Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum "suggestion box"

Banned FanPage Staff

well we are talking about our forum not our human personality, this isn't so intimate.

i say we take a poll and if we don't get many responses from certain forums we should just do away with it and scale it down to the active ones.

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan VIP / Donator Brian01's Avatar

concerning merging the forums:

I think when it comes to merging the sub forums, we do need to ask them first as some have said.

The way it seems right now, all of the members who are interested in the english section, are alrdy here. And the ones who are not interested, stay in their sub-forums. And it would be unfair to force them to have to post in english you know? But if we do a poll, and they all are ok with it, then I agree it would be a great idea, since it would really unite us all under one banner. But I do think we should of course ask first.

concerning the shout box:
    I like the idea of the chat box, but we do need to hold it to the same rules of the forum. Just meaning trying to keep it PG-13, and respectful towards each other, and Lili.

But I think it would be a lot of fun, and I good idea to have. Everyone keeps saying that the forum needs to be more Lili based, and have less "just for fun" threads. And this chat room can help do just that.

There are a lot of threads and such that we could get rid of, and just use the chat, like the off topic threads and such, all we do is chit chat anyway, so we could remove some of those threads, and just use the chat to have our talks.

Concerning colors and layout of the forum:

Im all for changing colors and all that, making the forum really pop, so when people come here for the first time, they wont want to leave.

Im fine if the layout changes, as long as there is still as much room. If that makes sense. What I mean is, the current layout, has a lot of space, and nothing is too cluttered. I think that is important in a forum.

Concerning the post count:

If you guys want to get rid of the post count, thats cool with me, I do like that idea about having a little something under the avatar. I think that would be cool.

About merging the sub forums, I agree with Brian that we can't force them.

But it's true, that maybe we could merge just Alizée News section, like all news about Alizée just in one forum (so you wouldn't miss anything), and general (off topic) discussions could be still in different languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    well we are talking about our forum not our human personality, this isn't so intimate.

i say we take a poll and if we don't get many responses from certain forums we should just do away with it and scale it down to the active ones.
    This is hilarious lol, who do you think you are ?? Is there an International Forum Comity that I'm unaware of and that you're part of ?? Close a forum by votes he he, no one can close a forum except their owners. You're obviously just trying to get people to follow you ;-)

As far as the reasons for why people are not happy here, I've read this thread and still don't see a valid reason for anyone to be so depressed and frustrated. I think those that are frustrated are just generally miserable and are trying to find an excuse for their unhappiness ;-)

I suggest a different poll: Why not make a poll to see what it is exactly that causes the most discomfort in this forum, be it not being colorful enough, the fact that we don't have a shout box, the people with negative attitude, etc...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    This is hilarious lol, who do you think you are ?? Is there an International Forum Comity that I'm unaware of and that you're part of ?? Close a forum by votes he he, no one can close a forum except their owners. You're obviously just trying to get people to follow you ;-)

As far as the reasons for why people are not happy here, I've read this thread and still don't see a valid reason for anyone to be so depressed and frustrated. I think those that are frustrated are just generally miserable and are trying to find an excuse for their unhappiness ;-)

I suggest a different poll: Why not make a poll to see what it is exactly that causes the most discomfort in this forum, be it not being colorful enough, the fact that we don't have a shout box, the people with negative attitude, etc...
    Soshified is one example, and there are many to list. So yes there are lots of things everyone is unaware of

Whale Shark VIP / Donator daedric's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know alot of us are avid gamers, how about a little box down under location with options to name what use play on and your account name.

EXAMPLE:

Xbox Live Account: Sgt kerrigan
    Steam Id: Sgt kerrigan
    Psn: ---
    Wii--
    World of Warcraft ID ---

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

I am tired and I am sleepy, and I am a bity inpain, so let me just say thi for all my peeps:

I love you guys, and I love Lili evenb more and I lve this forum unconditionally. I do not want you guys to chage, and I don;t want the foprum to change too much spo that it becomes something different suiddenly. What Lili does doe snot matter to me because she is in my heart for ever and I don;t care, to tell the truth . . I am with her always, and I MUST be, NO MATTER WHAT.

Please play fair here, and be nioce to wach other . .at the end of the day we are talkng about a forum, and some things wqe would like . . it should NEVER take away from the power of our collective.

This is Orion ( Valentino Antonio ) and he means and HAS meant everything he has said, whewrther you hate him or not, or have builot some type of jealous rage against him for some reason . . . I love you guys anyway because you love and are loyal to Lili . . . . . . anhy questions???? nevermind . . just keep my forum safe and cvlean and respectful . . . it shall nmever go down, and tyhose that want to leave shall never forget the best of this forum. US!

so please . . . just pretend you gus are talking to a brother or sister, and everything will be alright.

Lili wqill be back, and so WILL OUR forum sttronger than ever . . I swear it!

Havew faith in what I said earlier . . .I will make some MORE prizes avaiulable for new members, and try to find out their reasons for being here and go from there . . . . . Alizée FOREVER . . I SWEAR IT!

THE forums and all the fans of EVERY forum forever . . I swear that too! AA/AAmericabloah blah blah we are all togwether as much asd some may think we are all apart, Lili looks upoin us as the same . . so rioll that in your pipe and smoke it . . . get highg on it . . . WE WILL be better and bigger than ever, and I will see to it.

Now I gots to go to sleep . . . . ciao!

edit: sorry for the grammar . . type too fast
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Lili's Cook/Lawyer/Hacker VIP / Donator IceGuru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    edit: sorry for the grammar . . type too fast
    try opera 10
    BTC - 1KU5C5EFjxrn3xjreeUrXRN1N5ofXayyyf

Whale Shark VIP / Donator daedric's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That was beautiful

Banned FanPage Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

am I trying to get people to follow me or has that already happened? btw, the most recent is soshified and its flourishing. look it up.

see you later, buddy.

btw, that is a really good idea daedric, never thought of that one.
    Last edited by SuNo; 9th August 2009 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
    I don't like the idea to put all sub-forums together to create just one english section...

you think that all these sub forums isolated members I think that it's very good that members can discuss in her mother tongue too..

The international ambience makes this forum special! I like AlizeeAmerica and Lillytownusa too but first of all it I joined the AF because of the german section where I started and than later I became active in the english one too... if we would change that we would delete a really special characteristic of the AF and I guess I lot of members would leave or stopp posting 'cause they aren't good in english...
    I hear ya, believe me. I've taken those things into consideration before posting my suggestions. Yet, I would argue just how popular the German sub-section really is (or any other sub-section for that matter). How many posts or new threads get started everyday? How many people who actively participate in those sub-forums are able to participate in the English section as well? Of the people that don't know English that well, how many of them would at least give the all-English forum a try?

All in all, I think that giving this place an entire make-over as I mentioned above with an entirely new all-English forum, would probably off-set the number of people that would leave for that reason alone with the amount of new members that it would bring in.

But if this place were to turn into an all-French speaking forum for example, I would still try to remain a member. I probably wouldn't post as much (I don't post that much anyway), but I would at least see at as an opportunity to improve my French as I would be forced to read and write in it.

But the way I see it, is that the sub-division works well only when there are a lot of people browsing the forum. Recently, it has done nothing but isolate the remaining members. I understand that the sub-divisions makes this place unique, but uniqueness doesn't mean that it is automatically a "good" thing.

I also don't think that you can erase the international identity of this forum anyway. Regardless of whatever official language might be selected, I think it would still be self-evident that this place has a wide diversity of members from all across the world. From all of my experience here on this forum, I have seen most of these international members interact in some way with the English forum, as well as most of the latest news and updates being made in the English forum as well.

While I think that a vote would be a nice thing to do, I think that it is vital that we hear from Riccardo as well as other administrators and moderators about this issue as well. They are the only ones with the authority to do anything and their input into this debate is crucial.

PS - Were you drunk or high when you wrote that Orion? LOL, for the life of me I've never seen more grammar and spelling mistakes in my life! :O

The Last One Standing Señor Villa's Avatar

In my opinion, merging all the languages into just English wouldn't work because of some members would not be comfortable expressing themselves in English. I for one can speak Spanish very well, but to write in Spanish I don't always write gramatically correct or have forgotten words, but if I did I would visit the Spanish Forum more often. Also with all the drama that is going on in the English Forum why would the other language forums want any part of the English Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
    Also with all the drama that is going on in the English Forum why would the other language forums want any part of the English Forum.
    Ha ha I think you hit the nail on the head Señor Villa ;-)

Brent I don't want to say to much to you because I see a different attitude in you and I don't want to disrupt that. Guys it's ok to make suggestions and request changes, it's actually good for the community to get involved in this. But to demand it and get all pissy about it because things aren't done in a time manner that you think is correct is a bit childish, among other things. In any case the final say comes from the owner, not from the mods or it's members for that matter. Anyways, I've said all I have to say about this I think, best wishes to all I'm not one that holds grudges and good luck to Rick with this site...
    Last edited by Jess; 9th August 2009 at 18:40.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Owner & Admin Administrator Riccardo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello Guys, I agree with you about changes!!!

First of all, it was a nightmare for me to get ppl to do stuff for the fanpage, as I coudl only give a few access and moderator or admins rights. I had to and have to run after people to update news and translate.

T
    hat was one of the biggest issues for me loosing interest in updating anything AT ALL!!

I love the Idea of merging Fanpage and Forum?

There is 2 MAJOR THINGS to consider.. WHat about the massive Databases of Press Articles and Lyrics etc etc and all these different languages?

=> Maybe we could leave all the databases and merge only static content from fanpage to forum?

AND I DO NEED PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO DESIGN and HELP ME MERGING FANPAGE (Transferring content etc..)

Gimme some good ideas and try to keep posts short and simple, im really short on time.

Cheers guys

Blog Entries

Added the Mood - Addon!!! Hope u like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    Added the Mood - Addon!!! Hope u like it!
    Welcome back Riccardo .. I really it .. some addition to this forum

Blog Entries

ADDED CHATBOX!!!!

Maybe u guys can look into those 2 addons? Arcade games or stuff like that:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=shoutbox

or check this rating, experience addon:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199556

By the way I added options to add a better Facebook and Myspace link to ur profile. Will remove the old facebook one later...

?

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan FanPage Staff
    Moderator (EN)

I'm getting to like this chatbox, another good way of communicating with people. The mood indicator also seems quite good too, although ie7 don't seem to like it.
    C'est pas ma faute j'aime Alizée

Lili's Cook/Lawyer/Hacker VIP / Donator IceGuru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
    I'm getting to like this chatbox, another good way of communicating with people. The mood indicator also seems quite good too, although ie7 don't seem to like it.
    IE7 fails Opera 10 FTW

YES get the experience one
    Last edited by Orion; 26th August 2009 at 04:27.
    BTC - 1KU5C5EFjxrn3xjreeUrXRN1N5ofXayyyf

the chatbox is awesome

By PSL