Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power Of Alizée

When I smacked my noggin at work a few weeks back and did not go to hospital my medicine was Alizée!!! And now 3 or 4 weeks later ummmm which was it I cant remember uh oh I hope Im not getting amnesia now!!! Anyway I feel so much better now after I took two Alizée CDs every nite for however long that was. I cant remember. And Every Day Is Like Christmas Day With Alizée!!!
    Last edited by robertrhein; 1st December 2011 at 03:06.

Lilis No.1 Scottish fan VIP / Donator william hall's Avatar

Well, just be careful you don't overdose, nah never mind, i think we have all done that here already

Quote Originally Posted by william hall View Post
    Well, just be careful you don't overdose, nah never mind, i think we have all done that here already
    Wow LOLOLOLOL>!!!!! Wow!!! How u doin william

I think that this says it all, if it were possible.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beautiful vid Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    Beautiful vid Rob!

And now as my 2 year Alizée Anniversary quickly approaches me I can say this....When one comes to a realization in ones life, that life will be changed for eternity........and Rob was never the same........ever again.......WOW and WOW!!!!!And MERCI ALIZEE!!!!! Alizée Jacotey has changed my life......and me......no matter how hard I have fought it!!!!!! I can see tonight the changes that have begun in me......for almost two years ago I was touched by an Angel.....her name was Alizée!!!!! Imagine that.....Alizée could even reach a crazy dude like me......

She gave me hope.....she gave me light.........she is the reason I survived.....She breathed new life into my soul......She made me whole.....and I can feel it from my head down to my toes.....and I was kissed by an Angel......she took away my broken heart......took me by her hand.....and I saw the day break in her eyes,,,,,,,Alizée will always be my Angel......
    Last edited by AlphaDevil2; 23rd March 2012 at 12:17.

And tonight as I sit here and review this thread on the eve of my 2nd Alizée Anniversary I am at a loss for words. I still am in total awe and amazement for Alizée. My entire attitude and outlook upon life has been changed. I have changed my taste in music. Even now after all this time I still grow more amazed by Alizée Jacotey. And ironically at this very moment I am listening to La Isla Bonita by Alizée on my stereo as I type this post, which was the very first Alizée song I ever heard on Monday 4-25-2010 at 2:30 PM, a life changing event that altered the course of my life for the better for eternity. And tonight in my heart I am filled with gratitude to my Creator, who allowed me the grace to discover Alizée Jacotey here in America. I knew the very moment I ever saw her that I had been changed, I was never going to be the same, the bar was raised, as were my standards in life. Asbeit I was unaware the course that the changes would take at that time. And tonight I can look at myself and my past and see the changes that listening to Alizée have begun in me. And I have asked several of our crowd for a plausible explanation for how I was hit so hard by Alizée. And I have had sessions of deep meditation in an attempt to get in touch with that part of me that was touched by her in such an incredible fashion. And as a result of these I have only two possible explanations. One is that Alizée is a prodigy and a phenomenon of nature that has been a metaphysical experience. And the other is that Alizée has to be an Angel sent to those who love her as a gift from God.
    Last edited by robertrhein; 25th April 2012 at 04:33.

Man Steakums with monterrey jack and sauteed mushrooms on toast with budwiesrer tonite on my Alizée Anniversary.....cause of work.....GONNA COOKOUT SATURDAY TO CELEBRATE ALIZEE!!!!!!!

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy 2nd Alizée Anniversary Rob.. have a good one Saturday!

This one's for you and Alizée too!

Happy 2'nd Anniversary and have a nice party! Cheers!
    veni, vedi, vici!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    Happy 2nd Alizée Anniversary Rob.. have a good one Saturday!

This one's for you and Alizée too!

Thankyou RTW
    And I am not twenty anymore.....nor am I an Alizée noobie......Florida Rob powered by Alizée since 2010.
    Last edited by robertrhein; 27th April 2012 at 15:31.

Deep stories there. I don`t feel the need to explain my history of discovering Alizee (I have been "in love" with Boutonnat`s music for my whole life, and I didn`t even know who he is ). Let me just say that Une enfant du siècle brought her in my life and I still consider this album to be one of the best I have ever heard and delved into.

Anyway, she introduced me to Mylene Farmer, her songs with double meanings (morbid, spiritual, vulgar, ... with one word, genius!) , she introduced me to Laurent (finally!), ... lastly, she introduced me to herself, to her world.

I know that she is just a human, she has her faults,... but still, she introduced light into my life... she has this X affect on me, this X factor. Sometimes this affect is good, sometimes bad (for example now, when I read this forum instead of studying for exam, lol)... she is the best thing that is happening to me right now and if something does not go wrong, even if I gradually forget her, she will have this special place in me, my "Alizee part". Magic!
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.

Default Not everything is black/white

Quote Originally Posted by william hall View Post
    Well, to be honest, Lili`s powers also have, shall I say, unwanted effects. As I read your stories (and experience my own), I clearly see that she has introduced this "energy" into our lives, which can do remarkable things (for example on what I mean, read the first post of this thread, or go to alizeeamerica and read some stories there).

As william hall suggested, her influence on our lives can also be a bad one (not that I think that she intended this to be that way, of course not), because when "overdosed", it can totally captivate us to the point, when bad things start to happen.
    And where lies the problem? In us (in us who suffer from bad effects of her "energy").

For example, take me; before Lili I was a depressed student who has had some problems, mainly lack of creativity, happiness,... such personal stuff; and this has affected my motivation to learn, to work, etc. And yes, I had no favorite music, nothing to bond myself to. One big hole altogether.
    Then came Lili, with her came Boutonnat and after her came Mylene...

my life changed completely, except for one major thing: I still am depressed (because of my personality; I am a introvert, my energy drains when I don`t think about my favorite topics (no matter how funny that sounds,...), I had no time because my performance at the uni became poor and had to keep up, then I got sick for 2 weeks, then...). Une enfant du siecle brought light into my life, but only temporarily, because gradually, the tide of Lili swept away everything else and until today, thoughts about her, Mylene, Laurent and music/poetry in general occupied large part of my free time thinking, and made my performance at the uni even worse (and myself even more depressed).

If I reconstruct everything, this 2 formulas pretty much sum my current state: "depression+Lili+nothing else to think about=good thing" , "depression+Lili+much else to think about=bad thing".

And finally, who is to be blamed for my mental debacle and poor performance? Lili? Hell no, I personally am guilty, because my depression caused me to give up discipline, and so everything went, shall I say, into /dev/null, despite Lili`s "energy".

Here you have... in wrong conditions, Lili`s "energy" can also be a bad thing.

--------------------------------------
    I will also mention that I do not really consider myself as her fan. Yes, she is special for me, I would like to have her autograph, her 5th album, perhaps a poster or two, but that is it. I do not want to wrap my existence around the image of her that I created in my head. Rather than being a noisy fan, I want to be a loyal observer, one who follows her in her life path, but is not active as a fan. My dream about her is simply to follow her, whenever she goes, perhaps support her from time to time (in the way that seems appropriate and reasonable for me), simple as that.

+++++++++++++++++++++
    btw with energy I do not necessarily mean something physical od metaphysical, beware! Energy is here purely a philosophical concept.
    *I inserted this remark to break up the otherwise dull/depressed atmosphere of this post
    Last edited by Matevz91; 20th June 2012 at 00:54. Reason: Changed past tense into present tense in one sentence

Wow! The vast spectrum of experiences those who have been touched by Aliz♪0e have had. I for one have been filled with so much goodness, and light, since Alizée entered into my world over two years ago my depression has melted away. As I make this post, partly in reply to your story Matev91, I can see the changes that wwere begun in me on 4-25-2010, the day I found Alizée, stronger than ever. I have stopped a 31 year pack and a half a day cigarette habit over my love of her....and put down alcohol for good now. I look in the mirror today and I see a different person. I am in awe. And Moi Alexander Gourmandises recomended I made a video . An Alizée tribute video using Megadeaths "A Tou Le Monde" and he said I would be set free behind the concept in this song fitting my Alizée story. And I looked it up and much to my dismay, it was about suicide?????/ And I sat here scratching my head wondering how I was to come up with an Alizée concept out of a song about a suicide? So I allowed inspiration to take over and when I did I was put in touch with the truth. There was a suicide involved in my Alizée story. When I saw how fed up I was with that old Rob, I had to kill him, even though I loved him, so that this new Rob could come to life and be set free. Here is that vid as well. Do not attempt to grasp the meaning behind it without first reading the footnotes, it is not possible.
    Last edited by robertrhein; 24th June 2012 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
    Wow! The vast spectrum of experiences those who have been touched by Aliz♪0e have had. I for one have been filled with so much goodness, and light, since Alizée entered into my world over two years ago my depression has melted away. As I make this post, partly in reply to your story Matev91, I can see the changes that wwere begun in me on 4-25-2010, the day I found Alizée, stronger than ever. I have stopped a 31 year pack and a half a day cigarette habit over my love of her....and put down alcohol for good now. I look in the mirror today and I see a different person. I am in awe. And Moi Alexander Gourmandises recomended I made a video . An Alizée tribute video using Megadeaths "A Tou Le Monde" and he said I would be set free behind the concept in this song fitting my Alizée story. And I looked it up and much to my dismay, it was about suicide?????/ And I sat here scratching my head wondering how I was to come up with an Alizée concept out of a song about a suicide? So I allowed inspiration to take over and when I did I was put in touch with the truth. There was a suicide involved in my Alizée story. When I saw how fed up I was with that old Rob, I had to kill him, even though I loved him, so that this new Rob could come to life and be set free. Here is that vid as well. Do not attempt to grasp the meaning behind it without first reading the footnotes, it is not possible.
    Robert, I took my time to watch your video (have read the notes before, as you ordered ) and got quite sucked into your story (even though you only gave us small fragments, but this is a forum / youtube so this is a wise choice, and more info really is not required). Since million words wouldn`t be enough to reply to your story and I honestly don`t know what to say, I will only express my desire that her impact on you will last and that you will create the path of your life the way you want.

Or, Robert, perhaps there is a suitable reply to your story:

"A little lonely
    Photographs over me
    Sleeping beauty
    No, I'm not I'm ugly
    And wait
    To see your sign, Oh, would I
    Stay away
    Until you are mine
    And
    Dawn is coming down
    Feeling empty, falling slowly
    Never let me drown
    Oh, Amélie mine, help me to fly."
    Amélie (English version)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is something I/we haven`t tackeled yet: the power of Boutonnat in the Alizée era (GO and MCE), for short JBG (Jacotey, Boutonnat, Gautier).

Perhaps you have already read this, since I wrote it 2 or 3 times already, but Boutonnat is the one who defined my musical taste, and since I am a "musical being" (that is, music is closely linked to my emotions and inner thoughts, I call this "my depth"), he kind of defined part of my personality, and Alizée helped him with this task from the very beginning (Moi Lolita, which I first heard in 2001 if I remember correctly).
    Of course, there were other musical influences in my past (for example Croatian Electro team), but nobody really ever touched me the way JBG trio did.

But there is one JBG song that really stands out, even higher than ML: instrumental version of Lui Ou Toi (appart from the instrumental version of Devant Soi, which has even stronger impact on me than this one, but is not a JBG song). Why? Well, as I wrote already, I am a introvert in my real life and that in my case implies that I spent quite a lot of time thinking about music and its relation to my personality (not in a narcisstic way, but rather self discovery - my relation to myself is rather destructive, kind of hating myself for being alive but that is another story).
    One of my (poetic) philosophyes is that depth equals beauty (not literally of course but in a symbolic way ). I search for depth almost everywhere and that is perhaps why Mylène Farmer's poetry got me so hooked up, or why I haven`t fallen for all these plastic beautiful-on-surface girls next door... but where does this "depth=beauty" come from?
    And then... it struck me... what if, just if, ... this rather easy "depth=beauty" poetical phrase comes in fact from Boutonnat`s music??? If so, that explains why I so love Lui Ou Toi and all other Boutonnat`s music, and why everything feels so perfect when it comes to MCE and GO... because it suits perfectly to my definition of depth, since this definition itself came from Boutonnat`s music and from Alizée`s voice! A "Lili-Laurent" circle of depth and beauty!

If so, Boutonnat and Alizée (and Mylène) really did define part of my personality!!! I am shocked, but since I am only 20 years old, I don`t know what will happen in the future, but one thing is certain, they have left a mark in me, a big mark.

And everything started with ML on a beach, at night... 10 years ago.
    EDIT: Btw Sea is for me the most beautiful place on the earth, some connection there (ML, beach, night, sea, ... , too much imagination, too much thinking)
    Last edited by Matevz91; 25th June 2012 at 00:17.
    Average art pleases, good art improves, best art haunts.