Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: My slideshow "Society kills (the consequences of social isolation)"

Default My slideshow "Society kills (the consequences of social isolation)"

Hy to alll!

In the last days I haven't been much active, sorry.
    Anyway, I uploaded this slideshow to youtube, if you want you can take a look at it. I used music from the Boutonnat's film Giorgino (17th soundtrack).

EDIT: video removed (4.7.2012)

Please tell me what you think. Criticize me.
    Thanks.

EDIT: I am not planning to sleep tonight anyway
    Last edited by Matevz91; 4th July 2012 at 19:52. Reason: removed video
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

No one???

In GOLD We Trust -Babylon Roland-zee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
    No one???
    + previously,first 1 - it´s very depressive,a lot morbid, way too a bit, man (smthng like news from "a black cronique"(?) :S :/(
    Resistance is sooooo futile.. :-)

Don`t ever change, don`t ever leave us, never stop smiling...
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9...nimated7sx.gif
    my graphic(artwork) : http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4...0033kopi31.jpg

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

People that find themselves lonely and feel out of place . . unwelcome, etc. . . . . as depression kicks in from months and years of certain bouts of not fitting in, that sadness that follows becomes like a drug that fuels such internal flames. . . hat give way to certain desires to do away with others and finally ones self. It's a big trap! These vulnerable people need a mentor and a way to get out of that loop. . . Sometimes, to be isolated from society is good . . it means that you have something to offer that they cannot afford. . . . . it is at such times when instead of feeling left out, you must understand that you are in a battle for your own sanity and life . . . but it is much more subtle at first: you just need to change your mentality, and contemplate the truth of your own life v. that of those seemingly blind the the true power of human nature. . . you are truth staring at false things, and your mind thinks it is looking into a mirror. That is when you have to "break" it. There is nothing bad in this world as long as you remain true to yourself. . . you become your own hero, and a beacon. You try to help someone that is in your same situation . . and you will understand. That is the power of character. Be weary of the mind . . your thoughts. They WILL deceive you. STOP thinking. STOP listening to your thoughts. Speak up.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan CarlosInOZ's Avatar

the people who press play on that video probably pressed play on those videos of Afghans cutting
    Russian Soldiers heads off when they were the fashion or Italy Soccer fans xD

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Well when a member posts something about "social isolation" . .. a video he made, then I watch it to make sure no one is becoming a slave to society, or isn't crying out for some help. That's just MY nature. I guess I care too much.

What you call joke, I call irresponsible . . . and shows a weakness in your character. You're still a good kid, but often a bit immature and maybe a bot weak minded? . . . never you mind about horror you see in youtube videos, etc, there is enough for some of you guys to worry about in your own lives. Some people deal with death in their own lives, I know I have, so we each have to realize where we stand in this world, how we got to this point in our lives, and what to expect . . and what to do about it. . . JUST LIKE that soldier you happen to mention, Carlos. I am sure he wasn't expecting a warm welcome, due to his own actions in invading another land. The real probelm lies when someone does not do any bad towards people and such a person finds danger and resentment and sadness and isolation at every pint in society . . . some conjured up in the mind, and the rest thanks to the idiots in society that go "hee haw" with not a care in the world as long as they have fun and MAINLY find acknowledgement and acceptance from people one would otherwise never even speak to . . . . . It's the same thing when one acts like TOTL member of society becasue he/she has acceptance in some wasted circle of social life, and yet alone they are as nothing as they think they are not when they are with a group. . . It's a sick and demented society at times, and it is getting out of control. THAT IS WHY, you have so many broken families, and teens having sex day in and day out and then expect to have a nice family life with children born out of a penis portal cesspool of filth that got used dozens and hundreds of times. . . . There is no love but a hollow concept in such circles. Thank God the world is not totally overrun. . . think of the future that waits in 50years, if nothing changes. Bring to the future a kid from the 50s, regular suburban kid, and pair him with another kid from the present (2012). . . just to see the mentality more than anything else, even though every generation has it's bad apples and kids with issues, etc . . . . Guys like YOU need to be stronger and lose that damn hate and mentality that comes by not being accepted by the type of social Darwinism you crave. If you have character, then it is YOU they should be craving to be like.
    Last edited by Orion; 3rd July 2012 at 02:08.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    People that find themselves lonely and feel out of place . . unwelcome, etc. . . . . as depression kicks in from months and years of certain bouts of not fitting in, that sadness that follows becomes like a drug that fuels such internal flames. . . hat give way to certain desires to do away with others and finally ones self. It's a big trap! These vulnerable people need a mentor and a way to get out of that loop. . . Sometimes, to be isolated from society is good . . it means that you have something to offer that they cannot afford. . . . . it is at such times when instead of feeling left out, you must understand that you are in a battle for your own sanity and life . . . but it is much more subtle at first: you just need to change your mentality, and contemplate the truth of your own life v. that of those seemingly blind the the true power of human nature. . . you are truth staring at false things, and your mind thinks it is looking into a mirror. That is when you have to "break" it. There is nothing bad in this world as long as you remain true to yourself. . . you become your own hero, and a beacon. You try to help someone that is in your same situation . . and you will understand. That is the power of character. Be weary of the mind . . your thoughts. They WILL deceive you. STOP thinking. STOP listening to your thoughts. Speak up.
    Your description is quite good. Well, to get to the point, I created this video:
    Because the stuff you Orion described is what I have experienced in my life and thus I created this rather amateur slideshow to show those, who feel the same way I do, that being who you are could actually be a gift and not just the way you look at it (as you Orion put it, "your mind thinks it is looking into a mirror"). I personally have been told numerous times that I simply am different, even though I don`t try to be different, instead, I tried "to fit in", but never quite suceeded, and at the end everybody turned against me (ignored me and I had no idea why they are doing it, ...) and then I turned against myself.
    With time I gradually came to the terms with my "speciality, differentness, ..." and gradually I am starting to see, where I can use my "difference from others", to do something good for others and perhaps humankind in general (I would love to do such a thing, more than anything else).

About this rather amateur slideshow, it is meant to be morbid and creepy and scarry, even though I did not include all of the pictures I wanted to (I left out the really-ugly-looking ones). At first it perhaps seems like a random slideshow, but if you watch closely you can see a story that creates two seperate ways - one leads to the suicide, other leads to doing something different altogether (symbolized by the moonwalk). I thus wanted to show people like me, that they have two choices - to either kill themselves (not necessary physicially, even spiritually would be enough) or to try and utilise their "special abilities" or "weak spots" to do something great.
    And yes, I had to use Laurent`s music, because it simply fits perfectly

----------------------------

Well when a member posts something about "social isolation" . .. a video he made, then I watch it to make sure no one is becoming a slave to society, or isn't crying out for some help. That's just MY nature. I guess I care too much.

What you call joke, I call irresponsible . . . and shows a weakness in your character. You're still a good kid, but often a bit immature and maybe a bot weak minded? . . . never you mind about horror you see in youtube videos, etc, there is enough for some of you guys to worry about in your own lives.
    Well, I cannot agree more. I personally hate horror movies and I don`t understand how anybody can enjoy in this. I`ve seen dead people (just like those in my slideshow), I`ve heard dozens of animals and their last screams before their death, ... and that hurts a lot. I hate it when people enjoy such stuff.

The real probelm lies when someone does not do any bad towards people and such a person finds danger and resentment and sadness and isolation at every pint in society . . . some conjured up in the mind, and the rest thanks to the idiots in society that go "hee haw" with not a care in the world as long as they have fun and MAINLY find acknowledgement and acceptance from people one would otherwise never even speak to . . . . . It's the same thing when one acts like TOTL member of society becasue he/she has acceptance in some wasted circle of social life, and yet alone they are as nothing as they think they are not when they are with a group. . . It's a sick and demented society at times, and it is getting out of control. THAT IS WHY, you have so many broken families, and teens having sex day in and day out and then expect to have a nice family life with children born out of a penis portal cesspool of filth that got used dozens and hundreds of times. . . . There is no love but a hollow concept in such circles. Thank God the world is not totally overrun. . . think of the future that waits in 50years, if nothing changes. Bring to the future a kid from the 50s, regular suburban kid, and pair him with another kid from the present (2012). . . just to see the mentality more than anything else, even though every generation has it's bad apples and kids with issues, etc . . . . Guys like YOU need to be stronger and lose that damn hate and mentality that comes by not being accepted by the type of social Darwinism you crave. If you have character, then it is YOU they should be craving to be like.
    Where can I put my signature? Oh here: _________________ I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosInOZ View Post
    Go Spain ^^
    Totally inappropriate. I hope that you have read what Orion wrote.
    Last edited by Matevz91; 4th July 2012 at 19:44.

Blog Entries

Well, I cannot agree more. I personally hate horror movies and I don`t understand how anybody can enjoy in this. I`ve seen dead people (just like those in my slideshow), I`ve heard dozens of animals and their last screams before their death, ... and that hurts a lot. I hate it when people enjoy such stuff.
    Horror movies are made to show people's real suffering? And they are not made to be entertaining and pleasure?

1. 50% of horror movies have nothing to do with dead people.
    2. I've heard probably thousands of animals last scream's and that they scream, it's the problem of killer. Do you really think that audience of horror movies would enjoy if they heard those screams in real life or see dead people in real life?

I love horror movies, even some of them are really like in real life. And still, I've seen a few dying people and their deaths.

Happily I can say that because I'm sane person, I have skill to separate entertainment and realism.
    I don't sign anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnishguy View Post
    Horror movies are made to show people's real suffering? And they are not made to be entertaining and pleasure?

1. 50% of horror movies have nothing to do with dead people.
    2. I've heard probably thousands of animals last scream's and that they scream, it's the problem of killer. Do you really think that audience of horror movies would enjoy if they heard those screams in real life or see dead people in real life?

I love horror movies, even some of them are really like in real life. And still, I've seen a few dying people and their deaths.

Happily I can say that because I'm sane person, I have skill to separate entertainment and realism.
    Entertainment and horror movies? Pleasure and horror movies?? Plain sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnishguy View Post
    "2. I've heard probably thousands of animals last scream's and that they scream, it's the problem of killer... And still, I've seen a few dying people and their deaths."
    Problem of killer, eh? And what if the killer enjoys what he is doing, or if he does not mind the way he is doing it? Its the problem of everyone. Regarding animals, I eat meat, I have helped numerous times when we butchered a pig, but I am against the old fashion methods such as knife into the throat (that is, long and painful death). I would rather have worse meat (worse taste) than a better tasting meat for the price of animal`s suffering.

Its the matter of principle. For me, seeing someone who suffers is a great emotional stress, even if he were my worst enemy. I hope that these deaths you witnessed have touched you also, if not, then we have nothing to talk about.

And btw for me, being sane means being myself (following from what Orion wrote). I too can recognise the difference between this so called entertainment (before I puke, if I ever again witness someone making the connection between entertainment and horror in media) and reality, but that does not mean that I am not enraged when I watch such stuff.
    For example, I remember a movie when someone raped a wife in front of her dying man and we (the viewers) watched the scene from their son`s perspective... it has haunted me ever since, both in bad and after some time also in good ways (that is even more important).

As for the skill, I personally think that the skill of using bad experiences from the past (even if they are virtual, such as media or dreams) and converting them into positive deeds, philosophy or propaganda (such as my amateur slideshow) is way better than the skill of distinguishing between entertainment and reality.

Btw, entertainment and reality converge together much faster than you might think. Not in deeds, but in mentality. Once again, see what Orion wrote.

Blog Entries

Entertainment and horror movies? Pleasure and horror movies?? Plain sick.

Problem of killer, eh? And what if the killer enjoys what he is doing, or if he does not mind the way he is doing it? Its the problem of everyone. Regarding animals, I eat meat, I have helped numerous times when we butchered a pig, but I am against the old fashion methods such as knife into the throat (that is, long and painful death). I would rather have worse meat (worse taste) than a better tasting meat for the price of animal`s suffering.
    It depends... I kill animals because I want to do it, it's way to get food. Ofc not the only way novadays but anyway. And hunter enjoys it always, even animals don't kill by the first trying always, like fishes. It have nothing to do with my mind. I don't feel sick by shooting bad shot to brown hare and to send dog to pick it.

And to make you understand, knife into the throat is quite fast death. Usually faster than to kill person by bad shoot, not to mention animals who escapes after it.

Its the matter of principle. For me, seeing someone who suffers is a great emotional stress, even if he were my worst enemy. I hope that these deaths you witnessed have touched you also, if not, then we have nothing to talk about.
    They touched me so much that I wasn't sure I wanna continue living. Still, everyone dies once, not worth to think about it through the life.
    But when I've seen my "enemies" suffering, I could enjoy it if it's somehow limited and the person has cause worse suffering for me. Sometimes I feel hard emotional stress because of that but I just think I have full rights to make those "enemies" to understand what they are made for other people.

And btw for me, being sane means being myself (following from what Orion wrote). I too can recognise the difference between this so called entertainment (before I puke, if I ever again witness someone making the connection between entertainment and horror in media) and reality, but that does not mean that I am not enraged when I watch such stuff.
    There's people who wanna see them as entertainment, then there's people who thinks it's pointless to make such stuff as "entertainment" since it's couldn't be used as it. I'm in the first part. For you it simply can't be entertainment if you are enraged when you watch it. Ofc it makes people usually think how bad this world is, but I bet it can be also good thing.

For example, I remember a movie when someone raped a wife in front of her dying man and we (the viewers) watched the scene from their son`s perspective... it has haunted me ever since, both in bad and after some time also in good ways (that is even more important).

As for the skill, I personally think that the skill of using bad experiences from the past (even if they are virtual, such as media or dreams) and converting them into positive deeds, philosophy or propaganda (such as my amateur slideshow) is way better than the skill of distinguishing between entertainment and reality.
    They are two different things that they have nothing to do with each others. Ofc. you can use bad experiences and convert them into positive deeds. But it's not easy if you don't see the difference between entertainment and reality. When you are watching some horror movie, do you think that there's really someone suffering? Just, leave those thoughts and try to find the entertainment in those movies.

I either don't like scenes where's rapes, children violence etc. but pure violence can be easily used as entertainment.

Btw, entertainment and reality converge together much faster than you might think. Not in deeds, but in mentality.
    I know it better than perfectly. I guess this is one of things you are trying to say in the slideshow. But in that thing you can again start to separate different people.

And after times they sadly converge also in deeds, I say sadly because it too many times is so.

Once again, see what Orion wrote.
    I see and understand it very well. He talks correctly but he's not God, the God is next after him.

I'm not sure if it's my bad english or some other thing but I have problems to tell opinions and true things sometimes in way that someone understand it.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't watch the video posted above because there's enough sick shit going on in the world and it pisses me off!!!

Edit:

There Are No Devils In Hell, They Are All Here. -- William Shakespeare
    Last edited by Ridingthewave; 4th July 2012 at 06:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    I didn't watch the video posted above because there's enough sick shit going on in the world and it pisses me off!!!
    Well, the video is about the sick shit that is happening to certain people and I understand why you wouldn`t want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    Edit:

There Are No Devils In Hell, They Are All Here. -- William Shakespeare
    Can`t agree more.

EDIT: The only real dissagreament between Finnishguy and me is whether horror can be entertaining. I am strictly opposed to the idea, while he is not.
    Last edited by Matevz91; 4th July 2012 at 12:36.

Blog Entries

The only real dissagreament between Finnishguy and me is whether horror can be entertaining. I am strictly opposed to the idea, while he is not.
    It's not idea.

The question isn't now that "Can horror be entertaining?" Because it is entertaining. I know there's people who don't like it but it's their problem. Some people likes it,some not. It's pointless to start to talks about it just because horror movies are entertainment, even you would kill people to turn it opportunity. If it's not entertainment, why does people watch horror movies and read horror books?

And, we're not talking about opinions here, just true things but for some people it's hard to understand it. Opinions have nothing to do in the thing that I'm saying..

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan CarlosInOZ's Avatar

What you call joke, I call irresponsible . . . and shows a weakness in your character. You're still a good kid, but often a bit immature and maybe a bot weak minded? . . . never you mind about horror you see in youtube videos, etc, there is enough for some of you guys to worry about in your own lives. Some people deal with death in their own lives, I know I have, so we each have to realize where we stand in this world, how we got to this point in our lives, and what to expect . . and what to do about it. . . JUST LIKE that soldier you happen to mention, Carlos. I am sure he wasn't expecting a warm welcome, due to his own actions in invading another land. The real probelm lies when someone does not do any bad towards people and such a person finds danger and resentment and sadness and isolation at every pint in society . . . some conjured up in the mind, and the rest thanks to the idiots in society that go "hee haw" with not a care in the world as long as they have fun and MAINLY find acknowledgement and acceptance from people one would otherwise never even speak to . . . . . It's the same thing when one acts like TOTL member of society becasue he/she has acceptance in some wasted circle of social life, and yet alone they are as nothing as they think they are not when they are with a group. . . It's a sick and demented society at times, and it is getting out of control. THAT IS WHY, you have so many broken families, and teens having sex day in and day out and then expect to have a nice family life with children born out of a penis portal cesspool of filth that got used dozens and hundreds of times. . . . There is no love but a hollow concept in such circles. Thank God the world is not totally overrun. . . think of the future that waits in 50years, if nothing changes. Bring to the future a kid from the 50s, regular suburban kid, and pair him with another kid from the present (2012). . . just to see the mentality more than anything else, even though every generation has it's bad apples and kids with issues, etc . . . . Guys like YOU need to be stronger and lose that damn hate and mentality that comes by not being accepted by the type of social Darwinism you crave. If you have character, then it is YOU they should be craving to be like.

Go Liverpool !

Last edited by CarlosInOZ; 5th May 2013 at 10:07.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Go Samurai Code.