Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

Lili's optimistique force Optimist's Avatar

So here three more of my pictures!! All made with a small casio Exilim with 3.2MP!!! Will just buy a Pentax K10D or a Nikon D80 or D40x next week do you know which of them is good???

Mauritius 06

Quality is just so bad cause I scaled them down!!! Normally about 3072 x 2048

Alizée rising like a phoenix out of its cinder
    to come back more beautiful and powerful !

La vie d'Alizée
    Vanadiom - the site

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    So here three more of my pictures!! All made with a small casio Exilim with 3.2MP!!! Will just buy a Pentax K10D or a Nikon D80 or D40x next week do you know which of them is good???
    If you are planning to buy it next week and don't know which on is good then I'd postpone the buying few months at least... Seriously.

Quality is just so bad cause I scaled them down!!! Normally about 3072 x 2048
    That's 6.3 MP

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    That's 6.3 MP
    I see yes I've looked the wrong photos!!! Looked one of my father's cam! (Canon Eos 300D) But the three down there wer shot with the Exilim, just scaled them down without looking the real resolution

THX RMJ, but I've got my 18th birthday next week and I'm planning this already a bit longer and my grandmother wants to have sth. that she can give me on my birthday!!! So my decision is the Nikon D80 with a AF18-70 objective!!!
    Why that??? Cause I think the Pentax is very heavy and doesn't really fit into my hans and the picture-quality of the Nikon is better than the one of the Pentax!!! Why the D80 and not the D40x?? Because the D80 has some more functions and is more a camera than the D40x, but there's not a lot difference between them!! And RMJ I thought too on a Eos 400D but I only can say that the photos of the 300D aren't very well!! I 've seen some of Nikons and Olympus and Sigma camera pics and unfortounately I have to say that they all were better than the once of the Eos 300D!! I know that depends on the settings and how good you know the camera and so on, but I like photographing a lot and just understand a little bit about that and I'm not very satisfied with the Canon!!!
    Best quality ever??? My old Nikon! But it's not digital and that's a reall problem today! I
    But like we all know it just depends on the user if he likes his cam or not! So this shouldn't be a valuation or something like that...more sth. like a personal meaning. But this are al awesome cameras!!!!

Will post some pics when I'll have got my camera next week wednesday and than you just can say if you like the quality or not!

BTW: Do you like the pictures that I posted? I just like to know the meaning of others or an advice what I can make better, cause I learn after the try and error princip!

La vie d'Alizée
    Vanadiom - the site

Thumbs up

magic photos
    bring more ones
    since 2003

Why that??? Cause I think the Pentax is very heavy and doesn't really fit into my hans and the picture-quality of the Nikon is better than the one of the Pentax!!! Why the D80 and not the D40x?? Because the D80 has some more functions and is more a camera than the D40x, but there's not a lot difference between them!! And RMJ I thought too on a Eos 400D but I only can say that the photos of the 300D aren't very well!! I 've seen some of Nikons and Olympus and Sigma camera pics and unfortounately I have to say that they all were better than the once of the Eos 300D!! I know that depends on the settings and how good you know the camera and so on, but I like photographing a lot and just understand a little bit about that and I'm not very satisfied with the Canon!!!
    There's not much point comparing 400D to 300D. 300D was the first consumer dSLR. It's the beginning of whole sector.

But you are right that 400D's image isn't the best possible. 350D has actually better image. But getting new 350D at reasonable price can be tricky already, at least here.

Canon's good point is amazing selection of lenses. There's simply anything for everyone, and not even at bad price (well, if we forget the L lenses, etc. Tho... they are worth the money... ).

But it's not digital and that's a reall problem today! I
    Why ?

Last time I checked, there were lots of films sold at photo store.

BTW: Do you like the pictures that I posted? I just like to know the meaning of others or an advice what I can make better, cause I learn after the try and error princip!
    Well, the first lacks contrast... And well, I don't really find anything interesting from it. I know why the photo is taken tho... Scenery like that is much more amazing in when you see it with your own eyes.

The second has cute dolphins (?) and pretty nice fog/sunbeam effect. But it lacks contrast, too.

The last one is much better in everyway really. It's good scenery photo. Has good dynamics, good contrasts, nice colors... Only thing that bugs in that is the thing at the bottom center. What's that ? Fence ? You should edit that out anyways, it doesn't belong to that photo...

Remember that digital photo needs to be always processed in photoeditor. It equals the process of film development in film cameras. The photo isn't ready before it's developed correctly.

The two photos are good example of not doing that. They contrast is way of and the image comes out pale.

And by editing it in photo editor I don't mean the altering the photo like in last case which I suggested. That's just extra fix, not developing anymore.
    Last edited by RMJ; 11th June 2007 at 22:00.

THX RMJ that helps, but the contrast is very trick with such a small cam!! And I haven't optimized them on PS now!!
    Yeah the 300D was one of the first, but I don#t know why but it just gives me a bad feeling against Canon . And what I forgot to mention, I can use the lences of my old Nikon which is really well, cause I have pretty much of them . The problem with non-digital Cameras is that you have to go to a photostore and just let them make with the chemical procedure (Don't know if this is correct Englisch) or let them digitalize them when you want to work with them! And my scanner is really bad!
    I think I will take my next photos and just optimize them in PS before I post them here and yes there are dolphins!!!

La vie d'Alizée
    Vanadiom - the site

but the contrast is very trick with such a small cam!!
    It's not about size of the camera, nor model of it, nor almost anything else.

True that pocket camera has lower dynamic range, but those photos aren't about that. They simply lacks contrast (well, the second is little burned in high end too, but still it's more about contrast).

And I haven't optimized them on PS now!!
    Yes, and that's why they aren't finished. They aren't yet proper photos, just "film negatives", taken straight out of camera.

And what I forgot to mention, I can use the lences of my old Nikon which is really well, cause I have pretty much of them .
    Well, that's of supports buy compatible camera then.

The problem with non-digital Cameras is that you have to go to a photostore and just let them make with the chemical procedure (Don't know if this is correct Englisch)
    It's called developing.

And you can do it at home, too, if you are too lazy to develop them elsewhere (well, real pro would do it byhimself anyways, since only then the photo will become what it is meant to be).

Of course film camera is more work than digital camera. But sometimes it's a good thing, too. It makes you think before you take the photo, because you can't correct everything afterward in photo editor.

The way you put it was just way off. It's not a problem nowadays, not anymore than it was before. It's just the way it is with the film cameras.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries

You guys are speaking of "RAW" images. If you take raw images, you do not have to worry that much about certain settings like exposure etc, because you can take care of all that in the raw editor (like the one that comes with your camera or the one in P/S or by using Adobe lightroom etc. . . the thing to worry about first and foremost when shooting landscapes with a dslr is to use a tripod. Then you get yourself a remote swtich, and finally use the mirror lock function on your camera so that the mirror does not move and locks in place to cut away the vibration it would've caused (although slight, it add ups when doing the other things I mentioned). Shoot in raw, and worry about shooting from your lens' highest f-stop or lowest, whether you want the whole pictue to be in focus or just the particualr subject in the frame (ie. like portraits of people and animals v. landscapes, etc) These are the sort of things you have to worry about whether you shoot in raw or not. . .

Aftyer you do all the calculating, you begin to compose your shot and recompose again (since we use digital cameras, you can take as much shots as you want, maybe even focus on something that is an interesting particular of the more beautifull whole . . . something that speaks to you . . . an object that has great detail like a rusty wheel or a lone chair in a abandoned house (ie. instead of taking a pic of the whole room, you focus on the compposition of the chair)

I have only taken portraits with my camera so far, and one sunset, so I will hope to show some images soon. I still need to buy a tripod and a head, and depending on the one I want, it could almost fetch me 800 BUCKS. . . as in big horned mofos. . . and I won't even mention the 2 lenses I want (one macro and one telephoto zoom lens mofo that will teleport my money to the moon