Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: Video->MP3 Convert

Mega Alizée Fan

Default Video->MP3 Convert

Guys, I have a question:
    How can I make an MP3 file out of a video (just to cut out the movie and leave the sound)? And with what program can I do it?

Thank You
    *Departing from AF ... my patience is short and my waiting is over*

Alizée Newbie

Here are some programs (unfortunately they are shareware)

http://www.mp3towav.org/Video-to-Audio-Converter Shareware limit: extract 30 files
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/adiovideotowav.html Shareware limit: extract 1 minute of audio
    http://www.soft14.com/Audio_and_Musi...95_Review.html (couldn' t run it, probably because I didn't restarted my computer)

Mega Alizée Fan

Ok thank you very much I only need a few files so I'll use the first one. Thanx again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stockhlam
    Here are some programs (unfortunately they are shareware)

http://www.mp3towav.org/Video-to-Audio-Converter Shareware limit: extract 30 files
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/adiovideotowav.html Shareware limit: extract 1 minute of audio
    http://www.soft14.com/Audio_and_Musi...95_Review.html (couldn' t run it, probably because I didn't restarted my computer)
    If you want i can find some kinda crack or code.Just give me the compleet and full name of the software

Alizée Fan

A really good video-editing program (can do menial tasks like extract .mp3 too) is Adobe Premiere Pro. I recomend it to anyone wanting to do just about anything with videos. (Though it doesn't support some codecs)

Mega Alizée Fan

No worries, problem solved, thanx

Alizée Newbie

If you want freeware tool you could use this one. On 192kbps and with quality near 9 position you should get cd quality if your video is okey.

It's nice that you try to help but before posting, look at the date of the threads you answered. They are all from 2 or 3 years ago.

Whatever the problem was, it has been solved long ago.

Beside, the solution is wrong quality wise anyways. 192kbps MP3 is not even close to CD quality. MP3 is lossy format and it's very likely that the video already has the audio encoded into some other lossy format so the quality loss is twice as bad. And even if the video has lossless audio, encoding it into MP3 causes it lose quality.

The best solution to get audio out of video is simply to extract it without any further re-encoding. The quality stays 100% same as in the video. There is many programs that can extract audio stream out of the video without re-encoding it.

One of such programs is VirtualDub and all modified versions of it.

Alizée Newbie

[quote user="RMJ" post="756726"]{..}Beside, the solution is wrong quality wise anyways. 192kbps MP3 is not even close to CD quality. MP3 is lossy format and it's very likely that the video already has the audio encoded into some other lossy format so the quality loss is twice as bad. And even if the video has lossless audio, encoding it into MP3 causes it lose quality.{..}[/quote]Well..i didn't say that mp3 wil bring you the cd quality 1:1 but 192kbps is for mp3 CD quality and it's optimal choice. Of course if you want nonlossy quality you should use flac format for example but it needs more free space on hard drive. But you`re right - topic closed.(:

[quote user="Suitor" post="756730"][quote user="RMJ" post="756726"]{..}Beside, the solution is wrong quality wise anyways. 192kbps MP3 is not even close to CD quality. MP3 is lossy format and it's very likely that the video already has the audio encoded into some other lossy format so the quality loss is twice as bad. And even if the video has lossless audio, encoding it into MP3 causes it lose quality.{..}[/quote]Well..i didn't say that mp3 wil bring you the cd quality 1:1 but 192kbps is for mp3 CD quality and it's optimal choice. Of course if you want nonlossy quality you should use flac format for example but it needs more free space on hard drive. But you`re right - topic closed.(:[/quote]

Even 320kbps MP3 is not CD quality. Depending on the song, it can sound something between "ok" and horrible. Far from optimal.

FLAC is CD quality, IF ( <- that's big if ) the source is lossless as well. From some random video, you can be 100% sure that it is not lossless audio. CD -> FLAC is lossless and has equal quality (assuming that your CD player is capable of reading perfectly the CD, without any erroneous bit. Most can but there's always tiny change that some bit is not correctly accessible, and since CD audio format has parity bits, you will never know unless you have another perfect copy of the track or it's checksum (and with cheksum there's till tiny bit chance that the checksum is checksum of some other songs. The propability for that depends on the used algorithm (typically used are MD5 which is 128 bit but also much higher ones are used and can be used. But chances that even 128bit MD5 has same checksum between two songs is so small that it makes you cry, literally 1 against 18x1018 ))).

And FLAC's needed space is very tiny, especially if your purpose is just to archive some audio from videos.

And even for music library it's not much nowadays, all my CDs are on computer in FLAC format and it uses only fraction of one of my hard drives. Hard drive space is practically free nowadays so why not use it. 400 MB for CD is practically unnoticeable. 100 CDs and you still have hundreds of gigs free space. And average person don't reach ever 1000 CDs, which might fill one HD already. And since new 500 GB costs less than 10 CDs... It's free space (and CDs are ridiculously priced...).

And since every Alizée bit is sacred, you want it at highest possible quality.