Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ActuAlizée Translation Project

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    I know they are old and there's little new info but those who really havent been able to read it before surely can find something in the them.

Should there be thread for each magazine so people can talk in them about it?
    Sorry for not commenting. They are good and I havre read tjem all. I just feel like spamming if I just write !thanks" comments.

But yes, keep up the good work )

Quote Originally Posted by Brian01 View Post
    Well I always found the sections that talked about the collectors items, and all the different Lili websites, interesting. The collectors stuff I cant afford to buy, so my Lili collection is just the basics really, but its always cool to see the different items that are available. Stare at them and wish I had them.

But Also the websites, like I mentioned. Im sure most of them are not working anymore, I know her old official site is no longer around. A few years back I managed to see it, was a odd feeling. Like going back in time you know? Honestly, the magazines all together give me that feeling. That going back in time feeling.

Its both interesting, and kinda sad at the same time. To see all of that Lili history, all of the awesome stuff I missed out on, since I didnt know about her at the time. I wish I could have been around then. I love being a fan now, dont get me wrong, but to have been around back then, when she was first starting out, first spreading her wings....I wish I could have been around since day 1.

SO as I said, these magazines give kind of a bitter/sweet feeling for me. I love seeing them , and reading them , but also they make me think of all that I missed.
    I of course kind of feel the same way, but it's also hard for me to read through these and do the translation because I see people talking about all they hope for and yet I know that everything pretty much shut down right after the concerts ending in 2004. Even though, even before the end of 2004 there was talk of her going to work with other people (confirmation that she was working with the guys from Indochine for example) and talk that she was going in a different direction musically, etc. So, if everything had gone swimmingly, she would have come back with a new album by some time in 2005 or early 2006 maybe (?) with a much wider known artist (I had heard of Indochine before I ever discovered Alizée, though admittedly I don't know from where).

FYI, I just finished doing the translation of pages 1- 8 of ActuAlizée 5 in case anyone was assigned to that. And I just want to mention that on page 8, I had a little trouble with one sentence in particular. According to the context, I think I got it right, but I've been wrong before... "Puis elle nous fait ensuite la remarque qu'elle doit tout de même tenir un spectacle, même si c'est la dernière, et nous demande ce qu'on désire chanter."

I do find myself wanting to make comments occasionally, like that I really wonder about something she said on that page. She told the people at the concert that she was going to take guitar lessons (in 2004). And I wonder if she ever did or just didn't take to it if she did. I know that this is how most people are. We think we are going to do all kinds of things (especially when we're younger) and reality ends up interfering. I took a class on guitar once and tried to practice for a while, but it's certainly not easy. I didn't end up taking to it myself.

Thanks for the latest translation, this seems to be the best one yet. I can't wait to read it more in-depth, but I've skimmed through it and it looks great !

It looks like I'm taking over for Aaronius in collecting and assigning translations.
    If you are not someone to whom I have already sent a message in the last couple days and you would like to volunteer to do translations, please send me a private message if you are interested and preferably send me your email address as it is more reliable than going through the forum.
    I will probably start assigning again in another couple days as I would like to give people a little more time to respond.

English ActuAlizée #4 is out and looking pretty !

http://www.english-actualizee.com/

Lilis No.1 Scottish fan VIP / Donator william hall's Avatar

Excellent work guys, i never knew about any of this, i must have been away when it all first took place. Thank you to the people who have put so much effort into this, it is certainly appreciated.

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

I love your work guys... you rock! Keep going and thanks for this great project...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

English ActuAlizée No. 5 is well on it's schedule !

Short summary of the upcoming magazine:

Exciting things are happening in the world of Alizée! She has just finished her first concerts, among them, the famous music hall Olympia in Paris. We will bring you an insider view of one of the concerts, held in Zénith of Reims. Also, we will introduce you to her warm up DJ, One-T. Not to forget an interview with Amina, a young singer from Star Academy, who had the chance to sing with our angel.
    Naturally, we will have our usual sections covered up with all the fan feedback we have had.

English ActuAlizée can be now found on Google+ also !

https://plus.google.com/b/109989395413033726238/

English ActuAlizée #5 is now out !!

http://www.english-actualizee.com/

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

haha . . and a merry christmas to you too!