Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 World Championship

Super Alizée Fan

michael schumacher for the win.

Piece Of Paradise

Let's just say I love to see race cars lapping circuits like rockets, and I hope Schumacher and Ferrari win it again this year.

Inactive/Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlizéeInMYHeart
    yeah...19 races....but in my eyes there's only a race in 17 different countries.....

Germany have two imo (Hockenheim July 24th and "Europe" May 29th)

and well, Italy kinda has two too...(Monza september 4th and Imola April 24th)
    isn't Imola really in italy, and not San Marino?.....just a trick to get two "home" courses
    Your talking besides Monte Carlo, in Monaco right? because how that is it's own principality.

great course!

China Shanghai? holy crap it's one of the new ones, I haven't seen it!

Man with the golden gun VIP / Donator Mr Bond's Avatar

Nah will be European Grand Prix as thats held in Germany so two races there.

Mega Alizée Fan

I'm a huge MotoGP fan. Bikes are where it's at man
    http://www.brianspad.com
    "A man who loves himself will have no rivals..." - Benjamin Franklin

Inactive/Banned

Well yes there is two in Germany, I think Hockeinham is the best, It's similar to Monza Italy, I think those two tracks have the top speeds, because they have the longest straightaways.

I man, I just saw the table for drivers and constructors championships in 2004, I can see why some people do not like to watch!

Drivers

M. Schumacher 148
    R. Barrichello 114
    J. Button 85
    F. Alonso 59

The top two...both the ferraris, god it's not even close!

Constructors

Ferrari 262
    BAR-Honda 119
    Renault 105
    Williams-BMW 88

No one else had a chance. Is Barrichello going to remain Schumachers teamate?

hey, I just noticed on the official site, the countdown until the new season, nice! 14 days 15 hours 21 mins 27 secs. atm, until Melbourne! I'll have to catch that.

Yeah Rubens will be. I hope things are going to be closer. Yeah nowadays they can score many points than in previous seasons.

1st - 10
    2nd - 8
    3rd - 6
    4th - 5
    5th - 4
    6th - 3
    7th - 2
    8th - 1

So Ferrari can get 18 from a single race potentialy. The idea was that small teams would benefit, which to some extent has happened (Minardi scored a point at the US gp in 04) but does mean things can be more one sided.

Inactive/Banned

oh wow, this is opposed to, wasn't it only 1st through 6th place that got points before? I remember a race a few years back that had so many crashes, only 10 cars finished, 6 of them scoring I think!

And who can forgot the one where it was I believe Fischella or Barrichella before he was with Ferrari (might be) when he drove over the back of a car on turn one, first lap, and flew away like an airplane! I need to find that and make it a gif

Piece Of Paradise

That was the 2001 German GP. Luciano Burti crashed behind a slow moving M. Schumacher and flew into the air.

heh....^cool pic.....Ralf Schumacher has also been testing to fly with a help of a Ferrari...in Melbourne 2002:

Beware of the Bunnies!

Inactive/Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlizéeInMYHeart
    heh....^cool pic.....Ralf Schumacher has also been testing to fly with a help of a Ferrari...in Melbourne 2002:

OH, no no no i meant Ralf Schumacher then! See, his car flew like an airplane, yes it was in Melbourne. I wasn't talking about that Burti crash where it went vertical like that. sorry. I was confused.

It's flyiiiinngg

I have that Ralf Incident on vhs tape...that doesn't feel like three years ago....

pretty sure it was 2002.....that will make it almost 3 years ago

wow, the years just come and go so quickly....
    Beware of the Bunnies!

Yeah I remember those pretty big that one with Burti was because Schumi had an electrical problem and was slow getting away. Burti just ran into him.

He he they actually signed those! Think thats Ralf Schumacher on the top pic why would you sign that not his greatest moment!

Inactive/Banned

oh I'm sure those incidents make a fond memory. That probably makes Ralf smile.

Did you see that guy the other day in the Daytona warmup who got run off the track, got back into the race, and managed to win. I usually don't care but that was a cool highlight.

Inactive/Banned

not to nag, but that's not formula 1 though

I know some of us here watch both, but I watch F1 because I don't like NASCAR.

Yeah I know it's not formula 1. It's just that I see racing highlights a couple of times a year and that was kinda cool. I don't see how you can love one type of car over another like that. But yeah, this ought to be about formula 1. I was just trying to be cool like you guys.

Inactive/Banned

It's alright, as I said not to nag because I always go off topic myself. I like the Rally, Gran Turismo, and Moto GP as well.

But Formula 1 wins for me. Though I realize, as you can see by the votes, many find it to be very boring.

I'll say what I like about it, not only is it a competition between the car drivers, it is morso than NASCAR in my opinion, a competition of the car companies! I mean every form of racing is a competition between companies, and so a business thing, but I think it is less so with NASCAR because isn't that only the big three, and they have like 50 drivers so they are pretty much all in almost the same cars?

NASCAR I think, puts alot more focus on the drivers themselvs. Even though formula one can put alot of focus easier on the drivers (there are only 20 this year I think?) Yes they still somehow manage a great balance with that and a huge ego filled contest between the auto makers, to reflect upon their good reputations of course, the economics of it.

I was looking up *exact* definitions of words for my paper, when I noticed this random ad.

It seems they have both Ferraris out front, now I know they do very well, but it isn't THAT often that they hold 1st and 2nd position respectably. Is this some kind of hidden marketing scheme? You can also see the two mclarens quite prominently...in the pic they chose...

Hmm nt sure I'd agree they were 1 and 2 in a lot of races last year including US grand prix. Yeah there are 20 drivers in 05. Rallying is ok but often rallies are too short now and they repeat stages also it was better when they had more powerful cars Subaru Impreza's and Toyota Celicas. Thank for keeping the fires burning I've been way a lot recently.

Inactive/Banned

ahh I live so close to the U.S. grand prix and I never made it out there. It's in Indianapolis.