Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: How/When did you first hear about Alizée ?

2M'alizee: In fact, that video is the second one, I mentioned. The first one was called World of Warcraft Dance Montage: Alliance Version (can't find any working link anymore), which didn't show the real dances, only the ingame ones with real music...
    Alizée... resistance has never been more futile.

Díky za všechno, Lili...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    At most, I was cought by her personality - I couldn't think about her as a celebrity, I still saw a simple girl in her. Maybe it was this personality, which was clearly readable for me in her performances and singing, which attracted me at most.
    Yea she seems to have really great personality, though, I'd really love to spend some time with her to know how she REALLY is.

And by the way, most of us maybe discovered her through WoW, but I really dislike that game

I was searching for a video on Youtube, I don't exactly remember what I was searching. I think it was a game or something... Well. I finaly found the video, and I was suprised about the song (Alizee - la isla bonita). Her voice made me feel good. In the discription the owner of the video didn't put the name of the song, so I had to ask it, and like 5 minutes later I had a reply. I liked it more and more. But when I saw her... Meh you probably know what happend
    I started to watch more video's of her, and she realy impressed me. Not long after that I was looking for more information about her. I've read very intresting things, and found very lovely pictures. I loved her so much, I wanted to disscus about it with people.. Listen to their opinion. Well, that brought me here.

? Contre-Courant FanPage Staff
    VIP / Donator
    Moderator (EN)
    Blog Entries
    POWERED BY ALIZ?E

NO FUTURE__Earth Song__NO END

A friend told me "Hey, listen to this song" (it was "J'en ai marre") but though I didn't like it, it left me curious. Then I looked her songs and listened "L'Alizé" just because I liked the name of the song. And I liked it. The rest is history.

2000-2001 : Moi Lolita came up on TMF (Dutch-Belgian MTV type TV station) and i thought she was really cute, then later on she appeared at a TMF award show and performed L'alizé, the video aired on TMF for a short while. After that it got really quite around her (at least here it did) and i forgot about her

then somewhere last year i think it was, whilst browsing on Youtube i saw the La Isla Bonita video, needless to say i was amazed by her, so i decided to get some wallpapers, but then it was just one amongst the others for me.

After watching more & more videos and hearing more songs i really got into her, bought the CD's & DVD and nowadays i'm a fan (and blaming TMF & radio stations for not playing her other songs when they came out )

Alizée Newbie

Actually i'm from India and alizee is not popular in media here. bcuz very less people speak french. In 2008-09 my friend gave me a cd of her song la isla bonita. from that song she is my favourite international artist.there are madonna,Lady gaga, Britney Spears, shakira but most beautiful is Alizee. In india there are 1000 of songs where produced in month with leading actress like miss world Aishwarya, priyanka chopra, katrina.But still she is my favourite. Although i dont no french.

i found Alizee through you tube. Here song J`en ai Marre kept coming up in the recommended section, one day i had nothing else to do and to satisfy my curiosity i watched it. I liked it, and watched it a few times over the next few days, along with J`ai pas vangt ans, however i was not a fan really at the time, it was more of just music id listen to if i had nothing to do. Was not really a fan till i googled her one day (again nothing better to do) and there was a biography there, and it was then i realised how similar to me she was, that was a few months ago and i have been looking at as much media as i can about her in order to try and find out more about her ever since. I still havnt found anything that i can say "this is why we are not the same", and as such here i am still looking for a difference, something that would end my search. Even the day i find it, ill still be a fan though
    Rugby, Racing, and Robotics

A friend told me about a website called Youtube when I still knew nothing about the internet, so I suurfed the internet and found Youtube, and on 4-25-2010 at 2:30pm I saw Alizée the very first time......Rob powered by Alizée since 2010.

It was back in late November early December 2004 before Youtube and we had web pages that would list a variety of videos. I was bored and clicking through the various videos that had been posted on one of these sites when I came across one labeled "Cute Girl". I clicked on the link and Alizée came walking out singing La Isla Bonita. It wasn't more than 30-45 seconds into the video when I was sitting there thinking and repeating over and over to myself "Who is this Girl". It was so bad that after playing the video continuously for over an hour I had to pull myself away to find out who she was. I was on an automotive board at the time with members from all over the U.S., Canada and the E.U. so I posted the link and asked if anyone knew who she was. With in twenty minutes a member from England responded to my post informing me that this girls name was Alizée and she was a French pop star. I was lurking on many of her fan boards for a few years before finally joining a U.S. board in 2007. Eight years later I'm still as infatuated with her as I was the first time I saw her.
    Last edited by ALS; 4th November 2012 at 17:09. Reason: Didn't proof read wrong word

Actually, I was watching Madonna videos on that particular day. And a related (tagged) link kept coming up. Alizée - La Isla Bonita.......when I finally decided to click onto it, well, 30 seconds into the video I had been totally floored and changed forever! Alizée has been my love ever since......here is my original story..........I have calmed down some.....but not much. I love her more now than I ever have before........Alizée is simply put, The Best and so amazing!
    [url]http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?25878-The-Power-Of-Alizée[/url]
    Last edited by robertrhein; 4th November 2012 at 05:15.

Super Alizée Fan Moderator (PL) Jazzmin's Avatar

Well, I must have heard Alizée's song years ago. I'm sure I can remember the song that I heard in radio and I thought the voice of the singer was quite nice but I didn't care who was singing it really. The song was JPVA. I could've heard "Moi... Lolita" too for it's the most popular song of Alizée (and it can still be heard in radio in Poland) but I can't remember this one.
    When did I get interested? When I got to see the "Gourmandises" video, two years ago maybe. I must have been enchanted, mustn't I? Anyway I didn't want to listen to Alizée's songs first - because they were in French and I didn't know French. And I didn't like listening to songs I didn't understand. But it DID HAPPEN. After I started to love "Moi... Lolita", I decided to check up the whole "Gourmandises" album. And this is how it all began.
    Last edited by Jazzmin; 4th November 2012 at 15:42.
    Everyone knows I'm like Jessica Rabbit
    I'm your leading lady, I gotta have it, baby

I do like the way you said,"enchanted" Jazzmin. That fairly describes what happened to me.......However I would search for a stronger term, like floored, or overwhelmed....or......

Blog Entries

I just love her voice since the first time I heard her songs in the radio or I saw her clips in TV.
    The first song I heard from her was "Moi... Lolita" of course, then "L'Alizé". (Around 2001)
    Later I saw the clip of JEAM, which I also liked, then JPVA. I think I fell in love with that clip It was played in music channels till the end of 2005... I really loved it.

These songs and their clips were very popular in Hungary, I don't understand what happened since then... :/

So... when I first heard about Lili, I was very young, in 2001 I was only 7 or 8
    And since then... I still love her.

Alizée, c'est l'odyssée Ridingthewave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
    I just love her voice since the first time I heard her songs in the radio or I saw her clips in TV.
    The first song I heard from her was "Moi... Lolita" of course, then "L'Alizé". (Around 2001).
    It's nice to see another member here also discovered Alizée through Moi... Lolita on TV just as I did. WOW!

Well I've mentioned b4 how or when I discovered her, but never in this thread.

It was late November 2001 for me when this angel appeared before my eyes as ML was being played on the Smash Hits TV music channel at the time. I remember watching for her song to come up again and again as I really wanted to know who this angels name was, if not just to see her again.

I missed her name the first time around you see, but when I finally got around to finding out it was "Alizée" I thought to myself what a perfect name it was for such a beauty. Anyway I was mystified, so the following days I went out looking for her CD in the stores and I eventually got her Gourmandises album from HMV.. it was that CD where I got the link to her official website and when I checked it out I saw wonders.. the rest is history.