Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donations... read first post for total costs

Owner & Admin Administrator Riccardo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PayBays View Post
    Riccardo you can kick my arse =)

Ein...
    Zwei...
    Drei...

=)
    u better be prepared.. Stick to the topic mate
    By the way, expiry Date of this vBulletin Version is May 01st '09... So I need to purchase that as well.

Banned

What i'm wondering here is, why do you still have to pay 160 euro's a month while the forum is full with advertisements? I mean... what's the whole deal with the adds then when you still need to pay?

Mega Alizée Fan VIP / Donator loveherfromusa's Avatar

Default donation

I don't like to brag, but I donated 50 euros because I want the forum to continue. Stop harassing Riccardo and support him. If he spends the money on beer - who cares? - as long as he continues his work for the forum.
    Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Blog Entries

What i'm wondering here is, why do you still have to pay 160 euro's a month while the forum is full with advertisements? I mean... what's the whole deal with the adds then when you still need to pay?
    I removed some ads since they dont make any money, 1-2 dollars a day when its good...

140 Euros is the server. It's a managed Server since we were hacked like 3-4 times by some idiots in the past years. The Server we had before was 100 euros or so... unmanaged.

We have the biggest international community.. any cheap server and we wil have to upgrade again. Changed server like 3 times.

Since it's managed I have much less to do, security wise. Furthermore Alizee-Fanpage is on it as well. The Gallery too and that uses a lot of bandwidth....

Maybe I should rent a server in the states, due to US-Euro currency but I just don't have time and the Server has been stable...

So yeah, I could risk going to a cheaper version but I don't think anyone woudl benefit from it.

160 is what needs to be paid in total, i will take off my part of the costs from the total price. It's now 140.

In case Alizee will. retire, I hope not, I def will go back as I can't finance this myself....

Banned

Ahh ty Riccardo, I always thought clicking the adds would give you a couple of cents. Cause that's what adds were for right? :-)

Thanks for clearing it up

Blog Entries

Ahh ty Riccardo, I always thought clicking the adds would give you a couple of cents. Cause that's what adds were for right? :-)

Thanks for clearing it up
    The same person always clicking the ads wont work. Google will recognize and ban this IP. It's against Google's rules so this will have no results. So not a good idea. I'm not asking anyone to click on them and never will do...

Banned FanPage Staff

how much do you make per clicked link?

Blog Entries

It really depends. This site doesnt generate a lot. Since it's too general,its a forum. Blogs generate a lot more. Sites about Health, Cancer, Finance generate a lot but really u cant say, sometimes one cent sometimes 20 cent if ur very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    It really depends. This site doesnt generate a lot. Since it's too general,its a forum. Blogs generate a lot more. Sites about Health, Cancer, Finance generate a lot but really u cant say, sometimes one cent sometimes 20 cent if ur very good.
    Well, and this site used to have a lot more traffic; so...

Blog Entries

Definitely true... maybe we should work on a more general forum to finance this :-) Anyone an idea what kind of forum we also need? What if Alizee won't be singing anymore?

What would happen, wel I don't wanna think too much about it...

Banned FanPage Staff

Maybe we need to revamp the forum and just eliminate the inactive sections? maybe broaden the general section?

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

French section will get busier if the French forums don't open up any time soon . . . The Fanpage will also see more traffic . . . Maybe we could just improve what we have instead of adding and subtracting sections. ESPECIALLY prior to, and directly after March

It's no use to shange the forum in any way . . . it has its character that is too powerful after all these years and posts . . and it would be great to link this forum with "The Way I am," maybe.

Don't know abut that, but there could be a good thing there if one forum gets lots of traffic, and the other one benefits later. But I don't want to cause head aches just yet. . .
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

Blog Entries

Hey guys, I've found a great mod, the video database. Check it here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200819

But it only works with vB 3.8 and we are still on 3.7.5 because the skin/theme we are currently running doesnt work on 3.8.

There is a new version of exactly the same theme on www.vbstyles.com ! It is called Element 3.8.1

http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/vbcart...ct&productid=1

It costs about 24 Dollars pand I can't efford it right now since I also have to pay for the vB License which is coming up in march.... So let me know what u guys think, should we stil wait with the upgrade?

I'm also thinking of getting a new gallery...

http://www.photoplog.com/ - I think around around 35 dollars

It has much better vB Integration much easier to administrate.
    What do you guys think?

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan VIP / Donator Brian01's Avatar

check thy PMs Ricc!

Blog Entries

I did thanks mate. I did update the forum with the new skin and vB 3.8.1 :-)

Well, I was going to say it's better to wait on upgrading stuff until you really have the resources. That is, don't do it if it's risky, but it sounds like you already did half of it. ? Anyway, I think this site has pretty good software. I don't care for some sites (software wise) like psychalizee which does not seem to allow one to search within a thread. I also like the post numbers here which make it easy to find a post again (though I wish the email notifications included that), and the ability to "view single post". One other nice feature would be an unsubscribe from this thread option in the thread tools control. But still, I'm not complaining. Stability and integrity I think are the most important things right now, though occassionally changing the Alizée graphic at the top and maybe once or twice a year the color scheme just to keep things fresh would be nice. I wouldn't think those affect any stability right?

What I really mean is don't cause yourself trouble with it. Maybe while not much is happening is a good time to upgrade stuff, but not if you and the sites resources (monetary, personnel) are lacking. By the way, the donation button seems to only be available on the user control panel. It's probably best somewhere at the top on all pages.
    Last edited by Roman; 6th February 2009 at 04:48.

Alizée Interested VIP / Donator fifty_sixty's Avatar

I think the problem is the server price - do you have a dedicated server?
    because 140E its alot and you can get it much cheaper.
    For example try the www.godaddy.com, you can get there unlimited space and transfer for only $12.74/mo if you pay in advance for 3 years.

The dedicated server also much cheaper there and real secure. so don't worry about the hacking issue.

As for the vBulletin it cost $180 once, than $40 for each year.
    So if you going to do that move you can actually pay a total of around only $20/mo or around $50 for dedicated server.

Hopefully it can help

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    I removed some ads since they dont make any money, 1-2 dollars a day when its good...

140 Euros is the server. It's a managed Server since we were hacked like 3-4 times by some idiots in the past years. The Server we had before was 100 euros or so... unmanaged.

We have the biggest international community.. any cheap server and we wil have to upgrade again. Changed server like 3 times.

Since it's managed I have much less to do, security wise. Furthermore Alizee-Fanpage is on it as well. The Gallery too and that uses a lot of bandwidth....

Maybe I should rent a server in the states, due to US-Euro currency but I just don't have time and the Server has been stable...

So yeah, I could risk going to a cheaper version but I don't think anyone woudl benefit from it.

160 is what needs to be paid in total, i will take off my part of the costs from the total price. It's now 140.

In case Alizee will. retire, I hope not, I def will go back as I can't finance this myself....

Blog Entries

Ill stay with this server.... It hasnt caused Problems in years, its a very good cpu and unlimited traffic too.

I can change any settings on this server, I cant do that with the ones I would buy anywhere else... I know they are cheaper but less configurable...

Also... this server is a standalone server and also is managed too. So people take care of it. Another problem with those things u can buy at godaddy and co is u cant do a full backup, including configuration of admin panel, of databases, files etc etc...

Im really happy with this server, never change a running system.

Furthermore, there is no Issues with paying it so far... I was just mentioning the license of the forum which will come up and u guys would like the more integrated gallery.

Its not really about spending 29 dollars on it (gallery) much more about, who is gonna reimport all the pictures etc etc....

Im working, I have loads of things to do. So its more about the intense time I have to spend on things, and time is money... well

I have only time to do it till 14th of Feb, then ill be in Hong Kong for 4 months and won't be able to do as much. Another reason...

Alizée Interested VIP / Donator fifty_sixty's Avatar

^^ Yes. I can definitely agree with you that time is money.
    Ricc I'm an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) so if you need some help with administration issues(like moving stuff,upgrading and so...) while u r in Hong Kong I'll be happy to help.
    Last edited by fifty_sixty; 7th February 2009 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty_sixty View Post
    ^^ Yes. I can definitely agree with you that time is money.
    Ricc I'm an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) so if you need some help with administration issues(like moving stuff,upgrading and so...) while u r in Hong Kong I'll be happy to help.
    Hmm. But what server is it running on anyway? I'd be surprised if it was Windows. Not to discourage you. It's great to hear of people volunteering for stuff!