mistreatment, etc. I'm thinking outside the box. . . They are normal people that deserve to love and unify with whomever they want to. . . but what is happening is not normal when you look at biology dna and chromosomes, etc . . science. It's just something odd.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Orion, in this political correctness age, there is no way anyone could dare to talk about curing homosexuality. Personally, i could not care any less what 2 human beings do in their bedroom. I see nothing wrong if 2 dudes decide to marry. The only thing i am against is the right to adopt children.
    You're my heart, you're my soul
    I'll keep it shining everywhere I go
    I'll be holding you forever
    Stay with you together

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

@ Orion

perhaps it's simply because with every decade the world gets a little bit liberal? I doubt it has something to do with biology more than with the fact that people are still worried how others will react for example when they tell their family about their sexual orientation. Or their best friends. Today it's different from 10 years ago and even more from 60 years ago. Today more people come out of the closet because society changes. But it still is a biggish deal today.
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Alizée Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    . . . they can at least have civil unions, but that's not what concerns me at all. People need to realize that they have the same feelings heterosexuals do . . they laugh, cry, get angry and fall in love. The main concern for me is that there are more and more homosexuals every year, and it is growing larger. Now think about it . . what is going on with the human chromosomes/DNA to cause so much mutation!? That should be a concern for all,and we have to stop thinking in terms of whether or not they can marry, but more so whether or not homosexuality is something that can be genetically fixed. You see that many homosexual men feel and act like women ( how they act, talk and their feminine persona) . .. biology and the study of chromosomes and dna tells us that there is something off here. This is not about judging, it is simply about figuring out why. At least 55% of people surveyed in the U.S. say they either know of a gay person close to them (ie.friend, etc) or they have a gay/lesbian in the family. 10 years or so ago I think they said it was 45% (not sure). It's just something that worries me for the right reasons and not the wrong ones that have to do with judging and marriage, and mistreatment, etc. I'm thinking outside the box. . . They are normal people that deserve to love and unify with whomever they want to. . . but what is happening is not normal when you look at biology dna and chromosomes, etc . . science. It's just something odd.
    It has nothing to do with chromosomes, I think. I highly doubt that the number of gay people changed in the past few decades, and I think it's more realistic to state that people now have the courage to come out of the closet, as it's becoming socially acceptable. Media exposure contributes to the idea of more people turning gay, because you hear about gay rights or something related at least once a week.

I do hate the flamboyant / extravagant homosexual, because (s)he's basically shoving his/her, with all due respect, "gayness" down your throat. Take the gay pride for example. They want to be respected / treated equally, but they try to achieve this goal by dancing around naked and act like a sissy (can't really find a proper word). They're actually losing respect from me... Now, it's not wrong to fight for your rights, but when I see this shit going on I get mad, and when I get mad it affects me personally (that's a bad thing!).

But (and that's a very big but), there are enough gay people who act just like a "normal" heterosexual. They don't act "gay", have a cool personality, don't wear any extravagant clothing etcetera. If such a person were to stand up for his gay rights with proper arguments / discussion instead of dancing aroud naked on television, I'd support him to the fullest.

Conclusion: People always tend to group the negative side of a group together with the positive side, and emphasize the "bad" side (alizée and her lolita image, anyone?). But remember, the bad people (the extravagant gay people in this case) only represent a small part of the actual group. Consider the following: someone who's close to you might be gay, but doesn't tell anyone, because there are people who are openly homophobic.
    Last edited by swagboy; 6th April 2013 at 00:29.

Personally I see things right just between 'man-girl', I don't judge their feelings, their emotions etc, but I don't think that is normal to be gay. Why? Because you can't procreate is one and the main of the reasons. Second one is because no religion accepts that (I'm not a very religious guy) but as life is, we all have a religion(if we want it or not) and a belief in something and no religion says that is normal to be so, and so on.....It's difficult to express such an difficult subject. I don't have anything with them, but I repeat I don't encourage gay relations. Don't judge me, it's just what I think and that's all.
    veni, vedi, vici!

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Well guys, whether or not we are in a more liberal society or not (we are!) is of no consequence, as it is still an explosion of homosexuality out there. Also, yes there are very flamboyant homosexuals and also those that you would not know if they don't tell you they are gay. . . . it is all meaningless to me. The fact is that there are more and more gays coming out . . and believe me IT IS due to the DNA/chromosomes. Have people forgotten what it means to be labeled a man, or a woman!? A man is supposed to be a man, and a woman is supposed to me a woman . . . our sexual organs are the basic foundation of this. What do I mean by "supposed!?" Well study the chemistry that goes on when 2 people fall in love! What happens to a man and what to a woman, chemically and physically? Many things define and accent that combined and connected foundation that supports life, and is responsible for normalcy in that regard. A deciation from that, does not create a new norm.

Life is a delicate balance, just like our brains . . . Do any of you guys know about the "Ice Man!?" No, not the Neanderthal haha, I mean the serial killer that worked for the mob. This person could kill anything and anybody and NOt have ANy feelings of sorrow at all . . . none! Whether innocent or a bad person, if he wanted to kill you, he would and he would not feel any remorse . . ever! The doctors studied his DNA and brain chemistry and they found that he lacked a certain chemical in the brain that regulated feelings of remorse and compassion! It was a mutation that he got handed down from his father. It is all about biology and science. The brain is a delicate balance, and how you act and how you feel is dire3ctly related to your chemistry and dna. It is the exact same thing with homosexuality . .but why is that so much more prevalent. It is worrying and should be a cause for concern. If you are going to be gay, that info is ALREADY contained in your dna! That should make you wonder deeper about the argument we are having and what biologists and geneticists can do to shed more light on how to prevent a man from not even wanting to look at a beautiful woman, and instead fall for a another man not even remotely handsome, even! This is another point that seems basic, but it makes you wonder of just how incorrect it is to suggest that it is simply a choice! If it were a choice, I would be very harsh arguing for not allowing them to marry, etc. But I am not harsh, because I understand biology and the intricacies of DNA, and chemistry.

(note to those new to this thread discussion: please read all my posts before you argue. . . it's just easier that way, and avoids confusion and misunderstanding. DO the same when arguing and discussing with others)
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

well, religion is also against women rights. Back in the day it was against science. Religion is a reflection of society and it changes together with society.
    I'll keep it shining everywhere I go
    I'll be holding you forever
    Stay with you together

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by th1 View Post
    well, religion is also against women rights. Back in the day it was against science. Religion is a reflection of society and it changes together with society.
    . . . who argued/mentioned anything about religion

Ask the thousands of nuns serving the poor people of this world, if they feel mistreated or if they are just worried about doing their jobs. Is it because of the church's views on sex!? Look around you today in this world and tell me what you see on tv and in the clubs and on the streets! Shall we go further!? Imagine a world where the majority of men AND women in this world did not have sex with 20 people before they got married! Can a woman go to work? Yes! Can a woman choose to stay home and raise her kids, if she does not need to work? yes! Can a man stay home and let the woman go to work? Yes!

When they were about to stone Mary Magdalen, Jesus told them, " he among you without sin, let him cast the first stone." haha Jesus DID NOT pick up a stone in the male dominated age he lived in and stone the whore, did he!! It is a universal law, whether or not you are atheist or religious. Man may do with religion what we wnts to, but he cannot do with Jesus what he wants to.

Back in the day, it was not so much against science as it was against preventing the world from not being the center of the universe, in terms of how we related to God It was a medieval belief. If you look at the Bible, it mentions the earth as being round, even before Columbus sailed and everyone was telling him that it was flat and that he would fall off the edge of the earth . . that the earth was only so many leagues of travel before you reached a void. The Bible is even the first to mention that the universe was void . . that there was nothing, and that as god always was, so to now the universe always was. The Vatican, today, has a observatory and MANY scientist and astronomer priests that study the universe. From many mistakes, comes the recognition of them and you then use the new knowledge to understand more the scripture . . .because after the scientific revolution made possible the questions that were inevitably asked, god and man became closer . It's true! Today, science is being used to understand certain passages in the Bible, and one of them being the idea that God always was . . . nobody there to create god, just like cosmologists/physicists suggest that the universe always was: Big Bang v. No big bang v. big bang due to colliding universes.

At least with science today, we can also understand more about why people become gay, and we do not have to be in the dark ages, waiting for another scientific revolution and the age of reason