Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer/Football Fans Anyone? II

Aimar in Benfica

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan FanPage Staff
    Moderator (EN)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    oh man, i think ronaldinho has lost a lot of quality, not because of his skill

but because too much is demanded from one man, he will prosper when his expectations allow him to play a role more than expected to outshine a team full of superstars
    I'll have to disagree with you there Brent, I think he has lost the quality because his appetite for the game has faded, and other factors such as showbiz and commercial deals has allowed him to take his eyes off the game. Whether Italy is a good move I don't know, I feel he will still be the same, and this is just another "paycheck"

Would have been better if he went to Manchester City and shown some willingness to improve a team and to take a risk

Went to my first pre season friendly tonight, so good to be back, Just seen Defoe miss an empty goal....prob the miss of the season!!!!!!!!!!!
    C'est pas ma faute j'aime Alizée

Banned FanPage Staff

Yeah I see where you can make the observation, and it may be true. But he is still one of the only senior players willing to aid Brasil anymore. Robinho will ALWAYS play for the love of the game, thats a given. Ronaldinho might have had moments, but if he didn't love the game and his country, I think he would have done what the rest chose to do.

Banned FanPage Staff

oh nooo i hope djibril cissé doesnt leave marseille and i hope robinho plays for real madrid forever!

dont do this to me :[ barcelona already did this to me when they took henry

im skeptical on ronaldinho even further now, i will have to watch this season closely to see where his heart is at

Moderator (EN)

Can't believe the football league starts tomorrow, for me its a big day as Exeter play their first game back in the league after a five year absence. Shame I won't be there supporting them, its the longest away trip in the calender. Guess I will have to make do with my radio.

Then on Sunday its the community shield between united and Portsmouth. The "glamour friendly" before the main event kicks off next week. Hopefully that will be a good game although these two teams must be getting sick of playing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
    Went to my first pre season friendly tonight, so good to be back, Just seen Defoe miss an empty goal....prob the miss of the season!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, you are saying I was right for selling him to Manchester City ?

And I always think of Community Shield as of an opportunity to take another trophy, so it is a big game for me!

Moderator (EN)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeka View Post
    So, you are saying I was right for selling him to Manchester City ?
    Well ofcourse then the object of the game was match fitness, wait until he is fighting fit and scoring goals non stop.... you'll regret it then

And I always think of Community Shield as of an opportunity to take another trophy, so it is a big game for me!
    Well yes even if it don't mean nothing in the long run. But for United it is not at an ideal time, with many key players struggling for fitness, If Portsmouth are up for the game it could cause further problems for an already depleted squad.

Well yes even if it don't mean nothing in the long run. But for United it is not at an ideal time, with many key players struggling for fitness, If Portsmouth are up for the game it could cause further problems for an already depleted squad.
    Luckily, we have won it!

Problems with strikers and scoring are evident, but it won't be long before we are back on old tracks. Wait for Rooney to become fully fit and we'll be striking again. This was a good start of the season, one more trophy for our gallery. Also, there are rumors that Berbatov will sign for United in the next 48 hours...

Moderator (EN)

Where are all the regulars who used to post throughout the season, its been dead in here and its now deep into the start of the new season

there are rumors that Berbatov will sign for United in the next 48 hours...
    These rumours still exist, but with the transfer window looming its still not certain, even with Berbatov wishing to leave. This reminds me of the Ronaldo saga, you'll hear Berbatov say in a few days how he wants to stay with Tottenham

Unfortunately it seems Man united have thrown all their eggs into one basket in the hope they can force a deal with Berbatov.

Elsewhere in the Premiership. Arsenal sign Silvestre, and they still need strengthening. Wenger suggests they are strong enough to win the Champions league, but to that I say, not a chance. They are not strong enough in midfield. They can't go out and dominate a game. Fulham comepletely outplayed them on Saturday evening. Chelsea have had a great start to the season, and its been good starts for the new boys Stoke and Hull, ofcourse the question is can they maintain this good start.

1959.8.29--2009.6.25 mjatdublin's Avatar

Im so excited that finally the new season is about to begin,and THE KING IS BACK!!

I miss you most when I realized that I missed you...

Where are all the regulars who used to post throughout the season, its been dead in here and its now deep into the start of the new season
    Since you are complaining, I have to write something .

These rumours still exist, but with the transfer window looming its still not certain, even with Berbatov wishing to leave. This reminds me of the Ronaldo saga, you'll hear Berbatov say in a few days how he wants to stay with Tottenham

Unfortunately it seems Man united have thrown all their eggs into one basket in the hope they can force a deal with Berbatov.
    Honestly, I'm not too keen to see Berbatov at the Old Trafford:

- First of all, we DO need a striker, but we need a very quality striker! In my opinion, Berbatov isn't top class striker and he will never be (although I have to stay reserved about this one because I never had the opportunity to watch so many games involving him. But those that I have watched weren't very... moving). Otherwise he would be playing in some top club by now, not in Tottenham.

- Second, we need a young striker, someone who is very talented and yet has enough patience to stay at the bench and wait for his chance, someone who can learn a lot from Rooney and Tevez. A long term investment. Berbatov is 27 years old, he'll need another year to blend into the system and he will be 28 years old then. Most of the strikers reach their peak until the age of 31, so he would have 3 years of top football at most! Of course, I might be wrong, one can never know, but that's the case with almost every striker. In my opinion, it is better to buy someone young and talented and build a long term solution.

- Third, to give THAT amount of money is insane, especially for an average striker who is approaching to the end of his best footballing years! Especially considering the fact that he would be, most probably, just a replacement for Rooney or Tevez! I mean we are talking about 30 million pounds here, it's not a breakfast-type of money for Christe's sake ! It' much better to add another 20 million pounds and go for Messi or someone like him. Or to offer a lot less for an average backup striker to some other club. I'm sure that United can find someone who is as good as Berbatov. He certainly isn't worth 30 million pounds! 10 maybe, but 30 - no way!

- Fourth, we already have very young and talented striker, Fraizer Campbell, a kid from our school. I watched him in United's first game of the season, and I was impressed with the way he played! He moved extremely well, especially for his age, he wanted the ball, had some great moves, was a constant danger for their goal, had one fantastic chance and reacted very well, but goalkeeper was very lucky to be hit with that ball. And as top of the cream, he is very fast and did great job in defense - he proved himself to be a very good team player who wants to work very hard for his team, which I appreciate very much! In my opinion, it is so much wiser to leave the money in the bank and give kid a chance! Go and invest these 30 million pounds into United's school system, give some money to scouts and educate coaches.

To conclude: I think Berbatov is an average or little better than average player, who is over rated and very expensive. It is better to invest in our school and our kids or to bring someone who is younger and less expensive. And we already have a young striker, so I don't see the real need to spend such amount of money for a backup striker. In my opinion, Berbatov should stay away from Manchester United!

Elsewhere in the Premiership. Arsenal sign Silvestre, and they still need strengthening. Wenger suggests they are strong enough to win the Champions league, but to that I say, not a chance. They are not strong enough in midfield. They can't go out and dominate a game. Fulham comepletely outplayed them on Saturday evening.
    I agree. Who did they sell this year? I forgot.

Anyway, I was very surprised to see Silvestre leaving. And very sad. He was a loyal servant for Manchester United for nine years, and he deserved to stay in the club. It came as a huge surprise to me, and I think this is a big gamble by Sir Alex Ferguson (looking at the decision in short terms of time), especially because we don't have another quality left back at the moment, except Evra of course. John O'Shea can play as left back, but he is too slow and not as good as Silvestre. Silvestre most probably wanted to leave because he realized he wouldn't be first team regular and he is 31 years old, so he needed another challenge and a team where he will be a starter.

On the other hand, that was a reasonable decision. We will never get more money for him than this year because he is getting older and older every year. Another good thing is that Silvestre deserved to be treated in the best possible way, and if he wanted to go, then that was the right thing to let him to do so! Plus we have young Da Silva as left back and Sir Alex already said couple of times this season that he and his brother are very talented and they could be the future of our club. So it is reasonable to sell Silvestre in order to make some space for the youngsters.

However, I think we can be in big trouble if we get injury crysis as the one we had 2 seasons ago. If Evra gets injured for a longer period, we are left with no first class left full back, so that can be a problem. But looking at it as a long term solution, it might be a good idea.

Now, how much Silvestre will play in Arsenal - that's another question. I think he will be first team regular because he can play equally good both as left back and central defender. I think Wenger was wrong for selling some players this year. But hey, that's their problem.

Chelsea have had a great start to the season
    Yes, unfortunatelly. They are much stronger than last year - they have better coach, they brought in Deco and some other players and they are trophy-thirsty. So they must be treated with every respect.

As for Liverpool, they are better this season too. They will be serious threat to others, and if Manchester and Chelsea slip or have any kind of crysis during the season, Liverpool could be there to use the best out of it. But I still think they are weaker than Manchester United and Chelsea.

Finally, I once again see only two big candidates for Premier League trophy this season: Manchester United and Chelsea. However, this season will be harder than the last one because other teams are better than last season and more experienced, while Manchester players have to find another motive to work twice as hard as last year if they want to keep their trophy.

As for Shevchenko - I'm glad he returned to Milan. He spend his best years there. It will be Milan VS Inter race in the Italian Calco this year, that's for sure. Roma and Juventus are waiting in the shadow, but in my opinion, nothing more than that. It will be interesting to see how Milan will act with all the stars in the team: Ronaldinho, Kaka, Shevchenko, Maldini.... I'd say they have quality, but too many players who are not interested in defensive work and some who are very old (although legendary Paolo Maldini is never too old, he is proving it every season ).

And finally, I can't go without mentioning that two Fenerbahce - Partizan qualification games for Champions League were pure rip off ! That was robbery in every possible term of that word! Referees completely destroyed Serbian's champion Partizan! In first game in Belgarde Fenerbahce was awarded a dubious penalty by a Scottish referee. There certainly was a contact, but that was too harsh, especially from a Scottish referee who almost certainly would never point at spot in Scottland for a contact like that! And their second goal was from offside, which was proven by slow motion replay! The game ended 2-2. The second game was played tonight in Istanbul, Fenerbahce was leading 2:0, and Partizan scored a goal (or should I say it was an own goal), but referee cancelled it because of offside, and it certainly wasn't!!!!! Replay proved them to be wrong! But what we have from that? The game ended up with 2-1 for them because later we scored a free kick goal, and with the cancelled one, it would have been 2-2! Partizan was heavily robbed by referees - total amount of THREE (3!!!!) goals!

UEFA should be ashamed of this! Fenerbahce simply had to go to the next round by every possible means... We never had a fair chance in these two games.
    Last edited by Zeka; 27th August 2008 at 23:45.

With the Champions League groups now decided, as a Liverpool fan, I'm a bit nervous with who we've got, but none the less looks like it going to be a good competition.

Group A
    Chelsea
    Roma
    Bordeaux
    CFR Cluj

Group B
    Inter Milan
    Werder Bremen
    Panathinaikos
    Anorthosis Famagusta

Group C
    Barcelona
    Sporting Lisbon
    Basel
    Shakhtar Donetsk

Group D
    Liverpool
    PSV Eindhoven
    Marseille
    Atletico Madrid

Group E
    Man Utd
    Villarreal
    Celtic
    Aalborg

Group F
    Lyon
    Bayern Munich
    Steaua Bucharest
    Fiorentina

Group G
    Arsenal
    Porto
    Fenerbahce
    Dynamo Kiev

Group H
    Real Madrid
    Juventus
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Bate Borisov

Lost in the Echo VIP / Donator PSL's Avatar

PSV in the group of death again

My 2 loves of my life.

Charlotte : Born on June 2nd 2012 <3
    Hailey : Born on May 4th 2014 <3

Moderator (EN)

Quote Originally Posted by mjatdublin View Post
    Im so excited that finally the new season is about to begin,and THE KING IS BACK!!
    Are you not concerned that he may have lost his form since he has been with Chelsea?

- First of all, we DO need a striker, but we need a very quality striker! In my opinion, Berbatov isn't top class striker and he will never be (although I have to stay reserved about this one because I never had the opportunity to watch so many games involving him.
    I agree he is not in the "Elite" class, however he does have something I feel Man U do lack and that is an out and out goal scorer. We have Rooney/Tevez but I would to see someone with a bit different talent. Perhaps in the shape of Nilsterooy (yeah I know you hate the way we played with him in the side) but if we can have someone like him in our squad, without changing the teams style and tactics that would add another string to our bow.

to give THAT amount of money is insane, I mean we are talking about 30 million pounds here, it's not a breakfast-type of money for Christe's sake !
    Eventhough Chelsea have just writen off that amount with Shevchenko (Although Kenyon won't admit it), it is a lot of money and can really only be legitimised if it would guarentee to further improve us and win trophies.

It' much better to add another 20 million pounds and go for Messi or someone like him
    Not sure that would be a great idea. For me there be too many cooks, too much flair, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Messi, all playing together, would be interesting though

Fraizer Campbell, a kid from our school. I watched him in United's first game of the season, and I was impressed with the way he played! He moved extremely well, especially for his age, he wanted the ball, had some great moves, was a constant danger for their goal, had one fantastic chance and reacted very well, but goalkeeper was very lucky to be hit with that ball. And as top of the cream, he is very fast and did great job in defense - he proved himself to be a very good team player who wants to work very hard for his team, which I appreciate very much!
    I didn't get around to seeing that game due to drink, missed half of it and then I watched the rest in a blur, so I can't really comment on that game. However he was up at Hull in the Championship last year and they treat him like a messiah. He came on at in the England under 21's at the KC Stadium (Hulls ground) and he got a great reception. They did want him back there this season, but Alex has so far been reluctant. Although I have heard if United do sign him then he may return to Hull on either a Loan or a transfer.

I don't feel that Alex is prepared to use him that much this year if he can help it. Unlike Wenger, he won't test them (except in the Carling cup) unless he feels they are fully ready

Berbatov should stay away from Manchester United!
    Well IMHO opinion we do need someone. Tevez, Rooney and poss Frazier Campbell are not enough (I don't include Ronaldo he is more effective on the wing) Dong Fangzhuo has just been released and although Manucho has been granted a Work permit he is still a relative unknown quantity, as for Saha he is always injured! EDIT and off to Everton...

I agree. Who did they sell this year? I forgot.
    Well they have sold Hleb, Gilberto Silva and Flamini from the Midfield. Fabregas has only just returned from injury. Replacement wise they have only brought in Nasri and Ramsey, neither of which are "break up the play" players who will protect and do the simple stuff that Flamini and Gilberto did

Now, how much Silvestre will play in Arsenal - that's another question. I think he will be first team regular because he can play equally good both as left back and central defender.
    I would like to see him play a fair few games (and now that Senderos is on loan in Italy, it looks more likely), on the mere fact that although he was loyal he had moments when he would lack concentration and made errors at crucial moments. As a first XI player I don't particularly rate Mickey

Finally, I once again see only two big candidates for Premier League trophy this season: Manchester United and Chelsea. However, this season will be harder than the last one because other teams are better than last season and more experienced, while Manchester players have to find another motive to work twice as hard as last year if they want to keep their trophy.
    I pretty much agree, Chelsea will have the bit between their teeth after the penalty loss in the European Champions league last May.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    With the Champions League groups now decided, as a Liverpool fan, I'm a bit nervous with who we've got, but none the less looks like it going to be a good competition.
    Yes Liverpools group does look the toughest draw possible for you, you really need to pick your game up, last night you guys were poor (as you was in the first leg). Hopefully that will be your wake up call.
    Last edited by AlphaDevil2; 29th August 2008 at 13:29. Reason: Changed after Saha offer accepted

Banned FanPage Staff

Marseille is winning so far !

I hope Arsenal can pull it out over the stretch.

Moderator (EN)

Well it looks like the large Hadron Collider is working well. We have actually entered a parallel universe where England are good at football.

Was a great night in Zagreb, Croatia have never lost a competitive match there and England destroyed them.

What a night, will probably post a bit more about it tomorrow when I find out whether this is real or whether the earth did implode today and I am dreaming!

Banned FanPage Staff

robinho scores so soon in the premiere league hahaha, but too bad they had to play the best team (imo)

Alizero para los amigos VIP / Donator AlizéeSuperFan's Avatar

Question Champions League. French TV

Hi!

I will go to Le Grand Rex Concert, so I'll be in Paris from October 21st to 25th. Well, the issue is that I'm a Real Madrid fan and I want to watch the Champions League match Juventus-Real (Oct. 21st).

Do you know how could I watch that match in France?

I saw [here] that Canal+ and TF1 have the rigths to broadcast the tournament, but I'm not sure if they broadcast full live matches or if they just show summaries of each game. I guess that Ol.Lyon match will be broadcast by TF1, which is a free channel (Ol.Marseille and Bordeaux plays on October 22nd).

Are there Irish pubs where there broadcast all matches?? (Here, in Spain, they are very common )

Thank you!

PS: on october 18th I'll be in Netherlands. Does anyone know where could I watch Spanish league matches? xD

1959.8.29--2009.6.25 mjatdublin's Avatar

Milan 1:0 Inter

Need I say more? I was up all night replaying the match in my head,wow!!

Last edited by mjatdublin; 29th September 2008 at 16:23.
    I miss you most when I realized that I missed you...

Banned FanPage Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFan View Post
    Hi!

I will go to Le Grand Rex Concert, so I'll be in Paris from October 21st to 25th. Well, the issue is that I'm a Real Madrid fan and I want to watch the Champions League match Juventus-Real (Oct. 21st).

Do you know how could I watch that match in France?

I saw [here] that Canal+ and TF1 have the rigths to broadcast the tournament, but I'm not sure if they broadcast full live matches or if they just show summaries of each game. I guess that Ol.Lyon match will be broadcast by TF1, which is a free channel (Ol.Marseille and Bordeaux plays on October 22nd).

Are there Irish pubs where there broadcast all matches?? (Here, in Spain, they are very common )

Thank you!

PS: on october 18th I'll be in Netherlands. Does anyone know where could I watch Spanish league matches? xD
    There are probably more than tons of places you could do this, but obviously go to the one with the most televisions, so you can get more games. And drink up, because I know you will find it.