Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Lili Stuff 10

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Default Miscellaneous Lili Stuff 10

Index for Miscellaneous Lili Stuff 10

^Contact a moderator or use the Post Report button so news can be added to the index!

And please remember to keep all comments relevant to the subject! All off-topic discussion will be moved or deleted!

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Previous "Miscellaneous Lili Stuff" threads:

1. 2004-06-06 to 2005-04-17
    2. 2005-04-17 to 2005-10-22
    3. 2005-10-22 to 2006-01-05 (Fall/Winter 2005)
    4. 2006-01-06 to 2006-06-24 (Winter/Spring 2006)
    5. 2006-06-24 to 2006-12-25 (Q3/4 2006)
    6. 2006-12-25 to 2007-04-06 (Q1 2007)
    7. 2007-04-06 to 2007-07-22 (Q2 2007)
    8. 2007-07-30 to 2007-12-15 (Q3/4 2007)
    9. 2008-07-07 to 2009-04-11 (Q1 2009)

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Well, we all know about Alizée Nation: http://alizee-music.blogspot.com
    but here was another interesting blog post review of the famous Alizée: http://divaincarnate.blogspot.com/20...-exposure.html

Alizée Newbie

Thanks very much to Roman for suggesting my blog: I am actually the write of divaincarnate.blogspot.com (unfortunately I miss-spelt my username registering here). My knowledge of Alizee is very limited. My fascination grew two ways: first when Moi Lolita made its mark on the British charts; and secondly after I became aware of Mylene Farmer and made the connection.

I like to think of those two albums as Alizee being Mylene's surrogate Mother as it were. The tracks I talk about in my short review are my favourites, I don't think I left any out apart from 'My Electric Currents' 3rd single. Overall I prefer her debut, but the rich textures of I'm Fed Up and I'm Not Twenty are just overwhelming: I prefer the French version of Fed Up and actually think the English language benefits I'm Not Twenty (especially her delicious pronounciations of 'guy' and 'man' from that unmistakable first bridge).

Anyway, if anyone wants to comment please do so on the blog as it would be great to hear feedback - it's also worth paying attention to the fact that I write my reviews in a tongue-in-cheek sense, but overall I would not be writing if I was not paying tribute to the music I adore in one way or another.

Once again, thanks to Roman for spotting my blog, and hopefully I can come back here and post just as a regular fan. For example, I have yet to hear anything from her third non-Farmer influenced album and am highly curious, but for now I'm in too much of a romance with her first 2 to see what else is out there...

Gordon xx

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum!

[URL="http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19967"]Introduce Yourself Here![/URL]
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

Le dernier souffle FanPage Staff
    Moderator (DE)
    Administrator

I hope it's the right thread for it..

Alizée with an old performance of Moi... Lolita in "Toute la musique qu'on aime" ([I]les premiers succès d'artistes[/I])... nothing new ...

it's from yesterday (TF1) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zibou View Post
    [url=http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/,1601b384728050d2942926b9239c6432.jpg.html][/url]

[B]34s[/B]

[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/262730121/TLMQA-Alizee-Moi_Lolita....French-HDTV-x264-by_Spirit.mkv.html[/url]
    merci à Zibou aka Spirit pour la video!
    Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 2nd August 2009 at 10:30.
    Alizée & Les Enfoirés - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 (videos here)
    29/03/2013
    ...10 ans... fan depuis 2003... fan pour toujours...
    ​​​​​
    "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... the stories we love the best do live in us forever.
    So, whether you come back by page or by big screen - Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J. K. Rowling
    http://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/

Russian Alizee Alliance SoftAlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post

Alizée with an old performance of Moi... Lolita in "Toute la musique qu'on aime" ([I]les premiers succès d'artistes[/I])... nothing new ...

Damp! I'm not running the file in MPC. Other files in the format mkv by Spirit working
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-l-i-z-e-e-R-u/257105260981043"][/URL]

Very nice Thanks Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by SoftAlex View Post
    Damp! I'm not running the file in MPC. Other files in the format mkv by Spirit working
    Strange, I can play it with MPC without any problem, try to download it again, maybe the file is damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post

Oh yeah, I posted about a web article on the same subject in the web articles thread. But a video is of course better.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

Yesterday, Alizéen from Psychalizee-forum reported that JEAm was situated in the 417th position of Mexico's i-tunes charts!

Today, though, I see it at 277 place!

277. J'en ai marre - Alizée
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:50 AM
    [B]J'en ai marre de Alizée [COLOR=Red]del álbum Tout Alizée, vol. 1

[COLOR=black]edit:[/COLOR] and moving up ^
    [/COLOR][/B]
    Last edited by Orion; 19th August 2009 at 16:19.
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

Default Clearstream trial of the decade

What's this? Alizée along with a bunch of others was essentially falsely accused of what amounts to tax evasion?
    [URL]http://www.latribune.fr/actualites/politique/affaire-clearstream/20090831trib000416454/affaire-clearstream-le-proces-de-la-decennie.html[/URL]

Edit: Oh, is this that anti-Sarkozy thing that happened way back when? -just using famous people to try to get attention? (or whatever that was) Yeah, not news. I guess they still aren't done with that thing.
    Last edited by Roman; 8th September 2009 at 00:28.

VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

I have been a recipient of "Corsica Bullitinu" for . . . ever, and I recently got a bullitin/newsletter with a small section dedicated to "Ajaccio's pop princess!"

. . .an old interview and such, but I was VERY surprised yet hopeful that one day they would mention her!

Quote Originally Posted by Corsica Bullitinu
    [FONT=arial, verdana][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]
    [FONT=arial][B]Alizée - Ajaccio's musical sensation[/B][/FONT]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial][I]We have talked a good deal in this newsletter about Corsica's musicians of yesteryear. But readers may not realise that Corsica has a very current and highly popular music phenomenon in Alizée Jacotey. I am indebted to AW, webmaster of the lively blog [URL="http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102686059368&s=1601&e=0016Rpp1MgPh4-fYBR1VnR2XGsWheXgPM914pNX5C8S5wsxzTbBCIk68-zqqgQwJzCO1cf8Tit_2npqag6T3whPW8IwkrgMdC71-1Qmc2qWS0v9Nk09TREmHC2ebRVf-qlx"]Alizée Nation[/URL] for this intimate account of Ajaccio's pop princess.

[/I]

[B][I]"I talk a lot about nature in my songs because I always think of my land of birth. The island is truly magnificent: one can go to the sea, walk in the mountains and ski on the high mountains"*[/I]

[/B]Ahh, Corsica. The beaches, the mountains, the climate, the people. It's a long list. It is an island of history, beauty and character. From within the maquis there is another gem: Alizée!

[B][I]"Yes, absolutely, I think I was born under a lucky star"(1)[/I]

[/B]Alizée is as interesting as the island itself. If the mysteries of Corsica appeal to you, so then will Alizée. Alizée Jacotey is a French singer born in Ajaccio, Corsica on August 21, 1984. On more then one occasion she has mentioned as to be born under a lucky star. It certainly seems that way.

[B][I]"I'm very fond of my name and it has a story behind it. My parents love windsurfing and chose to call me Alizée after a type of wind of the same name." (1)[/I]

[/B]When sharing Alizée with others it is best to share the story of Alizée. As with Corsica, just one picture of a beach will not do, it deserves more. This name, Alizée is as good a starting point as any. "Alizé" is the name of trade winds that blow over the Mediterranean and Alizée is the femine form of that word. A unique name. According to the web site "Behind The Name" Alizée was ranked as No. 93 for feminine baby names in Belgium in 2001. An obvious spike caused by the Alizée sensation at that time.

[B][I]"My true pleasure in this business is singing before an audience. These are very happy moments. I'm always a little nervous before getting out there, but once I'm on stage I could never stop"(1)[/I]

[/B]The first brush with fame for Alizée came in 1995. At the age of 11 Alizée entered a drawing contest for AOM French Airlines. She won. Her drawing was incorporated onto a real plane and the plane was also named after her. In addition, she and her family won a trip to the Maldives.

Next came [I]Graines de Stars[/I] in 1999. While attending dance school in Ajaccio she tried out for the French television show of that name. The original intention was for Alizée to enter as a dance contestant but the show had no category for individual dance contestants. She then entered as a singer and won the [I]Meilleure Graine[/I] award for most promising young singing star of tomorrow. As fate would have it, Alizée caught the attention of French star Mylène Farmer and musician director Laurent Boutonnat.

Under the guidance of Mylène Farmer Alizée released her first album [I]Gourmandises[/I] in 2000. It was a tremendous success with four singles being released from this album. They were 'Moi, Lolita', 'L'Alize', 'Gourmandises' and 'Parler Tout Bas'. This success was followed by another with the release of her second album [I]Mes Courants ?lectriques[/I]. Three very popular singles from this album were 'J'en Ai Marre', 'J'ai Pas Vingt Ans' and '? Contre-Courant'. The third album was [I]En Concert[/I], which consisted of live performances of Alizée on tour.

[B][I]"I'm very shy and reserved. But I'm also generous and very stubborn. It seems that I always have to be right in everything"(1)[/I]

[/B]In the midst of all this success Alizée married Jérémy Chatelain, a fellow performer, on November 6, 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is where Alizée gets fun and interesting. At the end of the [I]En Concert[/I] tour Alizée went on a four year break from public life. Alizée is an extremely private person, time away from the public is not uncommon. Her personality reflects her Corsican background, independent and private. Personal life and family are her top priorities. During her hiatus, Alizée and Jérémy had a daughter, born April 29, 2005.

2007 brought an end to the hiatus with the introduction her album, [I]Psychédélices[/I]. It was a turning point. Alizée separated from Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat to produce her own sound. It was also a break away from the 'Lolita' character that was prominent under the Mylène era. Two singles were released , 'Mademoiselle Juliette' and 'Fifty-Sixty'.

[B][I]"I was surfing the net and I understood that in Mexico I was very welcome and that in addition, there were people who liked my music"(2)[/I]

[COLOR=Red][I]Psychédélices[/I] went on to be a huge success in Mexico. Alizée then followed that up with a tour in 2008. A new album is in process and is due out late Autumn 2009. It is said to have her first song in Spanish, which will appeal to the large number of her Spanish speaking fans. It has been described as a concept album with references to the model Edie Sedgwick as was the single 'Fifty-Sixty' from [I]Psychédélices[/I].

Alizée is a unique individual. She follows her own plan for life. Her appearances are rare, to date in 2009 are her January appearance in [I]Les Enfoires[/I] and an appearance in April at Aguascalientes, Mexico. Her devotion to family supersedes all else. As a result, Alizée has a unique devoted group of fans. These days you can best follow Alizée on [URL="http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102686059368&s=1601&e=0016Rpp1MgPh4-Phw7g4ZG4F8Kb5bMY_7axJC8e4VmM1OtjGB8lUt4FK39_i5MN1 dLxA8wFPRamqofvKCJiutywcQIo17rOIoevybsFWa48yQvCzTc nXAEQIjbjLlxTzr9f"]Twitter[/URL]. For wonderful photographs of Corsica we only need to turn to her Father, [URL="http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102686059368&s=1601&e=0016Rpp1MgPh49F9-_7ofGjUFcLazcVC_biNIH2kKwK0k5CsgF45jOw-RK8PxgVM6jt1jtjRYv1kz69uGUUh8yvfXqM_jguu2wr16t0k4P Q1ULGYHlPCuBQLw=="]Jo Jacotey's blog[/URL] where the photos speak for themselves.

Alizée has signed with the [I]Jive Epic[/I] for the upcoming album. Jive Epic, after being asked about Alizée via their own Twitter account responded "Are the Alizée fans the most devoted ? "(3) and then later to appease the newly crowned most devoted, Jive Epic responded "L'album prévu pour novembre. Tiendrez-vous jusque là ? "(4). November it is![/COLOR] [/B]

(1) [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Soumyasch/Backlog/Alizee_info[/URL]
    (2) [URL]http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404&page=6[/URL]
    (3) [URL]http://twitter.com/Jive_Epic/status/3203422155[/URL]
    (4) [URL]http://twitter.com/Jive_Epic/status/3307287034[/URL]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=arial, verdana][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]
    [FONT=arial]Dear Valentino,[/FONT]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=arial, verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial] Well, another summer is approaching its end, but in case you are already getting post-holiday blues, here is another issue of [I]Corsica Bullitinu[/I], this time with a rather watery theme.

I wanted to share with you an excellent experience we had in June when we went exploring in the Fango (see my picture right, taken from a canoe).

[COLOR=Red][B]We don't often venture into the world of popular music in this newsletter, but I thought it was about time we carried something about Ajaccio's famous young singer, Alizée. I'm not much of a devotee of modern music these days, but I must admit I find her songs very accessible and lyrical.[/B]
    [/COLOR]
    Below, there's a note about a new vegetarian restaurant in the island's capital, and I'm also giving overdue plugs to Corsica's new English Club and Calvi's polyphony festival, of which the latter starts today.

Enjoy the September Bullitinu!

Mac
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by Orion; 22nd September 2009 at 04:10.