Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military aircrafts

Nice video! Thank you for sharing! Look what I found in one of my aircraft magazines yesterday, a photo from 1993 with title "Meeting of the Generations" Czech Mig 21, 29 and French Mirage 2000...

I want to visit France as soon as possible, perhaps when I finish school, probably I will take some French lessons after finishing school because learning to school and learing French at the same time isn't easy for me. "Mon francais n'est pas tres bien" I'm not even sure if it is right... I will be happy when my French will be at least so good as my English, French and Slovak langage have lot of common things, tu and vous for example... also we use "chauffeur" as slang for driver and lot of other things. I will finish school in 2014, so let's say that I will maybe get there in 2015 or 2016. I hope that we will meet one day, we have a lot of things to talk about

Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn lapinschous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacTavish View Post
    Look what I found in one of my aircraft magazines yesterday, a photo from 1993 with title "Meeting of the Generations" Czech Mig 21, 29 and French Mirage 2000...
    Woah! I love it!! Never seen a Mig 21 and a Mirage in formation flight before!

I want to visit France as soon as possible, perhaps when I finish school, probably I will take some French lessons after finishing school because learning to school and learing French at the same time isn't easy for me. "Mon francais n'est pas tres bien" I'm not even sure if it is right...

I hope that we will meet one day, we have a lot of things to talk about
    Don't worry if you need to visit France i'll be your guide my friend! I can help you whenever you want I know french is not easy to learn . (You got it almost perfectly ^^ : "Mon français n'est pas très bon" or Mon français n'est pas très correct" )

I really hope we'll meet soon too ! But i'm currently in Romania for the exchange program of my university and i've got a lot of Czech friends in Prague that i often see, I could perfectly make a little trip to slovakia afterwards this summer
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

So today I found more aircraft magazines with lot of great pictures. Finally I have a bigger picture of Rafale as you can see, and lot of other... so I hanged them on my door

So today I found more aircraft magazines with lot of great pictures. Finally I have a bigger picture of Rafale as you can see, and lot of other... so I hanged them on my door
    Woah!! Gotta love the mig-29 on the bottom right! Looks so powerful as always! ^^ What's the name of the magazine ?
    "Les baisers d'Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises..." and her smile is made of pure beauty, magic and faith in humanity...
    SUBSCRIBE

Most pictures are from "LK" magazine. (LK-Letectví a kozmonautika "Aviation and cosmonautics". The "HPM" stands for "History of plastic models"... there is lot of interesting pictures in these magazines, they belong to my father, he have a lot of more, and they are mostly from late 80s and 90s, my father also have few French magazines about plastic models, and I also have one magazine full of Mirage 2000 pics, all details, well my father collected really great stuff in the years, he works as plastic model "designer" ... he is making plastic model from nothing... now he is working on airfields equipment from fire extinguishers to aircraft tractors, here is examle of his work: this is Czechoslovakian self-propelled anti-aircraft gun from 50s... he started with nothing and look what he made ... it was produced in small numbers by him, I think that now some Czech company is still making it, but Im not sure. If you will tap "IR hobby" into google you will find father's work... "IR- Ivan Repček" "Repček" is my surname. He still have one builded at home, alongside with lot of other models

Some people like to eat flowers, some like to listen to afterburners! :p

enjoy
    SUBSCRIBE

Thank you for sharing Do you have MORE some info and photos from current French operation in Mali?

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know much about milatry aircraft as in whats the the best of the best but I do remember having hours, upon hours of fun with "Desert Strike" on the Sega console back in the day and I've always thought the Stealth Bomber was awesome in design.

I find this Aurora thing quite interesting too.

Thank you for sharing Do you have MORE some info and photos from current French operation in Mali?

Haha you should have told me that you were interested in our new war in africa , a friend of mine made a video recently ^^

SUBSCRIBE

Perfect video! Thank you! Haha, terrorist are getting their ass kicked onece again Everything what these Al-Quaeda idiots can do is hide like rats in their holes... but when they come out... you need just few aircrafts and they start to crawl back. I hope that one day I will see all terrorist from Afghanistan, Mali, Chechenya and many other countries destroyed, there is no other option... just to kill them all! They should not try to mess with superpowers like France, UK, USA, Russia or India... because they will always lose. I will watch more videos from Mali.

I agree with you, if pacifying them does not work , neutralization will be the only option... :/

But there's not only france , i've heard that the Slovakian army is also fighting the taliban terrorist in Afghanistan, this is really good to see all european countries participating in the struggle to save our civilization !

Here is some more

And here a very good video of the french air force squadron on board our aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle ^^

SUBSCRIBE

Oh! And if you like the Rafale there's a good topic about it in this video (sorry it's in french :/) just jump to 4:10
    SUBSCRIBE

Imagine flying like this while listening to A contre-courant... It's good to see also a historic footage of F-8 Crusaders! Did you know that originally legendary F-4 Phantom was about to be used on French aircraft carriers but it was too big or something like that so they choosed F-8s, and these F-8 also was little bit changed from version that was used by US Navy to fit French carriers... (I read it on wikipedia).

I don't know the exact story but it think it was something like that. Actually if france chose to buy fighters from the US at the time it's because we needed new planes while we were waiting for our Etendard IV (the ancestor of the Super Etendard

And the successor to the super etendard...

Last edited by lapinschous; 17th January 2013 at 17:00.
    SUBSCRIBE

Slovak Su-25s used very cool paint scheme... That flames look awesome! I like Su-25 and Su-22 attack aircrafts... shame that we have sold them to Macedonia and Angola.
    Last edited by MacTavish; 20th January 2013 at 10:31.

Nice picture, the painting reminds me of the A-10 , I love Sukhoi aircraft in general

The French Mirage IV nuclear strategic bomber ... 2500 km/h !! too bad they decided to rely only on the Mirage 2000N for nuclear assault ... :/

Mirage 2000 with afterburners
    SUBSCRIBE

Alizée Interested Norweski zomowiec's Avatar

I join the topic

I know it's Military aircrafts, but wants to show ekranoplan "Caspian Sea Monster"

Maybe these are just a prototype but it's fascinating vehicles

maybe someone will find this of interest here for them, because it is a lot of interesting material about them, and more prototypes
    Last edited by Norweski zomowiec; 19th January 2013 at 19:19.

Great airplane!

No it's not a prototype it was really in service ! If you're interested on that topic, i recommend watching this documentary about ekranoplans and wing-inground effect in general
    SUBSCRIBE

Alizée Interested Norweski zomowiec's Avatar

I also have quite a lot of good quality pictures in all ekranoplans, where the Internet is very difficult to find if someone wanted

I like videos like this, with footage from testing and so on... do you have some similar videos of Mirages or other French aircrafts? with footage of testing AGM, bombs... ?