Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101

Thread: The Power Of Alizée

  1. #41
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Your story is an amzing one as well Matev91. You heard Alizée perform Boutonnat's music to Mylenes lyrics at a very early impressionable age..... I trust it has left you a much better person at twenty than I was at that age. At that age I was a Heavy Metal Head bent on destruction with one goal in mind.....to stay high and listen to metal as loud as I could. And this is the biggest reason The Power of Alizée is a force to be reckoned with, you see I was a metal hound of hell in the streets of The Rock n Roll Birthplace, Cleveland Ohio.......and I did things that I should have not survived to talk about. And I was going to party and listen to metal till the day I died....and then BOOM out of left field I got smacked up side the head with a curve ball!!! If you or anyone else would have told me even 3 years ago that I was destined to fall over a French Pop Singer named Alizée Jacotey and that she was going to rearrange my attitude, personality and life and cure my depression I would have laughed you into utter derision....now the only person I can laugh at is me. I fell so hard over Alizée....I guess I was at a very vulnerable point in life and she pulled me through it.....Hell she is still pulling me through it. We are not exactly out of the woods in America yet you know. The amazing thing about Alizée in my life when the rubber hits the road is this.....she makes my great days even greater, she makes my bright days even brighter, she makes my good days even better, she makes my so so days worth while,,,she makes my dark days brighter, she makes my rainy days shine like the sun, the most AMAZING thing about Alizée in my life is that Every Day Is Like Christmas Day Since I Found Alizée. And I have befriended Jo Jacotey, He takes a lot of photos of scenery of Corsica and Ajjacio in The Meditteranean......a lot like paradise, La Isla Bonita, and reminds me of here in Florida, beaches, palm trees, sand, sea, waves, ocean.........The sea is a special place to me too. Anyway I can say this much, Alizée Jacotey coming into my life when she did probably saved my life. And I will always owe to her the biggest debt of love that can never be repaid. So I will continue to promote her in my own silly little ways. If I can get her only one more fan then it was ALL worth my time.
    Last edited by robertrhein; 26th June 2012 at 09:09.

  2. #42
    Alizée Fan Matevz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
    Your story is an amzing one as well Matev91. You heard Alizée perform Boutonnat's music to Mylenes lyrics at a very early impressionable age..... I trust it has left you a much better person at twenty than I was at that age. At that age I was a Heavy Metal Head bent on destruction with one goal in mind.....to stay high and listen to metal as loud as I could. And this is the biggest reason The Power of Alizée is a force to be reckoned with, you see I was a metal hound of hell in the streets of The Rock n Roll Birthplace, Cleveland Ohio.......and I did things that I should have not survived to talk about. And I was going to party and listen to metal till the day I died....and then BOOM out of left field I got smacked up side the head with a curve ball!!! If you or anyone else would have told me even 3 years ago that I was destined to fall over a French Pop Singer named Alizée Jacotey and that she was going to rearrange my attitude, personality and life and cure my depression I would have laughed you into utter derision....now the only person I can laugh at is me. I fell so hard over Alizée....I guess I was at a very vulnerable point in life and she pulled me through it.....Hell she is still pulling me through it. We are not exactly out of the woods in America yet you know. The amazing thing about Alizée in my life when the rubber hits the road is this.....she makes my great days even greater, she makes my bright days even brighter, she makes my good days even better, she makes my so so days worth while,,,she makes my dark days brighter, she makes my rainy days shine like the sun, the most AMAZING thing about Alizée in my life is that Every Day Is Like Christmas Day Since I Found Alizée. And I have befriended Jo Jacotey, He takes a lot of photos of scenery of Corsica and Ajjacio in The Meditteranean......a lot like paradise, La Isla Bonita, and reminds me of here in Florida, beaches, palm trees, sand, sea, waves, ocean.........The sea is a special place to me too. Anyway I can say this much, Alizée Jacotey coming into my life when she did probably saved my life. And I will always owe to her the biggest debt of love that can never be repaid. So I will continue to promote her in my own silly little ways. If I can get her only one more fan then it was ALL worth my time.
    You know what? Continue doing what you are doing, nothing is little, if it expresses your emotions, ... , your thoughts; and nothing is silly when it comes to promoting her!
    And even if our life stories are worlds apart, we share the same bond - Lili. Oh, she really does perform miracles!
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

  3. #43
    Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2012
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    You're good at writing such things, your feelings. I'm not. I just can write Alizée is charming, so charming. I know a lot of pretty girls but her beauty is magic. I don't know how to express myself. And I've seen her in photos only... I would love, totally adore to see her live. OMG, it would be so amazing, I just cannot imagine this .
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

  4. #44
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    You're good at writing such things, your feelings. I'm not. I just can write Alizée is charming, so charming. I know a lot of pretty girls but her beauty is magic. I don't know how to express myself. And I've seen her in photos only... I would love, totally adore to see her live. OMG, it would be so amazing, I just cannot imagine this .
    I have an Alizée friend who just saw her live in Lyon. He also expressed upon me via telephone an experience he had when he stumbled into her at that audotorium. He was a mere 5 feet from her, they looked at each other.....he told me she was even more wonderful in person than all the pictures we get treated with. Is a dream for me to see her one day in person. And if it ever happens,,,,I will have to remain calm and just be me, who I am...

  5. #45
    Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th Sep 2007
    Location
    middle of everywhere
    Posts
    1,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
    I have an Alizée friend who just saw her live in Lyon. He also expressed upon me via telephone an experience he had when he stumbled into her at that audotorium. He was a mere 5 feet from her, they looked at each other.....he told me she was even more wonderful in person than all the pictures we get treated with.
    Yes it's true that she is even more wonderful and beautiful in person.


    Quote Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
    Is a dream for me to see her one day in person. And if it ever happens,,,,I will have to remain calm and just be me, who I am...
    Well I hope you get to see her someday.. I believe if you really want to you will!

  6. #46
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  7. #47
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  8. #48
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  9. #49
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  10. #50
    J'Ai Pas Vingt Ans! MacTavish's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th Jul 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I have this photo on wall, everytime when I look at it I feel more better. Her smile is my everyday motivation

  11. #51
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  12. #52
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I do remember telling Orion about this time last year that I wished to make an Alizée video. However I was so computer illiterate to even try. I do remember the very first video I wanted to make was Madonna Angel featuring Alizée. I even remember telling Vibhash and David Hardy I wanted to a year before that. And I had to go and figure it out on my own. So I did. The very first Alizée video I ever made was blocked. However, I kept pushing forward, and today my Youtube Channel which is comprised of entirely Alizée and Alizée Tribute Videos is Thriving and Growing! Here is the video I wanted to do first.

    And The Power of Alizée in my life still grows to this day, almost three years to the date. Rob, Powered by Alizée since 2010.......
    Last edited by robertrhein; 28th November 2012 at 07:34.

  13. #53
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    And today, almost three years after I saw Alizée the first time, I have to say, I love her more now than I* have ever loved her before. I now own all of her CDS and REMIXES. I have made Alizée Videos to promote her name in the USA. I have given away thousands of promo discs shouting out her name. I have made posts so crazy that I have been banned. And everyone can continue to be guaranteed that I am Alizée's craziest fan. Robert Rhein Infraction One

  14. #54
    Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th Sep 2007
    Location
    middle of everywhere
    Posts
    1,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Well for the record Rob.. I don't think you're crazy!

    I mean love lets us see things that we wouldn't ordinarily see.. love lets us feel things that we wouldn't ordinarily feel! Well I don't mean to sound like a tampon advert, but love gives us wings.


  15. #55
    Alizée Fan Matevz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I've been thinking about why I adore Boutonnat's works for quite a while now...

    Some time ago, one of my friends from Macedonia missused the Slovenian phrase "imeti rad" (to like/love) when using it to describe my relation to Alizée. She wanted to state that I like Alizée as a celebrity, but used it in a way which implied that I love Alizée as a close friend or a family member... and how correct she was! More, this was a clue to the puzzle of solving my connection to Mr. Boutonnat.

    After this, I can say, that my connection to Boutonnat can be at least partially explained! Read on...

    It is generally known that by 12 weeks, the fetus has a completely functioning auditory system and is able to hear music and other sounds [everything sounds something like listening under water]. In my case, this period started somewhere at the end of the first half of 1991. This was the time of the violent breakup of Yugoslavia, preparations for the war, breaking of sound barriers by military aircraft and also the electronica genre.

    My family lived at that time in an old house, in which Italians and Germans tortured and killed dozens of political prisoners during the second world war, and at the end of 1980s my father and some other people were still removing hooks on which prisoners were hanged. Our family lived in this house from late 1980s to 1992. If you ask my parents and people who lived in this house before us and who lived after us, something simply isn't right there, not that I am implying anything paranormal is happening there, its just the energy of the place that is negative overall and one cannot sleep well there, is sick all the time, there are frequent mood shifts and other things like that [and not only my parents noticed this when living there, but everybody who ever lived there]. I spent my first year of life in this house and one is not far from the truth if he states that I've been sick all the time, I almost died at birth (although this happened in the hospital), ... but I cannot really talk about such things as I don't remember them.

    The first memories of my childhood are not of the woods around the place where we live or of the people around, but of the military magazine Obramba (which means Defense) in which I saw pictures of the siege of Sarajevo (during 1993-1995), slaughtered corpses in front of the UN truck, people standing in the line and wating for bread when a sheel exploded between them,... I remember fragments of news reports on the war in Croatia. In fact, my first solid memory in life is of my family sitting at the table and talking about how Croatian Serbs are only 20km away from Slovenian border and how the nuclear plant of Krško is in their range (destroying it would cause major blackouts in Zagreb and other parts of Croatia and Slovenia), while I was all excited about the war, as war for me at that time was military helicopters flying in the air and people with guns, only after I was scolded I started thinking about how people I like might die...
    Movies, magazines and media in general thus influenced my early development quite severely. When I think about it now, I can see that by exposing me to such images in early life, exposing me to harsh reality, to death and everything connected with it, I was able to grow into the person I am today (and that I hope to be also in the future). Children today are vastly overprotected in my opinion.

    Therefore, I am not only a fan of Boutonnat. I am in fact part of his universe, especially the pre-Anamorphosée era. When I talk about Boutonnat's harmony, it must be something I've heard while I still were in my mothers womb. My connection to Alizée-ish started later, after I was 10 years old, while my connection to Boutonnat is much older, perhaps dating back to when my age was negative (prior birth therefore).
    Last edited by Matevz91; 23rd December 2012 at 00:45.
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

  16. #56
    Alizée Fan Matevz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Now when I looked back at my last post, I see that it surely ranks as one of the weirdest posts on AF... But hey, its true!
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

  17. #57
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    That is an amazing story Matevz! I alomst feel like I knew Alizée in some other life before this one. I feel a connection in my soul I have never felt. And although I speak not a lick of Frence, I have been listening to her constantly for so long now I can sing along in French to a lot of them, although often times I dont know what I am singing! And Jazzmin, you expressed yourself really good too! Anyway I did not fall in love with her because of how many albums she sold, or not, or how big a star she was or not, I fell for her because of her, cut and dry, nothing more nothing less. I love her for her, nothing else. She could sell 50 million more albums and I lve her. She could retire tomorrow, I love her. I will always love her.

  18. #58
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    And on the cusp of my third year with Alizée. I can say that this has been the best two and almost three years of my life! And I look forward to more wonderful times listening to her. ROB powewered by Alizée since 4-25-2010.

  19. #59
    Alizée Fan Matevz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
    And on the cusp of my third year with Alizée. I can say that this has been the best two and almost three years of my life! And I look forward to more wonderful times listening to her. ROB powewered by Alizée since 4-25-2010.
    Wait until, 4-25, then you can throw a Skype party
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

  20. #60
    Super Alizée Fan robertrhein's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Every 4-25 is an Alizee party here, but Annilys birthday is close to that day, so I will celebrate my Alizée Anniversary and Annily's birthday on the same weekend 4-25-2013???????????? and what will we do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •