Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Lili Stuff 10

Lili was listed on top100 songs of the decade chart of ENGLISH radio channel. Moi Lolita reached 41st place there :

http://songofthedecade.com/chart.php

http://songofthedecade.com/song/Alizee/Moi...+Lolita

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Well considering what it did for French music, I think it should be much higher than that. . . It's getting no respect as far as importance within the music industry business goes. . .

http://songofthedecade.com/song/Alizee/Moi...+Lolita
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan FanPage Staff
    Moderator (EN)

I guess this is the best place for this. Although it is not too "News-Worthy" some may be interested in it. Whilst searching for something I came across this report that I had found when searching for any Alizée media articles from England (but forgot to post here). Now this is a blast from the past, it is a article that appeared in "The Times" (an English broadsheet newspaper) in January 2002, a few weeks before Moi Lolita was released in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by The Times 11th January 2002
    A little of what the French fancy

Alizee is the latest nymphette in a long line of Lolitas to emerge from a French music industry heavily obsessed with young
    girls. Nick Kent blames Maurice Chevalier.

France finally broadcast its very own PopStars TV marathon this winter with five homegrown fillies plucked from provincial obscurity via countless humiliating auditions and thrown together to primp, pose and coo like a cross-Channel Spice Girls. L5 have just sold more than two millions copies of their first single but the smart money says that they'll be looking for alternative career options a year from now. Let's face it: one of these bright young things is all of 29 years of age which in pop terms makes her old enough to understudy for Joan Collins.

Little has changed within the national French libido since the country's beloved Nazi collaborator Maurice Chevalier first doffed his straw-hat and unctuously gurgled "Thank heavens for little girls"into a microphone more than 50 years ago. The first commandment of French pop has always been that seedy-looking male songwriters and advanced-in-years producers need to procure innocent voiced pliable young girls about to become adolescents and turn them into simpering Lolitas in the recording studio if they want to reap the benefits of chart success in their own country.

This long-held tradition was employed most memorably by Serge Gainsbourg who in 1967 hoodwinked a not especially-bright France Gall into recording an innuendo-riddled composition of his entitled Annie Aime les Sucettes in which she ended up breathlessly eulogising the joys of performing oral sex. The song was a huge hit and Gall managed to wangle a successful singing career for herself in France that continues to this day.

Then in the Seventies a bunch of music industry outsiders including Jacques Duvall and Jay Alanski found a Belgium-based 17-year-old sexpot known as Lio and got her to record a song they'd created called Banana Split which drew unsubtle lyrical parallels between whipped cream and certain male bodily fluids. Result: millions of records sold and Lio embarks on a precarious career tangent that takes in everything from credible movie roles to declaring bankruptcy.The queen bee of the French Lolitas, though, remains Vanessa Paradis, who lit up the Eighties French pop landscape with her flawless, barely pubescent, beauty from the age of 14. Unlike her predecessors, Paradis wasn't so easily manipulated: she even bullied Gainsbourg into rewriting lyrics he'd written for her ("Paradis, c'est l'enfer" -"Paradis, she's hell" was the verdict he gave a journalist not long before his death) and would never let herself get caught living out some dirty old man's fantasies in song, even thoughmost of her early lyrics were written by men old enough to be her grandfathers.

By the end of the Eighties, Paradis had transcended her original context even if it involved briefly taking up with Lenny Kravitz, who created her second global hit Be My Baby. In the late Nineties she went on to beguile the dark prince of Hollywood, Johnny Depp, and the couple quickly started a family. Depp has lately been helping her with her music her most recent album, Bliss, features songs co-written by the pair and even though the latter record has enjoyed the weakest sales figures of her career, she still has an acting career based in France that goes from strength to strength.Today the French music industry continues to scour the country for sweet young things able to keep step with the new generation of Britneys and Billie Pipers. In the new millennium there has been a media avalanche of barely pubescent girls squeakily crooning sweet nothings over a series of bland computerised musical backdrops. These girls have all been assigned "easy to remember" single names, such as Lorie, Cylia or Priscilla, as though adding surnames would somehow overtax their audience's attention spans. Most have got their 15 minutes of fickle fame and not much else.

Only a 17-year-old, Alizee, a native of Ajaccio in Corsica, has managed to create something potentially more lasting with her juvenile talent. There is currently a bit of a buzz going around Europe concerning this young woman. Even regions of America are responding well to early broadcasts of her debut single Moi...Lolita(she recently won a DMX music award in the States for "Best International Hit") as well as tracks from Gourmandises, her first album.

Alizee is the protegee of one of France's most successful female singers, Mylene Farmer, and Farmer's own mentor, Laurent Boutonnat, who produces and writes the music for both women (Farmer writes Alizee's lyrics). Imagine a Pet Shop Boys album with Neil Tennant' s vocals replaced by those of a fresh-voiced wood-nymphette chanteuse and you'll get at least some idea of what Gourmandises sounds like.One track in particular L'Alize is so addictive it will make your fillings drop out. More than a million copies sold in France with folks in England and the US already dubbing her "the new Vanessa Paradis". It's a lot for a 17-year-old to take in.

And, as one of France's best loved and most dynamic entertainers,Claude Francois a preposterous blond haired amalgamation of soulicon James Brown and talkshow host Alan Partridge who died in 1978 after trying to change an electric light-bulb while standing in a bath of hot water (according to the official story) would surely say,were he still among us: the road of French pop stardom is fraught with many treacherous twists and turns.

Will Alizee remain creatively tied to her mentors Farmer and Boutonnat or will she break free and follow George Michael's trajectory from teen-pop servitude to global stardom? Which dream prince awaits her at the end of her path through the labyrinth of fame? "An old wise man well known in Ajaccio told me you get luckythree times in your life. My family has been my first lucky break, my career is my second, and maybe to meet the man of my dreams will be my third one," she confessed in a recent interview for a French Smash Hits-styled periodical.

"At the moment, my biggest fear is that everything could stop tomorrow, but I'm preparing myself for that. Whatever happens, I'll have learnt a lot." Wise words from one so young. Her real name,"Alizee", is French for "a sweet-smelling wind". Rest assured she'll be blowing your way sooner than you think.
    C'est pas ma faute j'aime Alizée

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
    I guess this is the best place for this. Although it is not too "News-Worthy" some may be interested in it. Whilst searching for something I came across this report that I had found when searching for any Alizée media articles from England (but forgot to post here). Now this is a blast from the past, it is a article that appeared in "The Times" (an English broadsheet newspaper) in January 2002, a few weeks before Moi Lolita was released in the UK.
    So much hope and seeming potential back then. Yeah, Alizée knew this is a fickle business. It must have been and maybe still is rather difficult to deal with the hopes against the suspicions.

Mega Alizée Fan

I didn't know where to post this. Some time ago, a Romanian guy wrote something on my site. He said like this [this is a translation]:

Creating this site was such a great idea, Dana. I met Alizee by accident. I was working in Belgium when my team and I were called to come and help with the fixing of a stage. After a whole working day, someone appeared to repeat. I was fixing some cables and this little person came to me. She asked me to put a longer cable to her fixed microphone and to increase the sound. She said thanks and she shook my hand and that was all. She started to sing and I really liked her. I wanted to talk to her again later, but I couldn't. There were thousands of people. Since then, i've been listening to her music and I'm so happy that i talked to her and shook her hand.

Alizée Fan

Interesting testimonial, Dana, indeed! Didn't the guy say when and where this meeting has happened?
    Always nice and respectful with all people and staff working for her, this is our Alizée.

Mega Alizée Fan

That was in 2003 or 2004 when she was performing in Belgium and Switzerland.

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan FanPage Staff
    Moderator (EN)

There has been a small report in Mexico by Tabata Jalil (the Alizée lookalike) on the programme "Venga la Alegria". Talks of the new single and speaks to several Mexican fans.

The report can be seen on youtube

There is also a small quiz (in French) on Alizée on MSN Musique
    Last edited by AlphaDevil2; 18th February 2010 at 22:01.
    C'est pas ma faute j'aime Alizée

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

There is also a small quiz (in French) on Alizée on MSN Musique
    cool! Just one fault... I wasn't 100 % sure how much copies of Gourmandises Alizée sold...
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
    cool! Just one fault... I wasn't 100 % sure how much copies of Gourmandises Alizée sold...
    I had 2, sale numbers of Gourm. and ML

But it's easy quiz, even if you don't know any French, you can still guess what they mean without any problem.

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan VIP / Donator Brian01's Avatar

There has been a small report in Mexico by Tabata Jalil (the woman who tried to be an Alizée lookalike) on the programme "Venga la Alegria".
    Just made a tiny correction there.

Thanx for the info bud!

I made no mystakes with the quiz! Too much easy... But it was funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by dana0_7 View Post
    I didn't know where to post this. Some time ago, a Romanian guy wrote something on my site. He said like this [this is a translation]:

Creating this site was such a great idea, Dana. I met Alizee by accident. I was working in Belgium when my team and I were called to come and help with the fixing of a stage. After a whole working day, someone appeared to repeat. I was fixing some cables and this little person came to me. She asked me to put a longer cable to her fixed microphone and to increase the sound. She said thanks and she shook my hand and that was all. She started to sing and I really liked her. I wanted to talk to her again later, but I couldn't. There were thousands of people. Since then, i've been listening to her music and I'm so happy that i talked to her and shook her hand.
    Wow. That's really cool. It's always wonderous to hear such stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky83 View Post
    I made no mystakes with the quiz! Too much easy... But it was funny!!
    Oh yeah, me too. They almost had me there with a couple of them, like the sales figures, but they didn't quite manage to slide anything past.
    And yes, some were funny. My favorites: what's the name of Alizée's second album? (Mes Courants Alternatifs). What can one find in the bath with Alizée? (a grapefruit) (the duck was kind of funny too)
    Last edited by AlphaDevil2; 22nd February 2010 at 11:43. Reason: posts merged

From Facebook:

Alizée: My pals at Institubes just launched their online store... Go check it out! We'll have some Alizée stuff on there soon!
    Mes amis d'Institubes viennent de lancer leur boutique en ligne ! Il y aura très bientôt des exclusivités Alizée...
    http://bit.ly/bKlQ0W

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suppose this is the best place to post this.

Alizée has updated all her friends on her Youtube channel. She has (1247) Friends over there now. Success, Success, Success!

One more thing that might be worth mentioning. It might be a trivial point to some but.. if you love her videos on youtube then rate them! I see her new vid has had 16,131 views yet only 254 ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
    Alizée has updated all her friends on her Youtube channel. She has (1247) Friends over there now. Success, Success, Success!
    It's nice to be in her friendlist and I waited just about 2 years

Alizée Interested

Default TOP 50 Teen Idols on MTV HD

Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Alizée opened a new facebook account called "Melle Alizée Bis"... now all her fans can add her as a friend and leave a lot of comments...

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Melle-Alizee-Bis/1785772061
    29/03/2013
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling

Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
    Alizée opened a new facebook account called "Melle Alizée Bis"... now all her fans can add her as a friend and leave a lot of comments...

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Melle-Alizee-Bis/1785772061
    7 minutes ago.

"merci à tous pour vos messages sur mon mur et en privé! je ne peux malheureusement pas répondre à tout le monde, donc une fois que je les ai lu je clique sur j'aime! ♥ à bientôt"

btw I also invited her in our facebook group and she joined us!
    29/03/2013
    ​​​​​

Like the coolest thing ever