Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum "suggestion box"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I don't know, you were the one with concerns about things getting too lively.
    yeah isnt it? think more about it.
    and stuff like fanpage you dont have any ideas or would say what you would think about that hm?

Banned FanPage Staff

it is very possible to host all the information through links from the forum and do away with the fanpage and store the other sites within the forum. ive seen it done with my past fanships and current fanships. there isn't much of a reason to keep them all seperated. the fanpage has a system that is really hard to navigate how it is.

i agree alizee italia has been a lot more of a success.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    it is very possible to host all the information through links from the forum and do away with the fanpage and store the other sites within the forum. ive seen it done with my past fanships and current fanships. there isn't much of a reason to keep them all seperated. the fanpage has a system that is really hard to navigate how it is.

true true.

Yeah, Alizée Italia is one of the best fan pages.

Banned

this place needs a better layout plain and simple... it looks horrible.... even the banner which i made wasn't even intended to be the banner it was a wallpaper... but ricc wanted it... i've told him before about this issue.. this place needs to be appealing like this and even then it would still need more help... it wouldnt even have to be as extreme as that site but anything is better then what we have now...the old forums and layout was soooo much better and appealing... here is an old screenshot for those who were not around before...

Last edited by Z3R0; 7th August 2009 at 23:33.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Alright!!!!!!!!!!

suddenly my imaginary ulcer, about to become real, is going away TAHNKS to you guys and participating in this thread! That's all there is to it guys . . a simple word. and NO Z3RO you don't have to leave before trying to make the place better a bit . . just to try it out in a different way, is better than sayonara

When I see you guys pitching in, it makes me say you guys rock! This is what I was talking about. It's our forum, and not the staff's we are all members here.

anyhoo, I like the idea of some simple add ons. we could have one in each fourm section, as already mentioned, and the colours are the easiest thing to change, but keep in mind that not everybody will like the changes, SO . . that means that if the mewmebrs get to decide what they want for the forum, a GOOD PERCENTAGE of them have to agree to the changes or it isn't fair.

I have already come up with some new things, before this fiasco, getting ready for Sept/Fall . . . I will make a good report by MOnday and post it here and go from there . . just simple stuff for new members I was working on ( hopefully Jung will like it ), and some other stuff for the current members . . . becausew contrary to what seems to be popular beliefe of some sort, I ALSO hate the silenbce here right now . . especailly because I have been here since '03, and even having gone through other slow periods, it;'s never fun to argue instead of helping the right way.

peace.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Lili's Cook/Lawyer/Hacker VIP / Donator IceGuru's Avatar

A thanks button below post to thank the user for that post and the people whoe thanked would show up under the post and the amount of times you have been thanked would show up under your avatar.

A mood app were we can on the first page change our mood and again show up under our avatar.

????
    BTC - 1KU5C5EFjxrn3xjreeUrXRN1N5ofXayyyf

Whale Shark VIP / Donator daedric's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there a max amount of differant colors that can be used or is it unlimited?

Might I suggest we use some of lili's favorite colors?

A thanks button below post to thank the user for that post and the people whoe thanked would show up under the post and the amount of times you have been thanked would show up under your avatar.

A mood app were we can on the first page change our mood and again show up under our avatar.
    The I like the first one, but I think the mood app is a little overkill.
    Last edited by daedric; 8th August 2009 at 01:40.

Banned FanPage Staff

well orion all i can say is this kind of thread is what i was meaning by "you werent listening". im happy as can be now. i think we ultimately want the same things

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daedric View Post
    Like M'ALIZEE said, it would be some what troublesome as well with all the different languages.
    it works out fine for Oh-Yelle.com which is an international forum with many languages too and will soon work on a Melissa Mars site

The Last One Standing Señor Villa's Avatar

^ Some good ideas. Here are my suggestions:

Eliminate post counts maybe will help keep posts from being too mundane or repetitive.

For members that have been here starting at 1 year maybe have a special seal under their avatar like i.e. an Alizée face saying been a fan at Alizée Forum for one year. Then each year after something Alizée related under their avatar.

Mods and Admins create a Welcome to the Forum PM to New Registers of AF so new fans feel like they are warmly welcomed and recognized.

Create a small bio section that Members, Mods, and Admins can share a little bit about themselves so we can be more connected to each other. Maybe a small blurp of that where the signatures goes if possible.

Just some ideas that popped in my head, maybe more to come when my mind is fresh

Hope you guys don't mind me buttin' in with some of my own humble opinions.

As much as I hate to sound egocentric, I think the division of the forum by languages does more harm than good. I know the reasons for doing it, but most "international" fan forums and websites are english exclusive. I know that sounds biased (believe me, I've used the French sub-forum years ago to brush up on my French which I found to be very helpful), but ultimately, it separates and isolates the members. There were so many times when I saw somebody post in the english forum for the first time with thousands of posts, yet had no idea who they were since almost all of their posts were made in another sub-forum that I don't check. Who knows, there might be some good discussions going on in the Russian forum for example, but because I don't know Russian (only the alphabet), I don't have a clue.

Also, as we have seen time and time again, most people who speak German or Russian, or whatever, already know English as well. I know it may seem unfair to force them to speak only in English, but by combining all the sub-forums and making one single English speaking forum, it would go a long way in helping bring some better cohesion with the members which in turn helps with the overall feeling of the forum. Just think of all the members that we can get acquainted with, it would be like joining the forum for the first time.

Keeping things simple not only has an aesthetic appeal to things (such as navigating a forum or website), but it also makes things that much easier to manage!

Moving on now, the forum itself needs updating as some have already suggested. In this day and age, if you don't keep up with the trends, people lose interest very fast. There are a whole set of "Web 2.0" applications and techniques that are not fully being used and/or exploited by this forum. Some of them include (but are not limited to): The ability to add themes/colors to the forum and allow individual people to choose their style preferences or settings in their User Control Panel, or the better integration of CSS coding of the site to make it more aesthetically pleasing and easier to manage, valid XHTML coding (there are various validators out there which can verify the coding of websites to ensure that they are compatible across all platforms and web browsers), and the list goes on and on. The administrators and/or mods might not feel comfortable allowing some obscure member help with the coding of the website (I still remember the hacker that we had on here years ago), but in the interest of "saving" this place, drastic times call for drastic measures. Either bite the bullet and really allow people the opportunity to change things around, or at least invest into the website a couple hundreds of dollars and let a professional do it for you. I know it's not a popular idea (especially with the state of the global economy), but if you think about all the money Riccardo already put into this website, it would be pennies to the dollar. Not to mention that he would probably make all of his money back through proper advertisement integration, more traffic, etc.

Keeping with the update of the forum, the gallery needs some serious updating. There are so many nice flash/CSS based galleries out there (most of them free!) that there is no excuse for not having it updated almost every year with the latest and greatest features! It would make navigation easier, as well as giving an appealing feel to the website instead of those old and out-dated HTML tables (argh!).

Finally, the fanpage, forum, and gallery need to be integrated together! I don't know why it would be so hard to download the WordPress [blogging] software for example and theme the forum in the same style as the fanpage. Then add a nice flash or CSS gallery, and you're done. Also, maybe have subdomains such as "alizee-fanpage.com/forum" would be more useful than "www.alizee-forum.com", and the rest of the domains. Not only would that save money for Riccardo by managing only one domain, but the people that discover the fanpage (since its still ranked high on the Google hit list for "Alizee") could easily see that we have a nice forum that they can become members of. Or maybe reinvent the entire website by having a new domain and a new name, I don't know. Maybe something like AlizeeFan.com, you know, something more simple with no dashes or anything. Alizeefan is for sale apparently BTW (I have no affiliation with the site just so you know). Anyway, it's just an idea, I'm not 100% on it though. Maybe other people are more creative than me and can come up with a better branding and theme/style. But we must at least be open to the idea of reinventing ourselves completely.

Those are some quick suggestions off of the top of my head. Hope this helps, and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

PS - Maybe create a YouTube channel with news/rumours/gossip about Alizee, etc. YouTube is a great way to attract new members. This of course would be limited to only the most dedicated members who not only know how to make nice videos, but would be aware that they are essentially representing a business, AF is Riccardo's project after all.

PPS - Also, I know this is an Alizee forum, but I have discovered many great Frech artists through this site (i.e. Jenifer Bartoli, Nolween Leroy, etc.). Having a sub-division of the forum for those kind of artists might be beneficial (i.e. "Other French Lolitas" or whatever). There would be plenty of room to do so with the integration of an English only forum, but I'm not so sure about this one. Just throwing it out there to get feedback from you guys, the members as well as the administrators.
    Last edited by Aram; 8th August 2009 at 05:14.

Blog Entries

For members that have been here starting at 1 year maybe have a special seal under their avatar like i.e. an Alizée face saying been a fan at Alizée Forum for one year. Then each year after something Alizée related under their avatar.
    Thats no bad, I like it.

Create a small bio section that Members, Mods, and Admins can share a little bit about themselves so we can be more connected to each other. Maybe a small blurp of that where the signatures goes if possible.
    I also like that.
    -------------------------------------------

I want to support my chat box idea a little more. Like today I donated to the forum for the fist time and I feel good about, I could was space with a new thread. Or I could say it in the shout box.
    See, dosent that sound like a better alternative.
    Last edited by daedric; 8th August 2009 at 08:13.

Lili's Cook/Lawyer/Hacker VIP / Donator IceGuru's Avatar

I like those not the removing post count but the others.
    BTC - 1KU5C5EFjxrn3xjreeUrXRN1N5ofXayyyf

Banned FanPage Staff

well a soultion to the post count problem would be to just make an extended minimum words to post. also maybe just make the words per post visible, i dont think its needed though.

i think aram has some of the best points, especially taking away the fanpage and intergrating it into the forum, i think every new site does that anyways.

the english only part is huge, but it is actually very valuable. all the other international sites i have ever seen have been 100% english. this ensures lots of people mingle and they all see what the others are talking about. meaning more alizee discussion, more posts, more people meeting eachother, and more than likely longer and more in depth conversation.

Blog Entries

Yea, those are good points.

Loup des steppes VIP / Donator Fenris's Avatar

Putting the different language forums into one english forum is a fascinating idea...it really would combine the rather isolated islands we have now into ONE community!

Maybe we should start a poll in the sub forums to check if this idea would be welcomed by the polish, russian, spanish ect. fans?
    I guess most of them speak english too, but it would be nice to ask them first

I also like the idea of a "thank you button" for posts, it would give an incentive for quality posts rather than quantity (post count).

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

I don't like the idea to put all sub-forums together to create just one english section...

you think that all these sub forums isolated members I think that it's very good that members can discuss in her mother tongue too..

The international ambience makes this forum special! I like AlizeeAmerica and Lillytownusa too but first of all it I joined the AF because of the german section where I started and than later I became active in the english one too... if we would change that we would delete a really special characteristic of the AF and I guess I lot of members would leave or stopp posting 'cause they aren't good in english...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Banned FanPage Staff

yeah but it is just old fashioned to do so, i've posted in their forums before, they've posted in the english.

it is just regular to have an all english forum, because people would have to all discuss the same topics and no good topics would go unseen. the biggest international fanboards in the world are all english, and the singer is of course not english, or even english speaking most of the time.

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

yeah but it is just old fashioned to do so, i've posted in their forums before, they've posted in the english.

it is just regular to have an all english forum, because people would have to all discuss the same topics and no good topics would go unseen. the biggest international fanboards in the world are all english, and the singer is of course not english, or even english speaking most of the time.
    I don' see why this should be old fashioned.... and you say it's regular to have an all english forum - so we should changed into sth average sth not special? Or like I would express in german - in sth 08/15?

and as I said before it would be very unfair to fans who don't know english or don't speak it well...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/