Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Alizée-Forum and AlizeeAmerica

  1. #1
    Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th Jan 2013
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Alizée-Forum and AlizeeAmerica

    Is it just me or there really a decrease of activity of this forum over the years ? While Alizee America seems to have overtaken this forum even though it has fewer members, fewer posts, but a steady daily activity , with more active users. I'm kinda new here so I'd like to read the impressions of the Senior members that can compare the activity between now and then ... but It looks like AF is slowing down its pace while Aam stays relatively constant . What does it say about Alizée popularity abroad? Is she being progressively forgotten outside france (mexico put aside)?

    http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7331
    Last edited by lapinschous; 22nd February 2013 at 23:36.
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

  2. #2
    Jeune fille Melle Katherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th Dec 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I don't think so.
    Yes, AAm has more active users, but I prefer AF.
    I think Alizée has more fans outside France, than in France.
    French people don't really care about her since she left Saint Mylene Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat.

  3. #3
    La Force du Lion Jordy's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Feb 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,138
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    I'd say AF is the main source of news for a lot of people, even for AAm, here the discussions are more factual and people usually stay a lot more on topic than on AAm. On AAm there is a lot more of "free talking" people go off topic and there is also a lot more other general discussions, which I think is because there the majority of members is from USA, so they can talk together about "their" things.

  4. #4
    She´s my life.. Finnishguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th Mar 2011
    Location
    Around the world
    Posts
    399
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd say AF is the main source of news for a lot of people, even for AAm, here the discussions are more factual and people usually stay a lot more on topic than on AAm. On AAm there is a lot more of "free talking" people go off topic and there is also a lot more other general discussions, which I think is because there the majority of members is from USA, so they can talk together about "their" things.
    I'm with you.
    I prefer this AF just because I'm not very interested to read posts like AAm is full of.
    I don't sign anything anymore.

  5. #5
    Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th Jan 2013
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I agree with both Jordy and spanishfan (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7331), AF has become a news-only sharing forum, which makes it strenght and weakness at the same time
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

  6. #6
    Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator
    Jenny_HRO87's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,725
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    oh I love leftys very kind and diplomatic post at AAm about this...


    Well... when I joined AF in 2008 some people already were complaining a tiny bit that a lot of "old" members aren't here anymore but this was nothing against now... a lot of people left during Alizée's silence between Psychédélices and UEDS I think and now it's even worse but we also "lost" several members to AAm...

    I don't really know why... probably because of some arguments caused by a few members... or simply because people don't really post anymore because it's so silent here... which sucks because it does only make it worse... it's a vicious circle... I mean sometimes even I am like "why am I doing all this anyway" because it's pretty dead in the German forum... sometimes it is really frustrating... I can understand of people say "why going here when I could have a lot more conversations at AAm?"

    Personally I prefer AF over AAm because of several reasons...

    I've been here nearly 5 years now and even if a lot of people are gone I made really good friends here and it's like a family to me. AAm is more... ok I'm currently torn between being brutally honest and being too polite to say anything... let's say sometimes they have a bit too less supervision in AAm, like Jordy said, sometimes you read a conversation and 3 posts later it's something totally different and you look at it and simply don't understand where this suddenly all came from.... and sometimes you just read a topic and feel like "ok.... you can over-analyse things"... and sometimes they (well some of them) are a bit too "crazy" for me, I'm sure they are all lovely people but let's say... AF is to me like this bunch of friends you know and even if you don't talk for ages - when you do it after months again it feels like there never has passed by more time than a couple of days... AAm is more like when you go to a party and have a more or less nice time and when the night is over you are just glad when you go back home... because you don't feel completely comfortable and you don't fit in because people know each other there so much longer and have their inside jokes and you just sometimes feel a bit out of place and stuff... but this is me. I'm not good in partying and I've been too long here at AF in my daily routine to get the hang of AAm.

    So AF might be a little dead but as long as someone is still here I will be here too

    ok was I too honest? I hope if the guys from AAm read this they won't kill me.
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

  7. #7
    Alizee-Forever AlizeeFee's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th Feb 2009
    Location
    Bottrop /NRW
    Age
    50
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I hope if the guys from AAm read this they won't kill me

    But then get in trouble with me

    Möge Alizee mit auch sein !!!


  8. #8
    Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator
    Jenny_HRO87's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,725
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlizeeFee View Post
    But then get in trouble with me
    and that's a great example why I love AF. Great people who would protect mummy's little girl from harm

    ok but seriously I'm re-reading my post and it sounds that I didn't like AAm at all but that's NOT true....

    What I love about AAm is their enthusiasm... sometimes I feel that we kinda lost this enthusiasm here a bit..
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

  9. #9
    La Force du Lion Jordy's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Feb 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,138
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    You made great post Jenny, it's 100% accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    and that's a great example why I love AF. Great people who would protect mummy's little girl from harm
    And this... is actually true

  10. #10
    ? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th Sep 2003
    Location
    L'assemblea delle stelle
    Age
    44
    Posts
    13,897
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Well, AF has been here since 2003. . . we have the most epic members here. We also have the best mods and admins. And this site will always carry with it the EPICNESS of the En Concert era when Riccardo, et al owned the moment. This site is epic. . . it is not French or English . . it is International . . it has gotten attention from people in Lili's camp and herself. This site has been the core of a bygone era. It is a site with much attention and at times in the past, with much attacks from outside and within. We have seen it all, and have done it all as a community. Yes we might be a bit slow now, (not really) but that is not OUR fault . . it is more a fault of being such a large international site, with members from south Africa all the way to Russia and Canada to new Zealand . . . so in slow times, we have the MOST to lose due to that! Think about THAT, my friends!

    One last thing to keep in mind, then: make no assumptions . . . we are not "vs." anybody, simply, and partly, because nobody would be crazy enough to be "vs." us. There are some things in this world you just can't replace when gone, and feel content, without thinking back again at what is missing suddenly. That is why I fought so hard last time to save the forum from troublemakers that wanted to bring us down, I took a lot of heat because I knew what was happening while 99.9% of the rest had no idea. Some people turned their backs on this site after having been accommodated and treated with utter respect. If I did not love this site and the community so much, I would've given up a long time ago. But I am still here. . . and I am glad some others from the bygone era of 2003-04,05 are still here with me to usher in the new faces!
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

    NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

  11. #11
    Alizée Interested ALS's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Jenny each board has their own separate personalities. You started over here so this board is where you are comfortable. I started over on AAM so that board is like my home board. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses. Boards go through changes through out their existence the challenge is to struggle on through the slow times. AAM use to have lots and lots of active members and like this board it has also seen a drop in daily posters. It isn't like there is anything we can do, the fan boards activity revolves around Alizée. When she is on top of the world we gain members and posters when she goes into hibernation we lose active posters. So sometimes you have to get creative to get people talking and keep their interest in the board. Which in some cases like in the last week or so it does get me in trouble over on AAM with a few select members or should I say one in particular. But hey if they're irritated with me at least they're leaving everyone else alone.

  12. #12
    Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th Jan 2013
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    The best thing to do would be to fuse the two boards into one... Splitting fans is never a good idea. If we put together what makes Aam , AF, and why not Alizée France fan magnets for the whole Zée-community then we would end up with better sharing , more fun, more fan interaction and so on... :/
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

  13. #13
    La Force du Lion Jordy's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Feb 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,138
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Impossible, there is too many different people with too many different opinions it would be just endless arguing. In past, few people from AAm had some serious issues with few people from AF... then some of them were banned, some of them went back to AAm, sometimes people from one forum go to the other one because they have some disagreements... People will never get along well not with everyone, there will be always difference of opinions, that's why for example EU could never work the same way as USA, too many different nations and people, and that's the same reason why you can't fuse these two forums into one. It would become one big mess.

    Be glad there are two forums, so when someone pisses you off on one forum you can go to denigrate him to the other one

  14. #14
    Lililess RMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th Jul 2005
    Location
    Closer than you can imagine...
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,830
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    aam is full of idiots and americans. that alone is good enough reason to stay away from there.

  15. #15
    Alizée Interested
    Join Date
    28th Feb 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    aam is full of idiots and americans. that alone is good enough reason to stay away from there.
    edited


    Aaand that is one of the reasons this place is emptying that fast...
    Last edited by Spanishfan; 23rd February 2013 at 15:46.

  16. #16
    Lililess RMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th Jul 2005
    Location
    Closer than you can imagine...
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,830
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    you mean all the idiots are leaving ? well, that's a plus.

  17. #17
    Alizée Interested ALS's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    aam is full of idiots and americans.
    Hey I resemble that remark.

  18. #18
    Alizée Fan Matevz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    To throw in my two cents, I say that like both forums. As you all already said, AF appears more serious, while AAm appears more open. I log into both forums from time to time, sometimes I prefer to post something on AF, sometimes on AAm, but the main stream of Alizée-related activity happens on Facebook anyway, thanks to RMJ, Jenny, Karin, Jordy, Katherine and others (sorry, I don't know who is behind all those numerous Lili-related sites on FB). Usually I check news on FB and only then I decide whether I want to check whats going on on AF and AAm.

  19. #19
    Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th Sep 2007
    Location
    middle of everywhere
    Posts
    1,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I'm a member of both AF and AA and both forums are great in my opinion.. both have great members and both provide me with invaluable Alizée news, discussions, etc. Nonetheless before I even joined these two epic forums dedicated to our angel I had been a member of MF International.. I joined that forum first dedicated to French music and Alizée back in 2003 but I've always been aware of AF and other forums dedicated to our girl. I've used different nicks in each forum I've been a part of and although I don't post much in anyone of them and not at all in MF anymore, I still frequent AF and AA all the time. Well it's funny because in the old days I was there to defend Alizée from bad comments on MF but I learnt to brush them under the rug and I guess whether good or bad I'll always part of it.

    There were some good members over at MF though.. but this forum and AA are the place for me right now because I always enjoy reading the posts of other Alizée comrades who truly love her.

  20. #20
    Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator
    Jenny_HRO87's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,725
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Impossible, there is too many different people with too many different opinions it would be just endless arguing. In past, few people from AAm had some serious issues with few people from AF... then some of them were banned, some of them went back to AAm, sometimes people from one forum go to the other one because they have some disagreements... People will never get along well not with everyone, there will be always difference of opinions, that's why for example EU could never work the same way as USA, too many different nations and people, and that's the same reason why you can't fuse these two forums into one. It would become one big mess.

    Be glad there are two forums, so when someone pisses you off on one forum you can go to denigrate him to the other one
    perfectly said!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And this... is actually true
    thanks Jordy
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •