Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 4030 EUR, Received: 40 EUR (1%)
(*Donation progressbar standing is unconfirmed.)
If you have donated, comment in this: donation thread, so we may review it.
Unfortunately we've lost the ability to generate ad revenue, because of some links to copyrighted content, which were posted by certain members, so now we solely depend on donations to keep this site running.
Please support the website with your donation.

Any donation will help!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 265

Thread: Translations

  1. #21
    Owner & Admin Administrator Riccardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Apr 2003
    Location
    Germany, Berlin
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,872
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Yes, we can do that, but we can put credits to it. thats no problem. the problem is we didnt do taht before and i do not know the authors, so please help us and we put credits on it.

  2. #22
    Alizée Interested
    Join Date
    22nd Jul 2003
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    I think riccardo did a great job translating a contre -courant.. even though i don't uderstand french i still love the way alizee sings ...

  3. #23
    Mega Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    19th Sep 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,439
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    I'm currently translating all the songs from French to English. I'm about halfway done, but at times the translations are very tricky. I'm trying the best I can to keep a good balance between being literal and capturing the essence. Often, this is not easy because it requires a certain level of subjectiveness even though I'm trying to be as objective as I can. I'm also comparing with the German lyrics to make sure everything is consistent.

  4. #24
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    28th Apr 2003
    Age
    18
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I am translating into spanish C'est trop tard and L'e-mail a des ailes.
    Possibly, they will be ready this evening.

  5. #25
    Toc De Mac Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    3rd Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,613
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Thanks a lot to all of you, guys. You're great

  6. #26
    Mega Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    10th Nov 2003
    Location
    The "REAL" OC (Orange County, CA)
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Babblefish Translation says:

    Me Lolita:

    Me I am called Lolita
    The or well Lola
    Similar one to the even
    Me I am called Lolita
    When I dream of the wolves
    This is Lola that healthy
    When pitchfork my language,
    I have there a crazy crazy so laugh
    What a phenomenon I am called Lolita
    The of life, the to torrential loves

    This is not my fault
    And when I give my language to the cats
    I see the others
    All ready ones to throw itself on me
    This is not my fault to me
    If I hear all around me
    Hello, helli, are for you HAS (L.O.L.I.T.A.)
    Me Lolita

    Me I am called Lolita
    Collégienne to the bottoms
    Blue of méthylène
    Me I am called Lolita
    Irascible and not
    Mi-coton, mi-laine
    Motus and mouth that n'dis not
    To mom that I am a phenomenon
    I am called Lolita
    The of life, the to torrential loves

    This is not my fault
    And when I give my language to the cats
    I see the others
    All ready ones to throw itself on me
    This is not my fault to me
    If I hear all around me
    Hello, helli, are for you HAS (L.O.L.I.T.A.)
    Me Lolita

    Makes not much sense. Also, Riccardo your translation page is inoperative.
    http://www.brianspad.com
    "A man who loves himself will have no rivals..." - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #27
    Alizée Newbie
    Join Date
    5th Jan 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Hi there...

    Well, It's a strange way to introduce me here but there is no perfect way!

    I'm a french canadian and I just noticed how you guys are trying to translate Alyzée songs. My opinion is that, by doing automatic translation you are getting some nonsense text and with no spirit. I think you can't translate poetry and wishing to keep those double sense or rhymes.

    Maybe the nearest perfect translation would be someone who understand well the original work and would understand well the desired language of translation to be able to use some proper expression that is suitable to the work. (My god, is that make sense what I'm saying!!??hehe)

    Whatsoever, I can understand your motivation

    To understand the meaning of "Donner sa langue au chat", put yourself in a condition when you can't answer a question someone asking you. What yould you say ? "I can't guess", in french we would say "Je donne ma langue au chat". But this is a litteral phrase, the thing of giving is thong to the cat can be understand by : If I can't use my language (my thong) to answer the question, what is the use of it (my thong), so I'll gave it to the cat so he can eat it!!! Tada!!

    Hope it was not so bad and I hope you wont be offensed from my words.

    See ya soon
    (yes, my 1st message and in the english forum, I would'nt guessed that!)

  8. #28
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    28th Apr 2003
    Age
    18
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Today I have sent the translation into spanish of C'est trop tard to Riccardo. Soon you will be able to see it...

  9. #29
    Mega Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    19th Sep 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,439
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Hi there...

    Quote Originally Posted by GastonLagace
    Well, It's a strange way to introduce me here but there is no perfect way!

    I'm a french canadian and I just noticed how you guys are trying to translate Alyzée songs. My opinion is that, by doing automatic translation you are getting some nonsense text and with no spirit. I think you can't translate poetry and wishing to keep those double sense or rhymes.

    Maybe the nearest perfect translation would be someone who understand well the original work and would understand well the desired language of translation to be able to use some proper expression that is suitable to the work. (My god, is that make sense what I'm saying!!??hehe)

    Whatsoever, I can understand your motivation

    To understand the meaning of "Donner sa langue au chat", put yourself in a condition when you can't answer a question someone asking you. What yould you say ? "I can't guess", in french we would say "Je donne ma langue au chat". But this is a litteral phrase, the thing of giving is thong to the cat can be understand by : If I can't use my language (my thong) to answer the question, what is the use of it (my thong), so I'll gave it to the cat so he can eat it!!! Tada!!

    Hope it was not so bad and I hope you wont be offensed from my words.

    See ya soon
    (yes, my 1st message and in the english forum, I would'nt guessed that!)
    Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see a fellow Canadian. How about those Montreal Canadiens! They might even make the playoffs this year.

    Translation is a tricky business and requires intelligence. Those computer translators are pretty useless because they only translate literally and often are inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by toni_buenrollito
    Today I have sent the translation into spanish of C'est trop tard to Riccardo. Soon you will be able to see it...
    You can also send it to me. I can post it up for you.

  10. #30
    Alizée Newbie
    Join Date
    5th Jan 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hi there...

    Quote Originally Posted by jemalizée
    Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see a fellow Canadian. How about those Montreal Canadiens! They might even make the playoffs this year.

    Translation is a tricky business and requires intelligence. Those computer translators are pretty useless because they only translate literally and often are inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by toni_buenrollito
    Today I have sent the translation into spanish of C'est trop tard to Riccardo. Soon you will be able to see it...
    You can also send it to me. I can post it up for you.
    Hello Jemalizée! Thnx for replying and the welcome words

    Nice to see other canadian folk too!

    Maybe I did not explained well what I mean when I said

    Quote Originally Posted by mywords!
    My opinion is that, by doing automatic translation you are getting some nonsense text and with no spirit. I think you can't translate poetry and wishing to keep those double sense or rhymes.
    By automatic translation, I was meaning translate words in its integrity without the context, the basic translation. Sorry don't know exactly how to put it in my words! Hope this is more clear even if it's not crystal clear!!

    BTW : I'm not very an hockey fan, but yeah, I know there going well. You look to know that better then me!

    Maybe it's off-topic here, but I was wondering of how well Alizée is known in our country ?

    Hope to meet you again.
    Ciao!
    Un forum québecois entre amis!!

  11. #31
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    28th Apr 2003
    Age
    18
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Hi there...

    Quote Originally Posted by jemalizée

    Translation is a tricky business and requires intelligence. Those computer translators are pretty useless because they only translate literally and often are inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by toni_buenrollito
    Today I have sent the translation into spanish of C'est trop tard to Riccardo. Soon you will be able to see it...
    You can also send it to me. I can post it up for you.

    I totally agree with you, jemalizée, translation requires intelligence! if not, all the songs will always be translated... It's needed a person who understand two langauges and can guess what the song wnats to say in the other language. The translation is already published in www.alizee-fanpage.com, but if you want, I can send you it.

  12. #32
    Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    10th May 2004
    Location
    M101, Spiral galaxy
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    In Canada two official languages: english and french???

  13. #33
    Piece Of Paradise
    Guest

    Default

    Yes, Canada is officially bilingual, meaning that it has two official languages.

  14. #34
    Alizée Interested
    Join Date
    17th May 2004
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    is there a translation for the fun tv interview anywhere?

  15. #35
    Mega Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    10th Jun 2003
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,478
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    there are translations and subtitles for that.
    great interview
    Translation
    Subtitles

  16. #36
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    28th Apr 2003
    Age
    18
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pieceofparadise
    Yes, Canada is officially bilingual, meaning that it has two official languages.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think that French is only widely spoken at the east coast (Québécois). In Vancouver, where jem lives, french isn't very spreaded.

  17. #37
    Piece Of Paradise
    Guest

    Default

    You are right, but officially, the country is bilingual.

  18. #38
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    26th May 2004
    Location
    Past: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia..Present: United Kingdom
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    can i ask something? I'm just want to know about Fantasy Love. Is that Alizee song?

  19. #39
    Mega Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    4th Jan 2004
    Location
    Abracadabralizée
    Posts
    2,398
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Nope




  20. #40
    Super Alizée Fan
    Join Date
    26th May 2004
    Location
    Past: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia..Present: United Kingdom
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    that means she never sing that song?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •