Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alizée-Forum and AlizeeAmerica

Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar

Default Alizée-Forum and AlizeeAmerica

Is it just me or there really a decrease of activity of this forum over the years ? While Alizee America seems to have overtaken this forum even though it has fewer members, fewer posts, but a steady daily activity , with more active users. I'm kinda new here so I'd like to read the impressions of the Senior members that can compare the activity between now and then ... but It looks like AF is slowing down its pace while Aam stays relatively constant . What does it say about Alizée popularity abroad? Is she being progressively forgotten outside france (mexico put aside)?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7331
    Last edited by lapinschous; 22nd February 2013 at 23:36.
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

Blog Entries

I don't think so.
    Yes, AAm has more active users, but I prefer AF.
    I think Alizée has more fans outside France, than in France.
    French people don't really care about her since she left Saint Mylene Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat.

I'd say AF is the main source of news for a lot of people, even for AAm, here the discussions are more factual and people usually stay a lot more on topic than on AAm. On AAm there is a lot more of "free talking" people go off topic and there is also a lot more other general discussions, which I think is because there the majority of members is from USA, so they can talk together about "their" things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd say AF is the main source of news for a lot of people, even for AAm, here the discussions are more factual and people usually stay a lot more on topic than on AAm. On AAm there is a lot more of "free talking" people go off topic and there is also a lot more other general discussions, which I think is because there the majority of members is from USA, so they can talk together about "their" things.
    I'm with you.
    I prefer this AF just because I'm not very interested to read posts like AAm is full of.
    I don't sign anything anymore.

Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar

I agree with both Jordy and spanishfan (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7331), AF has become a news-only sharing forum, which makes it strenght and weakness at the same time
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

oh I love leftys very kind and diplomatic post at AAm about this...

Well... when I joined AF in 2008 some people already were complaining a tiny bit that a lot of "old" members aren't here anymore but this was nothing against now... a lot of people left during Alizée's silence between Psychédélices and UEDS I think and now it's even worse but we also "lost" several members to AAm...

I don't really know why... probably because of some arguments caused by a few members... or simply because people don't really post anymore because it's so silent here... which sucks because it does only make it worse... it's a vicious circle... I mean sometimes even I am like "why am I doing all this anyway" because it's pretty dead in the German forum... sometimes it is really frustrating... I can understand of people say "why going here when I could have a lot more conversations at AAm?"

Personally I prefer AF over AAm because of several reasons...

I've been here nearly 5 years now and even if a lot of people are gone I made really good friends here and it's like a family to me. AAm is more... ok I'm currently torn between being brutally honest and being too polite to say anything... let's say sometimes they have a bit too less supervision in AAm, like Jordy said, sometimes you read a conversation and 3 posts later it's something totally different and you look at it and simply don't understand where this suddenly all came from.... and sometimes you just read a topic and feel like "ok.... you can over-analyse things"... and sometimes they (well some of them) are a bit too "crazy" for me, I'm sure they are all lovely people but let's say... AF is to me like this bunch of friends you know and even if you don't talk for ages - when you do it after months again it feels like there never has passed by more time than a couple of days... AAm is more like when you go to a party and have a more or less nice time and when the night is over you are just glad when you go back home... because you don't feel completely comfortable and you don't fit in because people know each other there so much longer and have their inside jokes and you just sometimes feel a bit out of place and stuff... but this is me. I'm not good in partying and I've been too long here at AF in my daily routine to get the hang of AAm.

So AF might be a little dead but as long as someone is still here I will be here too

ok was I too honest? I hope if the guys from AAm read this they won't kill me.
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

I hope if the guys from AAm read this they won't kill me

But then get in trouble with me

Möge Alizee mit auch sein !!!

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AlizeeFee View Post
    But then get in trouble with me
    and that's a great example why I love AF. Great people who would protect mummy's little girl from harm

ok but seriously I'm re-reading my post and it sounds that I didn't like AAm at all but that's NOT true....

What I love about AAm is their enthusiasm... sometimes I feel that we kinda lost this enthusiasm here a bit..
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

You made great post Jenny, it's 100% accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    and that's a great example why I love AF. Great people who would protect mummy's little girl from harm
    And this... is actually true

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Well, AF has been here since 2003. . . we have the most epic members here. We also have the best mods and admins. And this site will always carry with it the EPICNESS of the En Concert era when Riccardo, et al owned the moment. This site is epic. . . it is not French or English . . it is International . . it has gotten attention from people in Lili's camp and herself. This site has been the core of a bygone era. It is a site with much attention and at times in the past, with much attacks from outside and within. We have seen it all, and have done it all as a community. Yes we might be a bit slow now, (not really) but that is not OUR fault . . it is more a fault of being such a large international site, with members from south Africa all the way to Russia and Canada to new Zealand . . . so in slow times, we have the MOST to lose due to that! Think about THAT, my friends!

One last thing to keep in mind, then: make no assumptions . . . we are not "vs." anybody, simply, and partly, because nobody would be crazy enough to be "vs." us. There are some things in this world you just can't replace when gone, and feel content, without thinking back again at what is missing suddenly. That is why I fought so hard last time to save the forum from troublemakers that wanted to bring us down, I took a lot of heat because I knew what was happening while 99.9% of the rest had no idea. Some people turned their backs on this site after having been accommodated and treated with utter respect. If I did not love this site and the community so much, I would've given up a long time ago. But I am still here. . . and I am glad some others from the bygone era of 2003-04,05 are still here with me to usher in the new faces!