Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 World Championship

Man with the golden gun VIP / Donator Mr Bond's Avatar

Default Formula 1 World Championship

Right this came up in another thread (Forum Awards) if you look it is related to the topic honest. Jango told me I should do this so obviously it has to be done! Basically do you watch Formula 1 and if so what are your favourite teams and drivers? Will 05 be another Ferrari & Schumi snooze fest or will somone give him the hurry up?

Personaly I think it will be much harder for him now there are a whole raft of new regs for this year. Engines now have to last 2 races so reliability could be an issue also the cars have less downforce meaning that they are more of a challenge to drive.

The pressure will come from BAR I'm sure of it Honda are back on form. Button will win for them this year no really he will the car is good and he is much more consistent he just needs the car under him. Williams will be strong only one win last year but with Mark Webber they will do well this is a guy who can score points in a Jag and that was a mighty slow car last year.

This year there are 19 races, which would be god if they were of say the quality of the classics Spa, Monza, Albert Park, Silverstone and Suzuka but these new tracks are just about who can have the best hospitality rooms the best grandstands and at best the track sucks. The worst is Bahrain have a look at this and get excited because I can't.

http://www.crash.net/pictures/thumbs/78563.jpg

Anyway it you're still remotely interested in F1 then go forth and post.

Mega Alizée Fan

boring........ ur sending me to sleep.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

football is faaaaaaaaar more interesting

Hasta Luego...

Inactive/Banned

YES go bond.

Ok, I like Jenson Button, but I haven't seen him since he was the man in blue.... I need to go somewhere to catch up on all of this.

And I'm mad I have never made it to the U.S. Grand Prix!! arg.

Hey Schumacher will do good in 05 prolly, he doesn't seem to give up. But who is his teamate this year? It's not ALL him (well ok ya, mostly ).

I was reading in Autoweek a report on a race like either two seasons ago and last season, and in the interview after the race, He admited he was so many laps ahead of everyone the whole race and so bored, that he was not watching the track any longer, but looking up at the screen the audience watches to see the battle between the 2nd 3rd and 4th place drivers! Now that is a man!

I dip in, every now and then....was soooo bored when Michael won almost every race....this year should be good.

IMO though, bring back Damon Hill !!!

Inactive/Banned

I have not Heard of Damon Hill since he was in my F1 simulator in 97, when Jarnou Trulie (sp) was Schumachers teamate.

^ imo, that is part of the reason Ferrari always wins, their car is superior, and more reliable.

well that's the 2003 or 2004 right? I remember both Schu and the other teamate (was it Button?) used the 2003 model in most of 2004 because they liked it, and they were working the 2004 models bugs out have the season, or something, right?

well, I'm not a freak, but I do get pissed off if I miss a race

McLaren is my team, for obvious reasons (Räikkönen, Häkkinen in the past), and besides, this year they have the two strongest drivers after Schumi (Räikkönen and Montoya)......

they have finally got a new car also....well, dunno if that's a good or a bad news, since the last time they brought out a new car it failed miserably.....But they will be strong this season.....

Besides McLaren, I really cheer for Minardi....it's always cool to see a Minardi taking a point(s)....unfortunately that has happen maybe twice the last 4-5 years
    Beware of the Bunnies!

Yeah it was great when Damon was in F1 all the rivalry with Schumacher and was all bacause of this little incident back in 94?

http://www.chez.com/dhill/images/ef_1994b.jpg

Anyone remember that? I do I'm sad I know I've watched F1 compulsively since I was 5 lol! People say they made up but nah I don't think so not deep down.

Yeah Schumi still has Rubens as his teamate. Shame because he just seems to bow down to him instead of racing him well thats my opinion.

Inactive/Banned

Ok, Kimi Raikkonen is cool, so now Mclaren-Mercedes is cool. but remember when David Coulthard was on there, he was such a bitch imo!

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett9232002
    Ok, Kimi Raikkonen is cool, so now Mclaren-Mercedes is cool. but remember when David Coulthard was on there, he was such a bitch imo!
    well, that was only cause he was pissed at Ron Dennis, who brought Kimi into the team.....David had hoped to take over the "first-driver" spot in McLaren after Häkkinen quit, but instead Ron decided to bring in another Finn that pushed David back to the "second-driver"
    Beware of the Bunnies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bond
    Yeah it was great when Damon was in F1 all the rivalry with Schumacher and was all bacause of this little incident back in 94?

Anyone remember that? I do I'm sad I know I've watched F1 compulsively since I was 5 lol! People say they made up but nah I don't think so not deep down.
    was that the time when Schumi "accidentally" collided with Damon, so that Schumi could get the title.....I remember him doin' something similar to Villeneuve too.....
    Beware of the Bunnies!

Lol I'm going to win the world championship this year Coulthard yeah course you are mate! He's moved up or down depending on what you think to Red Bull Racing (Used to be Jaguar but Ford who own them pulled out of F1 and sold the team for some unknown reason to Red Bull erm why?) I'm behind the team as its based in my home town but I wish old man Dave wasn't there.

Yeah its very interesting the coincidence I have my own views n the matter but hey thats the past.

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan

Ok everybody knows Fernando Alonso is the best driver nowadays I think he can do a great championship, cos the car has been improved, and the combination R25-Alonso is owning everybody else in the training sessions they are doing to test the car. Plus, as other ones like Ferraris or Hondas have had to be adapted to the new rules, losing engine capacity, etc., Renault's new car is even better now.

I can't wait!

Inactive/Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlizéeInMYHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett9232002
    well, that was only cause he was pissed at Ron Dennis, who brought Kimi into the team.....David had hoped to take over the "first-driver" spot in McLaren after Häkkinen quit, but instead Ron decided to bring in another Finn that pushed David back to the "second-driver"
    If David wouldn't stop sucking, and thinking he the best, this wouldn't be a problem.

Two words for Davey

TOO OLD

Quote Originally Posted by AlizéeInMYHeart

was that the time when Schumi "accidentally" collided with Damon, so that Schumi could get the title.....I remember him doin' something similar to Villeneuve too.....
    Oh dear! This sounds good! please get an image that works!

About Ford selling their team, I don't think the care, or ever did care. To me. But I'm glad Toyata entered in last season, I only caught the season opener (Melbourne Australia), didn't Mark Webber set a record for a new team entering by placing fourth?

And Manu, BAR is still with Honda right? don't they only have a v-10?

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan

Hmm to be honest, Jang, I have no idea about technical things lol, but I've read that the new engines have to last 2 races, so that's gonna make them lose capacity... That made sense until you asked Dunno.

Inactive/Banned

Well I just mentioned the BAR-Honda engine type, you just got more technical than me with these new rules!

I don't know of any of the rule changes since when Slicks were outlawed.

All I know now is, if they enter the pits and the tires ribs on the tires are all worn off, they are disqualified!

Sorry about the pic it was working yesterday maybe the server is down? I will look for another one if not.

Think your on to something Manu Fisi is blowing them away in testing at Barcelona this week. Heard on the news that his time was just 0.5 sec slower than Scumi's pole time in 04! Good to see him in a car in, which he can show his talent unlike being at Jordan that was a waste of his time & skill.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32082

Yeah there are great sites out there

www.itv-f1.com
    www.formula1.com - Official F1 site
    http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

This post is exploding so many posts must my most sucessful yet great work guys.

Inactive/Banned

ofc, because unlike nascar, this sport has international appeal. I mean, every race is in a different country, 19 countries this year according to you! woot!

yeah...19 races....but in my eyes there's only a race in 17 different countries.....

Germany have two imo (Hockenheim July 24th and "Europe" May 29th)

and well, Italy kinda has two too...(Monza september 4th and Imola April 24th)
    isn't Imola really in italy, and not San Marino?.....just a trick to get two "home" courses
    Beware of the Bunnies!

March 6 AUSTRALIA Melbourne
    March 20 MALAYSIA Sepang
    April 3 BAHRAIN Sakhir
    April 24 SAN MARINO Imola
    May 8 SPAIN Barcelona
    May 22 MONACO Monte Carlo
    May 29 EUROPE Nurburgring
    June 12 CANADA Montreal
    June 19 USA Indianapolis
    July 3 FRANCE Magny-Cours
    July 10 BRITAIN Silverstone
    July 24 GERMANY Hockenheim
    July 31 HUNGARY Hungaroring
    August 21 TURKEY Istanbul
    September 4 ITALY Monza
    September 11 BELGIUM Spa
    September 25 BRAZIL Interlagos
    October 9 JAPAN Suzuka
    October 16 CHINA Shanghai

Yep 19 races right I'm goin out now to get tanked up cya soon bye!

Toc De Mac Alizée Fan

Think your on to something Manu Fisi is blowing them away in testing at Barcelona this week. Heard on the news that his time was just 0.5 sec slower than Scumi's pole time in 04! Good to see him in a car in, which he can show his talent unlike being at Jordan that was a waste of his time & skill.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32082
    Yep, Renault is getting real good times in Barcelona, and so did they in Jerez and Valencia as well. I think we are not gonna see those races leaded by Schumi from first lap till the final that often.