Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're all doomed and the world is f***ed up...

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    Someone argued here about space exploration... in the long term, only space can help us with overpopulation... The sooner we start with Mars terraforming (NG document Living on Mars recommended!) the better for future generations...
    Oh I hope not.. living on Mars would be awful!

I don't expect it to become a reality ( can't even fix an oil leak so forget space travel colonies etc) but if it did.. imagine what would happen if anything went wrong? The cocooned bubble that people would have to live in on Mars would most likely have detrimental phsycological effects on many. If tit ever sprang a leak thousands would die too.. it's just a catastrophe waiting too happen.

People like to breathe in the fresh air every now and then aswell, we also need sun and fresh water too. There's no oceans on Mars or rivers forests etc for wildlife to flourish either.. there's really no place like earth.
    Last edited by Ridingthewave; 18th July 2010 at 22:52.

Well, first of all, the world is a pretty messed up place because of the nature of existence. Those who are normal get into a good frame of mind most of the time and try to do some good work and live a decent life while not worrying too much about all the large and small problems. But just as every day there is some pigeon born with one leg, there's a human born similarly disabled. This is what I am saying. This existence is both fragile and in every case temporary.

We came here because we discovered Alizée whose performances and personality made us feel that there was something beautiful and worth living for in the world. That's a great feeling. It's quite obvious that we would want that. What do we have but our fantasies? And then we got to share it with each other because we humans also really love sharing what we love with someone of similar mind and disposition, someone to help us live out our fantasies.

On a side note, I think this whole Mars thing really proves my point. To think that we can go live on Mars when we can't even make a decent living here on Earth is insane and a fantasy. Really smart and hard working people want to work on the problem, but they are delusional and it just goes to prove that generally intelligent does not equate to simple good sense. We all think that more is possible than is because we can't possibly think of all the details of what something requires at the same time. We will always forget something. Fortunately, the problems that can arise, well, they don't always arise. And just as we can think we are doomed because we can't think of a way out, sometimes it's the same issue. There was a way out, but we just didn't think of it.

Humans are amazing creatures, not because of what we are, but because of what we can do in spite of what we are--mammals with all the frailties of any other type of creature and this strange chaos in the brain that we usually think of as consciousness. We are so egocentric, but in fact, there is no ego, just a loose and tentative sense of self. I for one do not have only one thread of desire, one personality that never changes. I can want two opposing things simultaneously. No one is in full control of himself, yet we try to gain that feeling of control our whole lives. We have a sense of logic, but everything that we understand about the world is connected to emotion.

Life is a mystery and it exists both in great abundance and resiliency, and is so fragile that it barely exists at all. I want to wish you all as much love as you can experience because for me, that's the only thing that really ever made me feel alive. And yet, indeed, that is what is causing our overpopulation problem and what the heck can we do about it? The only solution is for people to limit their number of offspring, to have world-wide smaller families like we tend to be doing here in the US and in Europe. It is of course possible that there is no solution and our species is doomed. But as I just said, every one of us is doomed to death individually some day; so, what's the difference? We like the idea of people, our children, carrying on. That's the only difference. The world is no worse than it ever was, maybe just a little closer to ending than it has been for a while. Thousands of years ago, the human species count got pretty low. 'We' could have ceased to exist back then, but we didn't. Now, it's just a matter of whether we as a society will have to go through tremendous upheaval or not. We've had a little taste of it recently. But let's not forget, if overpopulation is the reason it's happening, it's is because we have been so very successful. So now, if we do mature further, it will be by finding a way to survive that's better than what rats do (i.e. population explosion until the environment can't sustain them, then a massive die off). We're not really there yet (as a class of organism).

In any case, we are generally not happy alone. Life holds little appeal if we can't share it with others. It's too bad others can also be such a pain in the ass. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

I said nothing about living in bubbles and I was talking about long term... in centuries. We can't simply thing what will be next year, if we miss some long term goal. That goal surely is colonize space and Mars is the first step. As they say (and I mentioned the world in previous post) in the "Living on Mars" NG document: Terraforming!

First we must send there few scientists/astronauts who build there a small factory which would produce greenhouse gases. Not CO2, there are many many stronges g.h. gases and they ae right in the Mars soil. Just thing about it. On Mars, we first need to start the g.h. effect, while on the Earth we are trying to stop it... Irony, isn't it? As long as the g.h. effect on Mars advances, the dry ice on poles will melt and the loose CO2 will add itself to the g.h. effect. Finaly, the water will melt and the hydrosphere of Mars will be recreated. All this can happen in decades!

Then the harder and longer part. Bring plants to Mars, which will produce oxygen. It will start with mosses and other simple plants which don't need oxygen. Each time the oxygen level rises enough, new and more advanced plants will be brought to Mars to boost oxygen creation. Finally, trees will be brought there. All this will take centuries untill the Mars will be habitable for animals and people. And not the whole Mars, only the lower parts near equator will have enough oxygen (like on the tops of Earth's very high mountains) to provide enough oxygen. But still, it will be much space for poeple. And even on the other parts of Mars, people will be able to live. Not just as in the oxygen-rich areas, but their houses/colonies won't be anything like those extremely vulneable bubbles. People there will be able to wak outside without space suits, just with oxygen masks...

On the final note, making other planet habbitable (again) will help us to understand our own planet...
    Alizée... resistance has never been more futile.

Díky za všechno, Lili...

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scientists know exactly what they think is possible but putting ideas into action is a whole different ballgame and I think Roman hit the nail on the head in his 3rd paragraph.

Well great posts everyone.. it's all good!

Btw this thread deserves a nobel peace prize.

The Last One Standing Señor Villa's Avatar

The world will not be doomed if the United States votes for me as their next President in 2012. I would invite Alizée to sing at the White House and invite everyone on AF to the Inaugural ball and then Alizée will be known throughout The United States once and for all.

Alrighty then...

Alizée Fan

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I used this old one: WTF is going on in Europe? Riots in Italy. Riots in England. Ireland bankrupt. Spain, Portugal, Hungary. Who else? Belgium has no official government?

Why can't the U.S. citizen/consumer get up off his/her big fat butt and do the same? We are not in any better shape.

This entire situation/fiasco is global and really getting out of control.

This is a natural cycle, the earth shedding itself of the weak. The earth yearns to move forward and shake off the dross of old ways and force people to change their ways of thinking. We must reconsider the boundaries of what we are willing to do and if we can't, we will perish.
    How's that?

In GOLD We Trust -Babylon Roland-zee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cjambrose View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread, so I used this old one: WTF is going on in Europe? Riots in Italy. Riots in England. Ireland bankrupt. Spain, Portugal, Hungary. Who else? Belgium has no official government?

+ bombs in Swedish,/Finnland ; - so nowadays "it is already in that very north Europe,

but it´s only a realitive small part(s), and little-big consequence of a overall bigger, major problem - "PUSHing of the (alienate,ENEMYnly) military,\ortodoxy musulmans,/muslims and "(muslim-)negroes from souths,from Africas, and muslim´s parts of Asias, into the very Europe, (on the west) etc..

++ put & laid on / & over that all, + yet that economical,/financial crisis - one part of the economical cyclus, depression now, (*decreasing part of graph(s)´s curve, decreasing graph), we are in atm..

Why can't the U.S. citizen/consumer get up off his/her big fat butt and do the same? We are not in any better shape.

This entire situation/fiasco is global and really getting out of control.
    -===> > ..and gold growths and growths
    slowly, but surely
    raises
    (hey, some others precious metals too)
    *In GOLD ve trust*
    Resistance is sooooo futile.. :-)

Don`t ever change, don`t ever leave us, never stop smiling...
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9...nimated7sx.gif
    my graphic(artwork) : http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4...0033kopi31.jpg

Alizée Fan

@Roland: That pretty much sums up how I feel, except that I hope it is the 'evil' and not only the 'weak' that are sacrificed ('evil' does not necessarily equate to 'weak'). What comes afterwards won't necessarily be 'good' either.

@Roland-zee: Ha ha (now I sound like Orion). Also try Rare Earth metals and uranium. Food storage also.

I forgot to mention Greece in my post. I imagine that the list of countries will only continue to grow. I hope there is not some act of violence (random or pre-planned) which triggers another war in Europe. But, when people get hungry ... look at what happened to the Romanovs in Russia during the Russian revolution or the French after Marie Antoinette's famouns utterance "Let them eat cake!".

Quote Originally Posted by cjambrose View Post
    ... after Marie Antoinette's famouns utterance "Let them eat cake!".
    mmm cake, with different layers of dense frosting in the middle... actually, I should say, let them eat pie. Both have their place, but pie is more edible. And perhaps more storable? ok, maybe not. I should invent canned pie. Now we're talking! Entrepreneurs will save the world. They are the ones who create what comes to exist after the downfall.

and cjambrose, change your avatar. She's just too nubile attractive. It's distracting. (and thus I secretly hope you don't actually change it). Just nothing like a beautiful lively young woman (and actually Alizée takes the cake--oops, there's that cake again)
    Last edited by Roman; 16th December 2010 at 06:03.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

I'll tell you guys what is wrong withthis world . . more specifically, the people in it:

NOISE! I don't care how much it makes you sick to hear it, but it is noise: too many Facebooks, too many pop culture phenomena, too many broken families, too many years of being socialized into a society that craves gluttony in all its forms. Days like this make me crave the jungle dwellers.

PEople are now being focused and pointed to more inadequate things to run thier lives. It's all work and taxes and the internet and clubs/bars. Then there is the odd family gathering now and then to ground you a bit, and the holidays come in to turn people into raving zombies.

We are slowly losing ourselves and getting caught in traps. We are too busy typing on the blackberries, and skimming our fingers across the iphones. A long time ago possibly in 2003-04, I said on this forum that we are slowly getting smaller and things are getting tinier . . from dinosuars to viruses and from IBM computers filling up an office building to the same power now found in a desktop.

We are slowly being pushed in a corner with so much buzzing from trinkets that we are losing touch with our freedom to "graze" and develope our natural instincts.

Aside from all that BS, we are evolving as a society with no conscience. People don't care, and governments don't care. This is due to people getting tired of life, becaue it is not in thier nature to be so "synthetic." They are all too busy watching tv and playing video games. Some are too busy being lawyers and exectuives, to stop for a second and take thier shoes off and walk on the grass.

Many people are too busy with credit cards and worrying about buying the new car, and the big screen tv thier nieghbour has.

Many families have forgotten about the nuclear way of the 50s . . . it is so out of control now, that the family is unrecognizable.

They just finished a study that now says that mariguana has now surpassed cigarettes in teen consumption.

YOu also have the FDA and other food and drug administrations putting out false info and doing sorrupt things while your health hangs in the balance.

People also want to complain because they fail to realize the trap society has put them in. People aren't getting what they want or need, and the mind gets numb. People start jumping out of buildings.

People are getting tired, and they simply want to trust again . . they want to live and they do not want wars or political and economic wastelands.

Other people are lacking love and compassion in their lives, and they get mad at society and become antisocial, instead of building character. They become what they hate about society . . they become synthetic.

^With all that said ( it was a basic rundown) there is only one thing that can save you guys right here and now that can read this. Let go of what you fear yourselves becoming and return to simpler times. Don't fight for anything. Do not care for politics. do not fight for things that are wrtong in this world. It is all for nothing UNLESS you first change to ignore the BS built around our current lives. The world must change mentality,because wars have been faught in the past, and will continue. Economic troubles have been seen in the past and will return in the future. Loves will begained and lost. People will get sick and many will die. . . . ( I don't have to keep going here) You must ONLY change yourselves, not the world. I like the city, but you need to get out. Too many bad influences around. It may be bad enough at home for some, they do not also need it out in the streets, where they do not have to be to succumb to needless bickering. ANd also, to save your mind and souls, let go of the net for a while. Just get out in the sun and let vitamin D form in your bodies. Breath deeper, too ( you do not totice but your breaths are short and snippets of how you should be breathing: deep breaths to take in lots of oxygen . . . oxygen makes your brain function better and sickness is rare. having abundance of oxygen in the brain and blood also help to get rid of depression and anxiety. Also, where there is oxygen, cancer cannot survive. Take a test to see how acidic your body is too: patients with cancer and other diseases have been shown to have a more acidic (alkaline) body many more times than a normal healthy person. You need the sun! HOnest . . really! Sounds funny right!? why are the winter months more depressing and tiresome? because we have shorter days and longer nights, and we are OUT LESS poften than we are in teh spring and summer months. Go ahead and ask your doctor about thess things i tell you and see what he says. Just make sure he/she is reputable and cares, before you ask, and has read the journals.

Just get out more, and turn off the section of your attention span that makes you turn to the bad traits of society. The world will have its troubles, but the world is also beautiful, and charming and blissful.

Createa new domain for yourselves and try to look upon people that are shouting with a smile or a smirk of contemplation of whatyou are witnessing. You will build character, and you will see not the world, but yourselves in a new light. THAT is the way to carry yourseles over a mess. If your freinds are all deadbrained zomibies, then lose them. NOW!

Don;t worry about how doomed the world is until you look in the mirror, that reflects all these things about your own lives, first. Don't pay attention to any of that stuff on the outside . . . money love war sickness stress anxiety. LEAVE! block it all out and worry about making yourself smile and to see from the outside looking in . . . see the people and do not put yourselves in their frame. Stand back, and realize that when you look in from the outter reaches of the galazy let alone the universe . . . nothing but specs of dust . . but when you focus in closer you see a beating heart thatis troubled, and then things make sense. Look at the universe, and then see how loud people are, by standing on the moon. Everything is so much more than our petty squabbles . . all you see from out there are the beautiful clouds and colours and oceans . . at night you see lights like fireflies in dark fields. It's only when you pay too much attention to the BS from within the crowd and not from the moon, thatyou begin to feel the effects of stress and anxiety. See yourself as the moon. DO not care about wars or sickness or viruses or rants or about groups shouting in the streets causing havoc. They break windows and make ots of noise . . too much noise, because that is sall they have ever known. You guys are different. THEY should be worried about YOU, NOT yu about them . . becasue you guys are the anecdote. Do what is right and be strong . . build that character.
    Last edited by Orion; 16th December 2010 at 08:20.