Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer/Football Fans Anyone? II

Well, it seems that I will have to repeat my posts - it goes something like this:

MANCHESTER UNITED - EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

This was incredible... One day after the final game I'm still so exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Such an incredible game for Manchester United and Chelsea fans!

Once again, congratulations to Sir Alex Ferguson, players, coaches, stuff and everyone else who contributed to the third European Champions title! The team was incredibly good prepared for the game, everything was covered, the lads have been working extremely hard during the whole season, and it all payed off - we have won the double crown!

Sir Alex Ferguson made huge surprise - he put Hargreaves on the right flank, as right midfielder, and I believe Chelsea expected him to play in midfield, so as everyone else did, including me. I thought it was a graphics mistake on TV, but when the game started I saw that he really played as RM (and that we really played 4-4-2, and not 4-5-1 as I thought when I saw the team)! Manchester have opened the game in a very good manner. We have kept the ball, we were patient and we attacked during the whole first half. It was great job, just as I wanted them to play, but we missed some great chances! I still don't know how Tevez and Carrick missed them, or should I say how Chezc saved the shots!! And punishment came in the worst possible moment and in the worst possible way - that ball first deflected from Vidic and then hit Ferdinand in the back, deflecting right towards Lampard !

In the second half Chelsea were better team. We were under the impression of late goal which we conceded (and it really wasn't anyone's fault nor some Chelsea's action - simply their goal was a result of pure luck and incredible coincidence, which, in my opinion, shocked players). They have created 2 great chances when Drogba and Lampard hit the posts. However, we were able to recover during extra time, and once again Chelsea were very lucky when Terry deflected Giggs's shot from the goal line! That was incredible, I still have no idea how he did it! He was moving in one direction, the ball in another, and he still made the clearance! Then Drogba once again showed what a "sportsman" he is - he slapped Vidic with no reason and got a deserved red card! Once a bastard - always a bastard!

And when penalties started I knew it was a lottery. I prayed for us, and I prayed that Chelsea don't win the trophy in that way because it would be sooooo in their manner - using incredible amount of luck, scoring some crappy goals! And when Terry slipped in the fifth series I almost got a heart attack!!! I couldn't believe it - there is a God!!!!! It was destiny, God's will.... Someone from up above decided to reward fans and families of the players who died 50 years ago in Munich crash. Or maybe those were the souls of players who were watching from above... I guess we'll never know. Van Der Sar proved his class by saving Anelka's shot, and that was it!!!! Explosion of emotions, overjoy, happiness....

Anyway, I think we deserved it the most! Not because I'm Manchester United fan, but because numbers speak for themselves - we had 5 incredible chances, they had 2 and they scored the crappiest goal ever! Ball possession was 58% - 42% for us. Plus at the beginning of the penalty shootout we had 9-4-0 score, while they had 6-6-1 in Champions League. Not to mention
    the attacking football and the way we played during the whole season! And not to mention that Chelsea never had any strategy of how to play football and produce players - since Abramovich came they had only one strategy: use all the money to buy everything and everyone! I'm so glad that money can't buy everything!

This was incredible season for us! Season for history! And once again I was right at the beginning of the season when I said that Manchester had the best team and that we would be England champions, and that we had the most chances of winning Champions League. Also, I was perfectly aware of the fact that our main contestants would be Chelsea, and I was right about that too . Man, I'm sooooo good ...

Banned FanPage Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ASU-2006 View Post
    i cant watch soccer from overseas..dont have that package.....but i watch mexican soccer of course...my team is pumas, but atlas and america are doing pretty good in the copa libertadores....
    you can watch euro soccer from america lol

as a matter of fact that game was on american television and it was on the radio too

Lilis No.1 Scottish fan VIP / Donator william hall's Avatar

Just want to congratulate my team Glasgow Rangers on doing the double. They lost the UEFA cup final and the Scottish premier league in successive weeks. They are going for the treble on Sunday, gonna see if they can lose the Scottish cup. Fkin assholes.

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan FanPage Staff
    Moderator (EN)

Quote Originally Posted by mibir View Post

I can understand why some of you may not enjoy Italian football though, it's much more defense orientated and that doesn't always "wow" people. Being a defender myself though (and of Italian heritage), I rather enjoy watching them play, on the few opportunities I get.
    Yeah Italian football always bring back memory of sunday afternoons and Italian football was always on, as there was never much footie on TV (that I could watch being a kid) I always made sure I would watch it. Well I would try but then I would get bored, it would become stale and tatically with focus in midfield. More like a chess game when you compare it to the passion, open and attack minded play in English football for example.

Quote Originally Posted by william hall View Post
    Just want to congratulate my team Glasgow Rangers on doing the double. They lost the UEFA cup final and the Scottish premier league in successive weeks. They are going for the treble on Sunday, gonna see if they can lose the Scottish cup. Fkin assholes.
    Yeah gotta congratulate them on a great season They showed how you can throw away a title when you are almost certain to win it!

And Yep Man united did really well yesterday, it was a great game of football, a showcase event for english football. Got to feel sorry for JT, he embodies the team and with all the money in the world he is one player you can't buy. Anyway celebrations all around!
    C'est pas ma faute j'aime Alizée

Congrats Man Utd
    lurker

Alizée Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    you can watch euro soccer from america lol

as a matter of fact that game was on american television and it was on the radio too
    The Knock-out stages of the Champions League are on ESPN, but there is by no means regular programming that shows even the Premiership. Hell, if I didn't have Digital Cable I wouldn't get FSC which would mean nothing aside from ESPN's rare broadcasts of either Champions League or MLS. Through FSC I get to see a few Premiership/Serie A matches on the weekends. There's a few other channels like Setanta, but none of these channels come with your average cable, you have to pay extra for all of this. My cable provider doesn't even offer Setanta at all. Sure, you can watch European football from America, but it certainly isn't provided the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
    Yeah Italian football always bring back memory of sunday afternoons and Italian football was always on, as there was never much footie on TV (that I could watch being a kid) I always made sure I would watch it. Well I would try but then I would get bored, it would become stale and tatically with focus in midfield. More like a chess game when you compare it to the passion, open and attack minded play in English football for example.
    Man those were the days, use to wake up every saturday 11am to watch highlights and sunday 1pm to 4 for a live game.

Premiership was a lot more end to end stuff, but i sorta fell in love with italian football back then. Many strong teams with Parma with the likes of Fuser,Conceicao,Crespo,Thuram,Cannavaro,Buffon, Lazio with Almeyda,Nedved,Nesta and co, Fiorentina with the wonderful duo of Rui Costa and Batistuta, Juve with Zizou,Del Piero,Conte,Tacchinardi, Ac Milan with Maldini,Weah,Boban,Albertini, Roma with Totti,Candela,Aldair,Cafu and Inter with J.Zanetti,Ronaldo,Vieri,Recoba,Zamorano and then the likes of Signori and Chiesa.

Damn, that brings back a lot of memories. Serie A was really full of a lot of quality back then. Plus James Richardson is a Legend.

Btw after saying all these things about Italian football, i have to tell you lot that i'm a Barcelona fan
    Last edited by O_Maestro; 23rd May 2008 at 01:53.

Banned FanPage Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mibir View Post
    The Knock-out stages of the Champions League are on ESPN, but there is by no means regular programming that shows even the Premiership. Hell, if I didn't have Digital Cable I wouldn't get FSC which would mean nothing aside from ESPN's rare broadcasts of either Champions League or MLS. Through FSC I get to see a few Premiership/Serie A matches on the weekends. There's a few other channels like Setanta, but none of these channels come with your average cable, you have to pay extra for all of this. My cable provider doesn't even offer Setanta at all. Sure, you can watch European football from America, but it certainly isn't provided the way it should be.
    we get all this in birmingham, alabama O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post

Congrats Man Utd
    Lol ! Thanks Ricardo. And thanks to all the guys who previously congratulated on Premier League title (Petsku and everyone else). I have read all the posts, but didn't have time to respond.

Anyway:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ly7QJCT-qk

I found it interesting. Who knows why...?

EDIT:

Oh, oh, this one is waaaaay better:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzkre...eature=related

I especially like the part about Abramovich and Mourinho . I'm ok with the rest of the people mentioned there.
    Last edited by Zeka; 24th May 2008 at 09:53.

so much for Bristol City going from League One to Premiership in 2 years....

Congratulations Hull! 104 years to get to the Premier League....hope they do better than Derby County.

Anyone else watch the Coupe de France final ? PSG were robbed, Armand's goal being wrongly disallowed, Pauleta's volley being cleared off the line, Boumsong's handball which should've been a penalty and then Yepes header hitting the crossbar and then Camara's being cleared off the line.

Still don't know how Lyon won, but i guess that is a sign of a big team. Sucks though i wanted to see Pauleta lift another trophy before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by O_Maestro View Post
    Anyone else watch the Coupe de France final ? PSG were robbed, Armand's goal being wrongly disallowed, Pauleta's volley being cleared off the line, Boumsong's handball which should've been a penalty and then Yepes header hitting the crossbar and then Camara's being cleared off the line.

Still don't know how Lyon won, but i guess that is a sign of a big team. Sucks though i wanted to see Pauleta lift another trophy before he left.
    Seems Pauleta is about to come to Sporting Portugal. Is today on the press

Moderator (EN)

Quote Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
    Congratulations Hull! 104 years to get to the Premier League....hope they do better than Derby County.
    Yes congratulations Hull, they were the biggest city in Europe never to have a football team in the top flight. Now thats changed.

Congratulations to Doncaster Rovers too, were a non league team in 2002, and now they beat Leeds united to get into the championship (the 2nd tier of English football). Nice one boys!

Banned FanPage Staff

peace out drogba, cant wait to see where you go

Moderator (EN)

Well it feels like the season has only just ended, but the countdown to the start of the new season has started.....which is good I'm missing my saturday afternoon fix! Anyway today all the english premiership and league fixtures were announced.

Man united get what could be a tricky start with a game at home against Newcastle. They also get to play Liverpool and Chelsea on consecutive weekends in September.

2 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1959.8.29--2009.6.25 mjatdublin's Avatar

Happy 40th birthday!!!
    I miss you most when I realized that I missed you...

1959.8.29--2009.6.25 mjatdublin's Avatar

RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
    7/15/2008
    AC Milan and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri's club. Tomorrow the player will be in Milan for the medical and to sign the contract which will tie him to Milan until June 30th 2011.
    Last edited by mjatdublin; 16th July 2008 at 04:03.
    I miss you most when I realized that I missed you...

Banned FanPage Staff

oh man, i think ronaldinho has lost a lot of quality, not because of his skill

but because too much is demanded from one man, he will prosper when his expectations allow him to play a role more than expected to outshine a team full of superstars

on another note, allez marseille and go arsenal, nasri went from my favorite team to my 2nd favorite team

In love with Lili !! Alexx89_Rom's Avatar

Wow nice ! Ronaldinho to Milan ! that will be beautiful
    Pour moi , Alizée , tu es une rayonne du soleil qui a conqui mon ame et mon ame est perdu dans la splendeure de ta beaute !!!
    >>>>>>>http://www.freewebs.com/alizee-ro/<<<<<<<

Carlos Queiroz, new Portugal coach