Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Thread: video playing

Inactive/Banned

Default video playing

Sometimes i get an error message on an mpg or likewise that says cannot support FactoryClass or something along those lines. Im not sure what to do. It says error downloading codec and stuff.

Banned

mm yeah, thats a problem with Vobs, m2v files ect..

There is a codec pack you can download, also get windows media classic.

Check out this link, it may help you:

http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.p...en&content=faq

Quote Originally Posted by FanPage
    Which codecs do I need for which video?

Gspot is a small program used to detect which codec(s) the movie uses. It shows both video and audio formats. It??s a very handy program when you can??t play the movie and you don??t know what codec the movie uses.
    You can get the latest version of this program from here http://www.headbands.com/gspot/. Unzip the archive you downloaded and run Gspot.exe. No installation is required you only have to run the program

When Gspot has been started use File -> Open to browse the movie file, you can also drag-drop the file into Gspot. Then Gspot will show some information about the video file.
    Look at "Codec" section in "Video Format". If the "Status" says "not installed", you will probably have to obtain the codec shown. The same goes for the "Audio Format"
    section - if the appropriate "audio codec" is not installed, you may be getting no sound.

Inactive/Banned

Default darn

i have g-spot and i used it. It still cannot recognize the files. they are

l'alize_show_viva_-_25102001.mpeg

alizee JPVA top of the pops 18.06.03 mpeg

Alizee-2001-02-13 Performance-L'alize-Dansez Maintenant FR2 (by kiouty)-2.mpg

Ive always had trouble playing certain videos even though i have gspot and every media player. They always say things like bad file name or couldnt support FactoryCLass or something stupid.

Banned

Ive found that WINDVD or POWERDVD works also for most videos. Alizee-2001-02-13 Performance-L'alize-Dansez Maintenant FR2 (by kiouty)-2.mpg ( WINDVD or POWERDVD should play thisone for sure. Download these and play them in that. Also media Classic player.

Inactive/Banned

i have media player classic now and it works fine.

Owner & Admin Administrator Riccardo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inactive/Banned

DC++ keeps screwing up! every other time i connect is says my name is taken and i have to switch to my alternate and back. Also, When i get in, it says everyone is sharing ZERO gigs of data except like 2 or 3 people, anc i cant connect to anyone!
    Any help would be appreciated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett9232002
    DC++ keeps screwing up! every other time i connect is says my name is taken and i have to switch to my alternate and back. Also, When i get in, it says everyone is sharing ZERO gigs of data except like 2 or 3 people, anc i cant connect to anyone!
    Any help would be appreciated
    When you dissconnect from the hub and re-connect to soon ur name will still be in use. Its the sam even on IRC. Wait about 10 mins then rejoin or change ur nick.

When you join the hub, for about 4 seconds it will show that everyone are sharing 0 gigs, untill it gets the latest refresh in a few seconds. Discconect, then wait 10 mins then re-connect... this might work.

But yes, there is a small problem that has happened like you said... Most users are showing 0 gigs.. I hope it puts itself right soon. I think you can still get filelists though...

Alizée Newbie

Media player classic is okey but i suggest you to give a try to VLC media player because it by default has all codecs needed.