Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Misc Rumors Thread

我愛Alizée pour toujours! FanPage Staff rbcpr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
    Simon's involved in some group with Jeremy (this video seems to have been taken at one of their events), so I guess they're all friends.
    oh i shouldn't have discussed too much on the internet...
    i was just too eager to know if it's true.
    just when i saw someone got the same information i did i was so happy then i forgot i should keep more privacy for them><

anyway, thanks for removing my links!

There were rumors that one of Alizee's singles would be "divine idol." Could it have been mistaken for Vanessa Paradis new single "Divine Idyll"?

great news thanks guys

Ok, there doesn't seem to be an official discussion thread for the news thread, so, I'll put my reaction to kiouty's post and what followed here:

Quote Originally Posted by sb483 View Post
    kiouty posted this at MF-Int.

KIOUTY'S POST
    Wow. Excuse my English, but that's fucked up. Either it's totally not true and that's a relief, but messed up that either kiouty or this other girl would lie, or more likely it is at least partially true and thus sad. I sure hope she doesn't feel that way, especially that's messed up to diss the old music. It's what we all love and listen to every day. I love everything Alizée has sung in performance including the 3 or 4 songs not written for her. Her presentation, personality, beautiful voice and beautiful looks are all appealing. What she has is either just natural to her and/or something she obviously worked very hard to create. Having said that, as far as her career goes, Mylène and Laurent basically created her. I don't see anything wrong with that and I don't see why anyone would want to deny it, even Alizée herself. Eventually maybe she decided that her style was not the same as Mylène's style and she wanted to move on. Nothing wrong with that. I'd like to think that Lili just thinks of it that way and still appreciates and has fond memories of what came before, but if that's not how she feels, well, there's nothing to say about that. I just hope it isn't really how kiouty reported it.

QUALITY OF SONGS
    I can see how some people might think of some of the material as crappy pop. That's probably partially from not bothering to try to understand the poetic sense of the lyrics or just don't like the music and then there's the "whatever" other reasons. However, to generally classify it as crappy is seriously messed up. If Alizée or Jérém or some other Chatelain thinks that, well, I'll just have to whole heartedly disagree. If they convinced Alizée of that, they suck. She needs to hang out with more fans.

Now, as to the double meanings, yes I have seen some discussions that explain or suggest the possibility of certain "naughty adult" meanings. I see that was intended in some cases at least. I really don't know as I am not French and don't know the language well enough and haven't actually seen enough good translations and discussions of translations to know or make a judgement. I will admit that the wearing of a very short skirt and bending over toward the "lucky" guys on the sides of the stage could be taken as an ingenious marketing ploy/interest generating tactic and the intention seems pretty obvious.

That's one example, however, I also see that once some people have decided that all of Mylène's lyrics have "naughty adult" meanings, they find them one way or another. I work with people who are constantly "talking dirty" and really there's little that can be said that can't be turned into something "dirty". I put this stuff in quotes to indicate that you know what I mean, though I don't necessarily agree with the designation of all this stuff as bad or dirty. I don't want to submit to that judgement out of hand. So, maybe Mylène was aware that most older people would take those lyrics that kiouty mentioned as whatever kiouty is suggesting they mean, maybe Mylène didn't. Either way, as far as my possibly naive perception goes, Alizée seems to have pulled it off without looking slutty. I can't lie, that upskirt video is one of the things that caught my attention when I first discovered Alizée. That doesn't make me a bad person. I also really liked her looks and voice and moves and the music from JEAM and L'alizé, and so on and so forth...

MEANINGS AND LOLITA - I must talk about this at some point
    I read (listened to) the book Lolita and now know what that refers to. I can see why they might be interested in doing something with that theme, though Moi...Lolita the song really does not capture the feeling of the book, though Alizée herself in some ways does. The book has become beloved by many people over the 45 years (now 52) since it was published.

The concept that appeals to me is about love - you'd really have to read the book to the very last word to really get it. Also, it was written in a very witty style, which appeals to many literary types, I think. The fact that it refers to a young girl instead of a mature woman makes it hard to handle sometimes. I think many people could see Mylène's/(Laurent's?) exploitation of it as something bad. It does, however, also touch on a cultural fact, in more ways than one. It seems, therefore, very Mylène in a way. I found it a bit shocking that they'd hand that book to a fifteen year girl and say, 'here we want you to play this up'. I'm sure Alizée did have a hard time getting through the book and I don't know if she really understood it very well. I had a hard time getting through parts of it, partially because I was listening to Jeremy Irons narrate rather than reading it, but largely because the references and the language used is a bit opaque to my generation. I don't know if Nabokov wrote the French version, which I assume is what Alizée read, but even if he did, probably much of it does not translate very well for a girl who was 15 in 2000 and French as the book had so much Americana in it (though it had many short bits in French that I mostly did not understand). All and all, though it is kind of strange and cuts deep in an emotional way if one really gets into it, the song itself was much simpler and more straight-forward. I like the song.

DISAGREEMENTS
    Anyway, I could see Alizée even being mad for a short time about some things, but then reviewing the "big picture", I still think she should be thanking Mylène. I can definitely see how she might want to part with Mylène. Mylène is very eccentric. I don't think Alizée is. It's too bad they couldn't continue to create a "happy medium".

I obviously don't know details about finances, etc., but I do tend to think that contracts would have been reviewed by her parents and so forth. If Mylène was just out to milk a cash cow and leave it dry, I'd think her parents would have had some sense of that, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian01 View Post
    ... my left hand once belonged to Luke Skywalker. ...
    I'm sorry that was just frikkin hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    well, to go as high as Mylène, you'd have to be a bit "princely"

. . . but this is all nothing more than meanigless "mumbo jumbo." And that's why fans get tired out: they pay too much attention to all these snippets poppping up, and they forget that Lili hasn't even spoken yet, except for what we already know from her.

This thread keeps things in perspective . . . "fuck them all."
    Hey, Orion, I thought you weren't going to be so angry and emotional anymore.
    Hey, that's ok, I'll take you just how you are. You keep railing on the lameos and I'll keep showing up once a week or so to comment on an entire thread at once (ok, maybe not in this forum site). Actually, I really need to cut down on that.
    Sorry if this is a double post, but it has nothing to do with my previous post. Delete if you want.
    Last edited by Moco; 18th August 2007 at 22:25. Reason: Please do not double post!

Posted by Amina @AA

hello sorry i post not everyday because i have not computer just my brother.The songs of new album is
    fifty sixty
    l amour insulaire
    idealiser
    psychedelices
    taxi driver
    miss julietta
    lilly town
    l effet
    lonely liste
    never more

i have information by my brother and father,i am just a student and i love mylene f. see you soon
    lurker

:O

trustworthy info?

By PSL

Don't know, it might be false information, that's why I posted it here. But "L'Effet" seems to be true as Snatcher42 posted in the "Latest Lili Stuff" thread...
    lurker

gone with the geostrophic heyamigo's Avatar

probably more trustworthy than those stupid tabloids...

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lilli town has to be my faveourite. Title that is!

About as trustworthy as random guy on the street telling you the song list...

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyytrewq View Post
    Don't know, it might be false information, that's why I posted it here. But "L'Effet" seems to be true as Snatcher42 posted in the "Latest Lili Stuff" thread...
    L'Effet was known before the list was written.
    Last edited by RMJ; 7th September 2007 at 20:58.

gone with the geostrophic heyamigo's Avatar

i really want to listen to psychedelices. it's gonna be the new gourmandises!

^yeah I think so to

psychedelices = psychedelic? o_O

By PSL

psychedelices = psychedelic?
    @maroxx: Hmmm...dunno. I read somewhere around here, that "psychedelices" is an artificial word. Forged together from some words...

Dunno what it's supposed to mean though...

psychédélique + délices probably, sounds like some mushroom gourmandise x)
    lurker

lol, thats what I thought was strange

By PSL

Gourmandises on drugs it is? Lol I dont want to know what the Album will sound like

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    About as trustworthy as random guy on the street telling you the song list...
    Except that Amina has posted things - well, maybe just pictures - that I certainly have not heard as having any other source. So, she established some kind of credibility with that. Although, she then made that whole basis weird by posting the still mysterious Psychédélices photo with the dress which looked like an album cover, then in short time deleted the link saying it was fake.
    She claims she gets her info from her dad and brother. Who are they, I want to know and why are they not the ones posting this stuff?

^ Maybe it's Anny-Lee! Boy she's grown up fast!

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan VIP / Donator Brian01's Avatar

and has a brother! when did that happen!?

Alizée Fan

Quote Originally Posted by maxpoussin at MFIC
    "Tout n'est que comédie pour l'instant!" C'est ce que l'on vient de me dire: "Fifty-sixty et Mademoiselle Juliette ne sont pas des titres présents sur l'album".

Ce serait Alizée et son staff qui ont décidé de balancer cela sur le net histoire d'amorcer le retour. Sont-ce des maquettes ou non, je n'en sais fichtre rien!

L'info sur le site officiel concernant Mademoiselle Juliette serait donc volontairement fausse.

Someone just told maxpoussin that 50-60 and MJ aren't real titles on the next album, and that Alizée and her staff are just using it to announce her return, and that the info on the site concerning MJ is similarly false news.

Why am I wasting your time with a rumor like this? Because us fans would so, so want it to be true! Wouldn't we? Imagine, if it were true... I don't know why but I think anything's possible.
    Last edited by sb483; 17th September 2007 at 03:20.